I'm In A Band !
rhoads
Dec 11 2011, 02:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi,

I have to say that somebody up there really loves me because now I have the opportunity to play with some of the best musicians here in my town. Remember that I told you that I had my first gig a month ago or so with some guys here ? Well they formed a band in the mean time, with two guitars. And a week ago they kicked out one of them because he did some nasty things and replaced him with me smile.gif

This is actually the best thing that could happen for me here in Sibiu, because this guys pretty much the best here. I had to learn about 20 songs this week because yesterday we had a gig in a town near by and we had time to rehearse only twice. Cover songs of course and some of them I knew before but it was a crazy week for me.

To be honest, the gig didn't go so well unfortunately, but now we have time to rehears a lot until the next one. Oh, and it was payed gig also so I just earned by first from playing guitar biggrin.gif.

So as I said, this is huge for me. Of course I am getting a lot of kicks in the butt for not playing this well or not playing that well, but it doesn't matter, I am grateful cause it's the fastest way I can learn. I have to do my best now so they keep me.

It's strange now things work out sometimes because, here, they were pretty much the only band that I can really learn from. There are some others but not accessible for me and the rest are pretty much amateurs and you know... it's not like I am a pro but it would be a very slow learning process.

Keep you updated with the progress smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Kalidia
Dec 11 2011, 03:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Congrats man! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 11 2011, 03:40 PM
Learning Roadie
AWESOME

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 11 2011, 05:39 PM
Instructor
that's so great congrats! I agree, someone up there loves you!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2011, 08:54 PM
Instructor
All great news!! Congrats mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 11 2011, 09:23 PM
Instructor
Awesome news.. I totally agree with you that it is the best, the fastest and the hardest way to learn.. to be thrown in at the deep end with musicians who push you. Nice work ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 11 2011, 10:43 PM
Instructor
Throwing yourself in the fire is the best way to learn! smile.gif Congratulations and heads up! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 12 2011, 12:09 AM
Instructor
That's some great news ,congrats man ,give us some demos soon wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 12 2011, 04:34 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm happy for u mate....Cheers cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
rhoads
Dec 14 2011, 11:13 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot !
Hope everything will go well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 16 2011, 05:20 AM
Instructor
Congratulations!!!! It's very good that you are working and playing with great musicians!!! My only advice would be is to try to get as many connections as possible and it will lead you to other gigs for sure! That's how it starts!!!
I'm really happy for you
Keep it up!!!!!

+Quote Post
rhoads
Dec 16 2011, 09:32 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 16 2011, 04:20 AM) *
Congratulations!!!! It's very good that you are working and playing with great musicians!!! My only advice would be is to try to get as many connections as possible and it will lead you to other gigs for sure! That's how it starts!!!
I'm really happy for you
Keep it up!!!!!

Thanks a lot man !

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:33 AM