2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Another Happy Newbee
Rapitap
Mar 20 2009, 11:14 AM
GMC:er
Hi everyone at GMC!

My name is Astrid. biggrin.gif
(I've grown into using Rapitap as my nick, pretty much everywhere on the net.)

I'm SO glad to have found this place so I can ask and learn step by step on how to play on my EL-guitar. I heard Trond Vold playing Rock Solo and I was completely sold. That track is my inspiraton to continue everyday, but hey: today is my 9th day as a guitar owner and I can already not feel my fingertips on my left hand *hehe* I'm sure thats a good thing right?
Anyhow - in order to play anything I had to step back a few and then I stumbleded into Andrew Cockburns sections for absolute beginners which has been quite helpful the last week. Just knowing the terms and stuff is a new exciting world for me. I can actually say that I'm working on the pentatonic scale and I impress myself. *hehe - small steps*

Well - a short intro from me - hope to get to know you all!

~Greetings from a happy Rapitap.
biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 20 2009, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Welcome to the site

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 20 2009, 11:18 AM
Instructor
Welcome Astrid!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 20 2009, 11:23 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Rapitap @ Mar 20 2009, 11:14 AM) *
... today is my 9th day as a guitar owner and I can already not feel my fingertips on my left hand *hehe* I'm sure thats a good thing right?

You're doing well then smile.gif - must have taken me at least a month to get to that stage wink.gif but then again I'm a slow learner rolleyes.gif smile.gif .

Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 20 2009, 11:42 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Welcome Astrid! I would also advice to learn the most basic chords, like the ones from this lesson. Than You can search the internet and find chords that are used to play songs You like. I learned chords first, and could play and sing easy songs. Very rewarding:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 20 2009, 11:48 AM
Instructor
Nice intro Astrid, welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 20 2009, 11:50 AM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 20 2009, 12:44 PM
Instructor
Welcome Astrid!
Feel free to ask any questions you have!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 20 2009, 12:51 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Astrid !
I enjoyed reading your introduction smile.gif Feel free to ask any questions on forums or via PM.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 20 2009, 12:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Astrid, this is the best guitar community on the net, feel free to ask ANY questions, no matter how trivial you might think they are! There are always friendly people on hand to offer support and advice.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 20 2009, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 20 2009, 02:21 PM
Thank you all for this warmhearted welcome to GMC!

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 20 2009, 11:42 AM) *
Welcome Astrid! I would also advice to learn the most basic chords, like the ones from this lesson. Than You can search the internet and find chords that are used to play songs You like. I learned chords first, and could play and sing easy songs. Very rewarding:)

Cool tip! I've started out doing some strumming and arpeggios in Am, C, Em and G. (Thats as far I've come)...And alternate picking? Gosh, how can something sounding so simple be so difficult?

QUOTE (sted @ Mar 20 2009, 12:54 PM) *
... feel free to ask ANY questions, no matter how trivial you might think they are! There are always friendly people on hand to offer support and advice.

Aw! Nice to see: no matter how trivial 'cause I'm sure that many of my questions might seem off the wall to you guys...
So here goes my first:
Uhm, when I see an 'L' in the tabs, it's supposed to be tied (?), what does that mean? How is that supposed to sound?

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 20 2009, 11:23 AM) *
You're doing well then smile.gif - must have taken me at least a month to get to that stage wink.gif but then again I'm a slow learner rolleyes.gif smile.gif .

Welcome to GMC smile.gif

Oh, must add something to my statement: It hurts like hell when I play, and when I dont (after a while) I cant feel them...It's like the tips are asleep...
So, I'm probably not "there" yet...

What can I expect?
Are the sensation in the tips of the left hand supposed to "die" completely?
Oh hey - that was my second question.
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Rapitap: Mar 20 2009, 02:26 PM

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 20 2009, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the site mate!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Mar 20 2009, 07:57 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, Astrid smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 20 2009, 08:10 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site wink.gif

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Mar 20 2009, 08:16 PM
Hi Astrid, welcome to gmc smile.gif

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Mar 20 2009, 10:42 PM
Hey Astrid, welcome to GMC cool.gif

--------------------

ESP LTD Viper-100FM
Bridge - GFS Dream 90
Neck - DiMarzio DP193 Air Norton

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 20 2009, 11:13 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Astrid !

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 21 2009, 12:55 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
welcome Astrid, you picked a great place to begin your guitar journey. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 21 2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks a lot! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:35 PM