Looking For A Video Play With This Feature
fkalich
Dec 25 2010, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
I want it to be able to slow things down, listen and view it, as Windows Media Player does (up to 50% slow down) while maintaining the same pitch. Viewing it is important to me, not just the audio clip.

But I also want it to be able to set start and stop points within the clip. Say I am trying to figure out some 10 second section of something, I want to be able to mark the beginning and end of the section, and just loop though that over and over till I figure it out, so I don't have to keep manually going back to that part like 20 times with the mouse when I am trying to figure out something difficult

Oh I want it to be free. Anyone know of a player like this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Dec 25 2010, 12:55 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 25 2010, 01:01 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 24 2010, 11:53 PM) *
I want it to be able to slow things down, listen and view it, as Windows Media Player does (up to 50% slow down) while maintaining the same pitch. Viewing it is important to me, not just the audio clip.

But I also want it to be able to set start and stop points within the clip. Say I am trying to figure out some 10 second section of something, I want to be able to mark the beginning and end of the section, and just loop though that over and over till I figure it out, so I don't have to keep manually going back to that part like 20 times with the mouse when I am trying to figure out something difficult

Oh I want it to be free. Anyone know of a player like this?

aw don't know man im not a expert but i have a software that doest something like is called transcribe

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 25 2010, 05:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
http://www.ronimusic.com/

as for free ... I don't know of one, but if you find one, please post a link for others to benefit from your findings.

Merry Christmas

This post has been edited by SirJamsalot: Dec 25 2010, 05:37 AM

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 25 2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks cheap is nearly as good as free. However I don't believe this shows video. I have a free item similar to this called Best Practice, not quite as easy to work with, you have to convert some formats, Slow Downer reads them all directly.

But what I really want is one that does all that, but shows video as well. It does not have to change the Key, just do what WMV does, only also allow me to set the boundaries of the start and start spots for a loop.

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 24 2010, 10:35 PM) *
http://www.ronimusic.com/

as for free ... I don't know of one, but if you find one, please post a link for others to benefit from your findings.

Merry Christmas

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Dec 25 2010, 08:17 AM
Hi
try this videoplayer
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It does what you want. It is free, slow down, has ab loop and more.

Carmine

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 25 2010, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Dec 25 2010, 01:17 AM) *
Hi
try this videoplayer

Carmine

Thanks. I had found that, but was left with the impression that if it had the ability to set loop markers, that would require a plug in. They give a long list, and I looked at them, but it was not clear to me which might perform that function (setting loop start and stop markers within a video/song). Can you (or anyone else) give me some guidance on that?

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Dec 25 2010, 12:33 PM
Hi,
no not at all. To add the loop the only thing to do and going to the preference and att the icon A B in the control panael.
I think that is the best software around for what you need. I use always, to learn difficult passage, to slow down backing track. Actually I always use it instead of media Player just to watch or listen everything.

Nice Holiday
Carmine

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2010, 05:37 PM
Instructor
I also recommend VLC, it's a great player for anything. I used to use Media Player Classic, but this is more stable, has better default codec support, and it feels lighter.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 27 2010, 03:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
roni music has 2 software items - amazing slow downer (audio only) and Ultimate DVD Player. The Ultimate does (I think) what you want, however it is limited to the following: there is a trial version

Note: This software will playback "DVD-Video" discs, VIDEO_TS folders and VOB files only.
It currently can NOT play any other file formats such as DivX, Flash, Windows Media Video, QuickTime etc.

http://www.ronimusic.com/dvdplayer.htm

sounds like the free one mentioned in the other replies is worth a try though.

Cheers

QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 24 2010, 10:06 PM) *
Thanks cheap is nearly as good as free. However I don't believe this shows video. I have a free item similar to this called Best Practice, not quite as easy to work with, you have to convert some formats, Slow Downer reads them all directly.

But what I really want is one that does all that, but shows video as well. It does not have to change the Key, just do what WMV does, only also allow me to set the boundaries of the start and start spots for a loop.

This post has been edited by SirJamsalot: Dec 27 2010, 03:20 AM

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 27 2010, 10:40 AM

thanks all for responses. VLC looks good. I set A and B a bit differently, selecting view and then custom interface. Maybe I have a more recent release. But that is what I was looking for.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 27 2010, 03:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Dec 25 2010, 08:17 AM) *
Hi
try this videoplayer

Carmine

Wow thanks for this tip. I always used VLC but didn't know it was able to do this smile.gif))

This will be very handy smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:22 PM