2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Announcement: Mtp Competition Results!, for real this time!
Chris Evans
Feb 5 2009, 03:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Its time to reveal the winners of the MTP competition that has been running for the last few weeks, during this period Andrew and I have quietly monitored each thread and after a very long telephone conversation we finally decided who would go through to be mentored by Muris!

We both agreed that this was probably the toughest judging decision on a competition that we`ve had to make, all of you have done an excellent job with your mentorees, however we had to choose 5 winners to go through and so I dont make you suffer any longer in no particular order here are the 5 winners!

Uncleskillet Lcsdds Tolek AJMurrell Velvet Roger

Congratulations guys, the awesome prize of being mentored by Muris awaits you!

(We will organise the start of your Instructor led MTP very soon!)

Two noteable mentions during this 4 week period go to Tolek and Uncleskillet:

Uncleskillet for refusing to give Skennington a pass on playing an Fmajor chord!

this could easily have been forgiven and glossed over, but making Skennington play it was for his own development, and I`m sure Skenny will appreciate it in the long run!!

there were of course lots of excellent videos that have been made for demonstrating various things, but Toleks 30 second video to explain wrist position to make chord changing easier really stood out, it was a simple, quick explanation to help point his mentoree in the right direction!

Just two small examples, but both of these really capture what the MTP is all about, simple guidance and direction to help get the most out of the mentorees practice schedule.

In the end, the deciding factor was whether we thought the Mentors gently led and allowed the student to develop at their own pace whilst providing structure, or on the other hand got a lot more involved and actively set the pace of the student, and pushed them along.

The first approach is what we want for the MTP, the second approach certainly has it's merits but is more suited to a teacher-pupil relationship which would be a lot harder to maintain when you are guiding as many as 5 students.

Now, we understand that with such a prize on offer you were all keen to show as much as you could, and you all gave great advice, but in the end we are looking for a specific approach from Mentors in the MTP and the winners were closest to that ideal!

To Fatbot, Enforcer, Coffeeman, wrk & Vaialation1232, we are sorry that you didnt make it through this time, everyone really did a great job!
If both parties agree then we encourage you to carry on mentoring your current mentorees, we will be running another MTP competition with the chance to be mentored by another GMC instructor very soon!

Carrying on (provided both mentor & mentoree agree of course) will gain you more experience and fine tune your mentoring skills and put you in a good position for next time smile.gif

Additional info, added 05/01/2009:
After a brief chat today Andrew and I have decided that the runner ups will all get a free pass to the second round in the next MTP competition, we felt their time and effort deserved some reward and this seems like the fairest thing to do.

A huge thank you for everyones efforts, none of your hardwork has gone un noticed and its been really interesting following all of the programs! smile.gif

Congratulations again to everyone!
smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Feb 5 2009, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Feb 5 2009, 03:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Well done guys! Especially Adam!!!! I told you would make it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 5 2009, 03:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Congratulations guys, I think everyone did an awesome job. I would like to thank you for the oportunity , these 4 weeks have been awesome , I learned a lot from my mentoree , and I made a new friend in Austria. So thanks again and congratulations to thw winners.

Cheers.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2009, 03:57 PM
GMC:er
sad.gif I'm very sad that wrk didn't go through but congratulations to the others. All I can say Andy is thanks for helping me out as you've helped me understanding my poor aspects and my good aspects more than anyone else and this has given me some help to get up to that next step. You're an amazing guitar player for sure and a great teacher and like I said I appreciate greatly the work you did to help me out smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 5 2009, 04:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Congrats guys! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 5 2009, 04:09 PM
Congratulations all of you. I've really enjoyed reading all the mtp threats and follow them closely.

I wish you good luck at Muris' ninja camp.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 5 2009, 04:28 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I'd like to add to Smell's words -

We both felt rotten that we could only allow 5 through - the overall standard was incredibly high and you can all be very proud of the way you approached the program and helped out your mentorees - any of you would have been great choices to go forward, but in the end we had to apply some kind of standard to select between you sad.gif

Congrats to the winners, and heartfelt commiserations to the 5 that didnlt get through - but stay tuned for the next MTP competition, participation in this round will stand you in good stead!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 5 2009, 04:29 PM
Congratz guys, It is wonderful that I have been given the opportunity to teach Jeremy. And the greatest of all, we can continue to work together so I dont believe this is a loss, but a gain. I appreciate for the decision made, and honestly I didnt think I could be selected as I lack some technical basis to be mentored by muris. Well I'll keep doing my best either with Jer and myself.

Thats great guys, ride on...

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 5 2009, 04:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (enforcer @ Feb 5 2009, 10:29 AM) *
Congratz guys, It is wonderful that I have been given the opportunity to teach Jeremy. And the greatest of all, we can continue to work together so I dont believe this is a loss, but a gain. I appreciate for the decision made, and honestly I didnt think I could be selected as I lack some technical basis to be mentored by muris. Well I'll keep doing my best either with Jer and myself.

Thats great guys, ride on...

Can

Your a class guy Can!

Congrats to all the winners! A prize well deserved! smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 5 2009, 04:36 PM
Congratz guys, hopefully Muris won't beat ya up too bad!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 5 2009, 04:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Seriously, I didnt´expect the results so fast now... I had a bad feeling about my approach to valentino, I wanted to work a bit more with him and that´s what I´m going to do, of course. Now as an full-time mentor. smile.gif Thank you for giving me the chance to be taught by Muris, my greatest idol and biggest influence. The second prize is cool too: the work with the students. I´m really looking forward to seeing results from more than one guitarist.

Congratulations, guys! I still can´t believe our luck. smile.gif

When I get fit (I´m sick at the moment), I start working hard again. Can´t wait for it.

Cheers,
Tolek

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 5 2009, 04:43 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 5 2009, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Wow great to see results of MTP already on !

I feel happy for you guys who made it but also feel there should have been couple of more guys in there to study with Muris.
wrk (Andy) comes to my mind first... Sorry if I am leaving anyone out!

Congratulations all smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 5 2009, 04:50 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Congrat's guys, and big thank you to Jeff for pushing me over my shortcomings. smile.gif I honestly feel like this has been a win win situation for everyone involved. I think you all have done a tremendous job and to Smells and Andrew for their time also.

This program is going to be a big plus for GMC in the future! smile.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 5 2009, 04:51 PM
Instructor
Congratulations to the winners!!!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 5 2009, 04:59 PM
Congrats to all of you guys. Winners and... Well there are no losers. These guys took time out of their lives to help folks that they dont even know.

Can lives on the other side of the globe from me. But a common love for music and helping a fellow Maiden fan was enough for him to put in the time with me. And we both made a friend out of it. I've worked harder on the guitar in the last 4 weeks than I EVER have. That says something. I'm easily demotivated. Can conquered that. Not an easy task.

Now I look forward to continuing my journey on my own. Its great knowing that he's there for me as I travel the road to becoming a better guitarist.

Monte (lcdds) thanks for the tips you provided along the way too. They were very helpful as well. I know we'll be speaking again in the future.

Congrats to everyone and congrats to the folks that made this possible.

GMC = awesome.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
chast
Feb 5 2009, 05:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 5 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Wow great to see results of MTP already on !

I feel happy for you guys who made it but also feel there should have been couple of more guys in there to study with Muris.
wrk (Andy) comes to my mind first... Sorry if I am leaving anyone out!

Congratulations all smile.gif

I totally argree with Pedja here, I really wonder why wrk hasn't been chosen.
But well, it wasn't my choice and congratulations to the winners.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Feb 5 2009, 05:12 PM
Congratulations to the winners smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 5 2009, 05:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
All I can say is thanks and I will do my best to learn from Muris and to teach anybody who wants to learn. I really appreciate the predicament that Andrew and Chris were in by having to choose only 5, must have been very difficult. Congrats to everybody and I think all the Mentors did a great job!!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 5 2009, 05:25 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
All the mentors rock! This program really is something unique in the global scale:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 5 2009, 05:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
I feel honoured to have been selected to go to the final 5. Thanks so much Andrew and Chris. Biggest thanks of course go to Bondy, for great determination and effort even with a few tough weeks regarding work.

Such a shame that all 10 couldn't have gone through, I have enjoyed chatting to you all on the chat and have got to know a few of you pretty well over this four week fun filled trip smile.gif

Not sure what else to say right now, a little speachless! Well done all, and I am still very suprised to have got through.

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:24 AM