2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Guitar Day, PRS SE Torero
Jeroen
Apr 3 2014, 09:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I played it, I traded in my Ibanez RGA72tqm and went home a happy man!

Loaded with EMG's and a Floyd Rose 1000. Man, what a great day! Thanks to Sensible Jones for pointing out the PRS SE Torero. Video coming soon!
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 3 2014, 09:48 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I've been eyeing PRS Torero's for months. They seem like really awesome guitars but I haven't personally played one. Congrats! Look forward to hearing it in action.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 3 2014, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Congratulations with your new guitar! I can't begin to tell you how envious I am!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 3 2014, 10:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
nice one smile.gif thats a really nice finish on the prs.
although, I do like the LPJ as well..... les pauls are the bomb cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 3 2014, 10:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am really starting to not like all"you" right handed guitar palyers ohmy.gif
you guys get all the good stuff

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 4 2014, 07:32 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice !! It's the one Piotr uses as well, right?
Man, i was tempted a few time to get this one .. one day i will break smile.gif
Congrats on your new guitar !!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 4 2014, 07:47 AM
Learning Tone Master
Congrats for acquisition! You made a very wise choice!
I hardly wait a demo vid smile.gif Enjoy your first day with the new guitar smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 4 2014, 07:53 AM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 3 2014, 10:48 PM) *
I've been eyeing PRS Torero's for months. They seem like really awesome guitars but I haven't personally played one. Congrats! Look forward to hearing it in action.

I didn't know PRS made guitars with EMG. Sensible Jones told me about it, so I had to check it out and fell in love! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 3 2014, 11:00 PM) *
Congratulations with your new guitar! I can't begin to tell you how envious I am!

Hi Capt Cael, but you haver better guitar playing skills then me! wink.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 3 2014, 11:07 PM) *
nice one smile.gif thats a really nice finish on the prs.
although, I do like the LPJ as well..... les pauls are the bomb cool.gif

Thanks Bleez, the finish is indeed very nice and glossy.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 3 2014, 11:57 PM) *
I am really starting to not like all"you" right handed guitar palyers ohmy.gif
you guys get all the good stuff

jstcrsn, you can always learn to play right handed.... cool.gif

QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 4 2014, 08:32 AM) *
Nice !! It's the one Piotr uses as well, right?
Man, i was tempted a few time to get this one .. one day i will break smile.gif
Congrats on your new guitar !!

Hi wrk, Piotr plays this one too. I was looking for either a JacksonSlatxmgq3-6 Soloist, a PRS SE Custom 24 or the PRS SE Torero. Well, I played them and fell in love with the Torero.

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Apr 4 2014, 08:47 AM) *
Congrats for acquisition! You made a very wise choice!
I hardly wait a demo vid smile.gif Enjoy your first day with the new guitar smile.gif

Thanks Monica, I will record a vid very soon! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 4 2014, 08:27 AM
Instructor
Hey Jeroen! Congratulations and welcome to the family mate biggrin.gif

Lookie here what I got - the one near the Ibanez JEM, is the PRS Sanatan SE - BY FAR, the best SE I played so far...

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 4 2014, 08:28 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 4 2014, 08:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
That is a nice prs! Don't ever recall seeing emg's on prs. Looks very metal. Bet it sounds great.

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 4 2014, 08:45 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 4 2014, 09:27 AM) *
Hey Jeroen! Congratulations and welcome to the family mate biggrin.gif

Lookie here what I got - the one near the Ibanez JEM, is the PRS Sanatan SE - BY FAR, the best SE I played so far...

I'm glad I joined the PRS family. Nice line of guitars you have!! Isn't it hard to choose which one to play? Or do you have one favourite you play all the time?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 4 2014, 11:20 AM
Instructor
No I see Your sleepless nights caused by new toy biggrin.gif Congarts on Your new purchase. Let it surve You well! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 4 2014, 12:22 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 4 2014, 12:20 PM) *
No I see Your sleepless nights caused by new toy biggrin.gif Congarts on Your new purchase. Let it surve You well! smile.gif

smile.gif My mind is at ease now. Can sleep again if there wouldn't be songs, licks and lessons ringing in my head.. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 01:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 4 2014, 08:53 AM) *
Hi Capt Cael, but you haver better guitar playing skills then me! wink.gif

No way, man. I've seen and heard you play! And with your new guitar probably comes new inspiration and motivation. You'll be Guthrie Petruccivai in no time!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2014, 04:09 PM
GMC:er
Glad you took my advice mate and super happy that you're liking your new instrument!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 4 2014, 07:27 AM) *

Cos, is that a Santana MKI or is it the MKII?
I'm seriously toying with the idea of acquiring one!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 05:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
The more I look at it, the more envious I am! Even though I'm not a fan of red!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 4 2014, 08:40 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2014, 02:28 PM) *
No way, man. I've seen and heard you play! And with your new guitar probably comes new inspiration and motivation. You'll be Guthrie Petruccivai in no time!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2014, 06:06 PM) *
The more I look at it, the more envious I am! Even though I'm not a fan of red!

Hahaha, I'll record a vid soon so you can hear it in action smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 4 2014, 11:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 4 2014, 07:53 AM) *
jstcrsn, you can always learn to play right handed....

I am right handed and had to switch , due to an injury

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 5 2014, 12:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
so after having it for a day whats your overall imressions? after seeing your new guitar i just watched some you tube reviews and bunch of user and pro reviews. it got great reviews and looks sweet! i was looking to buy a used schecter blackjack with emgs for awhile now, and these two guiatrs look very similar, but really i think your prs looks way better. biggrin.gif. dont mean to bite your style but i couldnt help it i called sam ash in my town and they got one in blue laugh.gif. think im gonna go check it out tomorrow. what you think after a day with it?

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 5 2014, 08:37 AM
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Apr 5 2014, 01:38 AM) *
so after having it for a day whats your overall imressions? after seeing your new guitar i just watched some you tube reviews and bunch of user and pro reviews. it got great reviews and looks sweet! i was looking to buy a used schecter blackjack with emgs for awhile now, and these two guiatrs look very similar, but really i think your prs looks way better. biggrin.gif. dont mean to bite your style but i couldnt help it i called sam ash in my town and they got one in blue laugh.gif. think im gonna go check it out tomorrow. what you think after a day with it?

Hi dcz702.

My overall impression is very good:

Sound: it sounds awesome. If you like the sound of EMG pickups, than this one is perfect. I noticed that when you roll the volume back it cleans up pretty good, I actually didn't expect that. You can get really nice clear cleans. If you combine that sound with some fx like reverb and delay it sounds so beaytifull (at least to my ears).
The distorted sound gives you that distinctive EMG sound. Perfect for rock, metal, thrash etc.

Action & Finish: I had this one set up by a really good guitar tech. It plays absolutely amazing. My fingers fly across the fretboard like never before, because of the low action. The finish is nice high gloss.

The Floyd Rose 1000 is really different then all other trems I had before. This one stays in tune!! smile.gif

If I had to rate it I would give it a 9 out of 10 just because it has no bird inlays on the neck!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:19 PM