Vibrating Sound, It's irritating me
Leviathan
Mar 29 2007, 03:57 AM
GMC:er
HEy guys i've got an IBanez Iceman H.r. giger (if that helps) and on my low E string it keeps buzzin at the 3rd and fourth fret any help.. i've tried raising the string (cause there's this place where you can screw left and it raises one side of the strings) that works but my E string is to high... sorry about not knowing what everything is called i've been teaching myself guitar and didn't really get in depth with the parts.... (that's why i joined GMC today) any help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
blindwillie
Mar 29 2007, 08:43 AM
Since I'm a beginner I'm sure someone more experienced than me can answer this better, but I'll give it a try.
My guess is that this is because the neck got the wrong curve. There is a bolt through the neck that adjust the tension in the neck and compensates for the strings tensions. The strings actually bends the neck when you tune the strings. If you dont know how to do this, let a guitar technician do this for you. Find a good musicstore. So in short, let a music store set up your guitar right. Shouldn't be that expensive.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Leviathan
Mar 29 2007, 01:08 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Mar 29 2007, 03:43 AM) *
Since I'm a beginner I'm sure someone more experienced than me can answer this better, but I'll give it a try.
My guess is that this is because the neck got the wrong curve. There is a bolt through the neck that adjust the tension in the neck and compensates for the strings tensions. The strings actually bends the neck when you tune the strings. If you dont know how to do this, let a guitar technician do this for you. Find a good musicstore. So in short, let a music store set up your guitar right. Shouldn't be that expensive.

One problem this what my guitar looks like http://sjl-static3.sjl.youtube.com/vi/rgw0rrnF5jg/2.jpg there is no neck screw sad.gif

+Quote Post
Leviathan
Mar 29 2007, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (Leviathan @ Mar 29 2007, 08:08 AM) *
One problem this what my guitar looks like http://sjl-static3.sjl.youtube.com/vi/rgw0rrnF5jg/2.jpg there is no neck screw sad.gif

Sorry i meant my high E string... the little one..

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Apr 1 2007, 02:18 AM
QUOTE (Leviathan @ Mar 29 2007, 02:08 PM) *

I'm pretty sure he was talking about a truss rod.......just take it to a good guitar store, ask for a set up, and you're set to go

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Apr 3 2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah sounds like a bit of a curve in the neck. Do what this guy said! ^^^

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Leviathan
Apr 3 2007, 02:00 PM
QUOTE (Zee Deveel @ Apr 3 2007, 05:54 AM) *
Yeah sounds like a bit of a curve in the neck. Do what this guy said! ^^^

But it's not all the strings it's just the little E string and on the second and third frets..

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 3 2007, 02:32 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Leviathan @ Apr 3 2007, 09:00 AM) *
But it's not all the strings it's just the little E string and on the second and third frets..

Well whether its the neck relief or not, a good guitar tech will diagnose and fix it for you ... could be a combination of the action height AND the neck relief for instance. Point is, its hard to diagnose without experience, and none of us can actually see it to help you, so take it to someone who can check it out for you smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
n0x
Apr 4 2007, 02:05 AM
This may sound very simple but... This 'Vibrating Sound' you are experiencing could also be because that certain part of the string is rusted (dirt/oxidization), the that area on the finger board could be dirty or the frets are dirty. Change ur strings and clean up ur fretboard, this COULD fix ur problem if there is no neck curvature.

This happens to me very often

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 4 2007, 08:32 AM
Truss rod. Yes, that's the name of it smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:13 PM