2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Formula 1 Championship 2008
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 01:44 AM
GMC:er
When I watched the race earlier I couldn't stop laughing when Ferrari were celebrating and they hadn't realised Hamilton was champion biggrin.gif Incredible race it was and Britain has another world champion racing driver finally even after being screwed over all year.

Youngest ever champion and thoroughly deserved it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Nov 3 2008, 01:48 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 3 2008, 02:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
You see this is exactly why I don't like watching sport. That last 30 or so seconds was SO painful to watch! Obviously routing for Hamilton to win. But after Vettel took 5th place from him within the last few corners, my entire body went incredibly tense.

I always get like that watching sport, and I'm really not that "into" any sport but yet I manage to work myself up so much when I'm routing for someone or a team.

Like international football, I couldn't care less about England yet when I watch an international match - I feel like I've been slapped around a good amount by the end of it! So don't hurt me, but I was genuinely quite relieved we didn't make the euro's! heh.

Must admit though, this season has really got me into Formula 1. Really gripping to watch.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
N4085B
Nov 3 2008, 03:12 AM
I LOVE F1!!! Unfortunately here in the states it is eclipesed by nascar and indy. We do get to see it (delayed usually) on SPEED tv but its usually on at some absurd hour. Congrats to Hamilton for pulling it off! Well Done! Hell, I can't even remember what I was doing when I was 23...chasing girls/drinking...I think?!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 3 2008, 03:58 AM
Instructor
Timo Glock probably got 5 million for letting Hamilton go. I am sure they told him through the radio to let him. Nobody sober would give 4th place 2 corners before the end of the race and on the last race of the championship.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 3 2008, 04:14 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 3 2008, 02:58 AM) *
Timo Glock probably got 5 million for letting Hamilton go. I am sure they told him through the radio to let him. Nobody sober would give 4th place 2 corners before the end of the race and on the last race of the championship.

It did look suspicious that Glock lost control on the last two corners. I do hope it was legit. I just watched some youtube coverage because I completely missed that overtake on the live coverage - I thought it was one of the lapped cars! It does look to me like Glock was struggling to keep control with the dry tires when he was overtaken.

...But then I have only started watching F1 this year so hardly an educated opinion!

One things for sure, the crowd weren't best pleased!

Also such a shame Coulthard was taken out on his last F1 circuit.

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Nov 3 2008, 04:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 3 2008, 04:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Nov 3 2008, 03:14 AM) *
It did look suspicious that Glock lost control on the last two corners. I do hope it was legit. I just watched some youtube coverage because I completely missed that overtake on the live coverage - I thought it was one of the lapped cars! It does look to me like Glock was struggling to keep control with the dry tires when he was overtaken.

...But then I have only started watching F1 this year so hardly an educated opinion!

One things for sure, the crowd weren't best pleased!

Also such a shame Coulthard was taken out on his last F1 circuit.

F1 is my favourite sport and I know everything about it. Trust me these things don't happen just like that. Glock had good control 2 laps before and his car was ok. I could clearly see that he moved on the side to let both Vettel and Hamilton go.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 3 2008, 04:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 3 2008, 03:16 AM) *
F1 is my favourite sport and I know everything about it. Trust me these things don't happen just like that. Glock had good control 2 laps before and his car was ok. I could clearly see that he moved on the side to let both Vettel and Hamilton go.

I'm certainly getting more and more interested in F1 smile.gif

Is it true Glock might be moving to McLaren for next season?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 3 2008, 04:38 AM
Instructor
Today I heard that Kovalainen will stay more. Not sure about Glock

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Bondy
Nov 3 2008, 07:43 AM
Learning Roadie
I think to be fair Hamilton deserved the Championship, he had some extremely bad stewards decisions earlier in the year and he would have won the title a few races ago.So well done Lewis and bad luck to Massa he drove a great race it makes a change for England to have some luck maybe it will rub of on the Football team LOL

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 09:20 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 3 2008, 02:58 AM) *

To be fair though emir even if glock did slow on purpose its only what raikkenen did in china for massa.

Glock could have slowed down that much as it started bucketing it down on last lap which would lose him a significant amount of time.

Also if he did slow down and got paid that is highly illegal and would they really risk that?

Hamilton has been screwed over with decisions and would have won long ago.

This will be great for britain as it will inspire lots of kids to be like lewis.

Also Trulli who stayed on dry tyres had a similar lap time to Glock on the final lap.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Nov 3 2008, 11:06 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 3 2008, 09:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Aye congratulations to Hamilton throughly deserved Champion.

Thought he'd lost it though towards the end I was cursing at the telly wink.gif .

Why can't the English win easily but have to put us through that? Must be something fragile about our psyche huh.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 3 2008, 01:17 PM
I can see most people from UK simply don't look on the other side of the coin, so let me give a perspective from a brazilian:
Wwwwhhhhhyyy soooo clooosee?? wacko.gif

I'd rather hamilton had a good race and were on 2nd 3rd place throughout the race than this suffering in the end. dry.gif

Massa did it all his job right and the rain (or maybe glock) took it out of him! Brazil would have gone crazy after so many years! (last champion was Senna)

About Hamilton being screwed in the beginning of the season, just remind that if it were not for the childish mistake of Ferrari in Singapore (letting the car go out while still connected to the tank), Massa would be the champion now. So Formula 1 is a lot about that. No one can complain. It is team work and sometimes also lucky

It's not that Hamilton does not deserve a championship, it's that Massa also does deserve it.

By the way, Massa is becoming unbeatable in Interlagos. cool.gif He would have won 3 years in a row if it was not for the team work last year.

This post has been edited by Gus: Nov 3 2008, 01:20 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 01:34 PM
I think Massa will win the championship some day. Without a doubt he will but it was Hamilton's year this year for sure in my opinion. I reckon Alonso might win next season if they continue to improve his car like they did towards the end of this season.

I really dislike the Brazilians who were there booing Hamilton also when he won. There is no need for that whatsoever. It was stupid. Why can't they just understand Hamilton out raced Massa over the season and deserved it. He had earned the lead going into the final race so didn't have to push in the final race. He may well win next year also if he gets rid of mistakes like in the Japanese grand prix and the points deducted in Belgium also.

I've been watching footage of the Ferrari team celebrating victory all day only to realise they had lost. It makes me uncontrolably laugh as Ferrari + the FIA couldn't beat one British superstar biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 3 2008, 01:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
My Dad works for Shell and has been saying how many emails have been flying around the office in support for Ferrari over Hamilton from the U.S. top heads, ignoring that a lot of the UK employee's might have a slight favour for Hamilton biggrin.gif

Ferrari won the Constructor's award however so I'm sure they're delighted about that.

I haven't been to Waterloo for quite some time now so not sure if it's still there, but it was cool to have that Ferrari F1 car in the lobby to your office smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm a huge McClaren fan and Hamilton fan. They get decisions going against them every year and it just hopefully proves to Ferrari that they can't buy the championship no matter how much they give to the FIA. I'm ecstatic. I was screaming at the TV and when I saw the rain coming down heavy I knew Glock would be going slow. I think McClaren knew they could catch Glock when they brought Hamilton in but it couldn't have been much closer. Hamilton can hopefully go on from here and equal records held by the greats.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 3 2008, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 3 2008, 01:34 PM) *
I really dislike the Brazilians who were there booing Hamilton also when he won. There is no need for that whatsoever. It was stupid.

Most people in Brazil believe Glock did let Hamilton going through. That´s main reason. If he was 2nd throughout the race no one would have booed him.

In general, people in Brazil like Hamilton, but probably he lost lots of fans there with this event...

By the way we also did not like that Raikkonen won the GP last year. We'd prefer Massa winning, even though that would have given the championship to Hamilton. In some countries Formula 1 is about teams, but in brazil it is about the pilots.

This post has been edited by Gus: Nov 3 2008, 02:04 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 3 2008, 01:02 PM) *
Most people in Brazil believe Glock did let Hamilton going through. That´s main reason. If he was 2nd throughout the race no one would have booed him.

In general, people in Brazil like Hamilton, but probably he lost lots of fans there with this event...

By the way we also did not like that Raikkonen won the GP last year. We'd prefer Massa winning, even though that would have given the championship to Hamilton. In some countries Formula 1 is about teams, but in brazil it is about the pilots.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7705641.stm

First Glock interview afterwards.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Nov 3 2008, 02:41 PM
Ok i dont know anything about F1, but i did see that, because my father watches it alot. biggrin.gif I cant give any opinions since i dont know anything about F1

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 02:45 PM
Apparently over 13 million people watched the race in the UK.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Nov 3 2008, 02:47 PM
Wow. biggrin.gif Thats alot

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:28 AM