> Quick Licks #91 - One Handed Shreddding Hammer On / Pull Offs
Todd Simpson
post Aug 3 2019, 10:12 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

In this quick licks we use our LEFT HAND ONLY to create a speedy Hammer on / Pull of Lick. You can use any sort of mute that you like. I'm using the cross over method, which looks flashy but is really just the same as using a fret wrap. You can mute at the bridge too if you like. Whatever works for you. The key here is to NOT PICK at all. To just use the power of your fingers to Hammer on and pull off. You may need to add a bit more gain than usual for this one. That's perfectly fine ) If you can't play this lick at all, then you are only about half a player at this point. Ideally the left hand should be strong enough to make the PICK a tone choice, not a required method of striking. For some folks, this type of lick seems IMPOSSIBLE. Rest assured, it's not impossible. Just takes a pinch of effort smile.gif

Attached File  91.gp5 ( 2.02K ) Number of downloads: 7356

Attached Image

Don't let this lick throw you off. Anyone can play this and play it at speed with a bit of repetition.

Todd
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 18 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

ONETABMAT

KILLED IT!!! This is what I was hoping to see. It looks like you may be the only one to attempt it. I'm glad to see you are not thrown off by the crazy one handed bits!! your timing is good, your muting is good. Everything about it is good. This is why you are are highest ranking GMCer ever in QUICK LICKS. Another shot, another win. SCORE!!!!

*You retain the STAR OF HONOR as the HIGHEST RANKING GMCer EVER.

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 09:01 PM