3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
E-mail virus warning
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2007, 09:27 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Nov 30 2007, 04:53 AM) *
Hey, I was just kidding. I wasn't making fun of you for clicking on an email with a name that screams virus. Really, I wasn't biggrin.gif

You wouldn't really use your moderater powers for evil would you unsure.gif

Of course he wouldn't - we are watching him! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Nov 30 2007, 09:40 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 30 2007, 05:27 PM) *
Of course he wouldn't - we are watching him! tongue.gif

And who watches the watchers? hmmm huh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2007, 09:58 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Nov 30 2007, 09:40 AM) *
And who watches the watchers? hmmm huh.gif laugh.gif

You are!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 30 2007, 10:07 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 30 2007, 08:58 AM) *
You are!

hmmm i see some GMC conspiracy theories emerging....

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2007, 10:16 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Nov 30 2007, 10:07 AM) *
hmmm i see some GMC conspiracy theories emerging....

You too are! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 30 2007, 10:17 AM
DON'T ASK QUESTIONS GMC!!!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2007, 10:22 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 30 2007, 10:17 AM) *
DON'T ASK QUESTIONS GMC!!!

When did you take that photo of me??

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 30 2007, 10:24 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 30 2007, 04:45 AM) *
Hey guys, did i mention i have Moderator Powers now smile.gif

And moderator friends to run his dirty errands for him, like moderating personal friends, family etc.
cool.gif

VinceG btw, you've got mail now, subject says "Your life is beautiful" and it's got a GMC gift certificate inside, no make that TEN gift certificates... only for you only today so hurry *nods convincingly*

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 30 2007, 10:26 AM
Say No to Tyranny! I will never answer that question

muhahahahaha

I gots it on the internetz. Sorry Kris.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2007, 10:27 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 30 2007, 10:26 AM) *
I gots it on the internetz. Sorry Kris.

Aw! And I wanted to be the first to announce my new look! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 30 2007, 10:28 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 30 2007, 02:24 PM) *
And moderator friends to run his dirty errands for him, like moderating personal friends, family etc.
cool.gif

VinceG btw, you've got mail now, subject says "Your life is beautiful" and it's got a GMC gift certificate inside, no make that TEN gift certificates... only for you only today so hurry *nods convincingly*

I got one from Apple... there greeting me and while slowly etching "Buy new Mac today"

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 30 2007, 10:28 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 30 2007, 09:24 AM) *

Can you send me one ?! smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 30 2007, 11:58 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sorry to hear it Uncreator and hope you manage to get all your files back. Deleted files generally aren't wiped off the hard disc btw - deletion usually just sets the MBR to allow them to be overwritten at some future stage - so you might be able to recover them. Usually full deletion requires a low level pass that writes 0s across the file.

Generally for all of us - virus guards are not infallible. If you can use a cheap, basic, old pc to connect to the internet for email and browsing and keep all your files, games, music and so on on your proper pc separate from the cheapo one. Surfing doesn't require much in the way of processing power nor does it need a 3d graphics card etc. You can then scan for viruses etc on the cheapo one and if you go down its a minimal install to get firefox/ie/opera back. Only transfer files that you know are safe between the two.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 30 2007, 12:04 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 30 2007, 10:58 AM) *
Sorry to hear it Uncreator and hope you manage to get all your files back. Deleted files generally aren't wiped off the hard disc btw - deletion usually just sets the MBR to allow them to be overwritten at some future stage - so you might be able to recover them. Usually full deletion requires a low level pass that writes 0s across the file.

Generally for all of us - virus guards are not infallible. If you can use a cheap, basic, old pc to connect to the internet for email and browsing and keep all your files, games, music and so on on your proper pc separate from the cheapo one. Surfing doesn't require much in the way of processing power nor does it need a 3d graphics card etc. You can then scan for viruses etc on the cheapo one and if you go down its a minimal install to get firefox/ie/opera back. Only transfer files that you know are safe between the two.

Cheers,
Tony

Hmm, good advice, was thinking about getting a cheapo laptop for exactly that reason, far too many re installs in the past! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 30 2007, 12:08 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I guess ill let you guys poke fun at me, its all right.

Oh by the way, did i mention im buying a $750 Dean Schenker V For only $200? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 30 2007, 12:14 PM
Nice on the Dean Uncreator smile.gif .

It is a pity that some have been making jokes about the problem though. I guess they're trying to make you smile rather then being intentionally cruel.

Cheers
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 30 2007, 12:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 30 2007, 03:14 AM) *

It is a pity that some have been making jokes about the problem though. I guess they're trying to make you smile rather then being intentionally cruel.

Cheers
Tony

Yeah i know, im not mad or anything, im just messin' with em'. smile.gif

Im just using my awesome deal on the dean to try and make them feel jealous rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 30 2007, 12:23 PM
Should work - certainly makes me jealous biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 30 2007, 01:36 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 30 2007, 06:14 AM) *

Wow, didn't realize that Dean have made an artist model for you Brett - the "Dean Uncreator" Tony is talking about sounds cool laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 30 2007, 01:49 PM
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:46 AM