Star Spangled Banner For July 4th!
Bear Rose
Jul 3 2011, 04:08 AM
Beginner Instructor
Hey everyone,

I was invited to play the Star Spangled Banner (USA's National Anthem) last night for a demolition derby in my hometown. Got a buddy to video it.

Enjoy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gary
Jul 3 2011, 04:54 AM
GMC:er
Very good!! I really enjoyed that wink.gif

Cheers!
Gary

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2011, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Very cool, Bear.. loved the added keyboard chords and ad libbing at the end ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 3 2011, 09:52 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Heheh cool performance! It must be an interesting experience to perform the national anthem on such event.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jul 3 2011, 03:44 PM
Beginner Instructor
Thanks guys!

It was an incredible experience. Even though it wasn't actually on our independence day, it was for the festivities for the weekend.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 3 2011, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bear Rose @ Jul 3 2011, 04:08 AM) *
Hey everyone,

I was invited to play the Star Spangled Banner (USA's National Anthem) last night for a demolition derby in my hometown. Got a buddy to video it.

Enjoy!

great job
the sad part is, is how many american will get the words wrong while they are singing it this weekend

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Very nice version! I like your tone and the keyboard in the backing You played it with a great feeling! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jul 3 2011, 08:03 PM
Instructor
Great version Bear!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 3 2011, 09:04 PM
Instructor
Almost like Hendrix, well done! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 3 2011, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Nice played smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Jul 3 2011, 10:41 PM
GMC:er
That was pleasant to listen to biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jul 4 2011, 03:00 AM
Beginner Instructor
Thanks guys!

I tried to pay tribute to hendrix, but his version can never be topped. I thought I was fairly close, but then I went back and listened to his version.....absolute masterpiece!

+Quote Post
Blister
Jul 4 2011, 03:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Way to go, Bear!!! smile.gif Nice job! I really enjoyed that! Happy 4th! I always loved watching demolition derbys on TV but never saw one in person. I guess that is something I need to do.

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 4 2011, 03:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Awesome job! I'm going to check out Hendrix's version now. biggrin.gif Never heard it.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 4 2011, 10:29 AM
Instructor
the ending was really good! Loved it!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jul 4 2011, 03:51 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 3 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Awesome job! I'm going to check out Hendrix's version now. biggrin.gif Never heard it.

Then you are certainly in for a treat!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2011, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Very nice mate! It sounds like some bagpipe ensemble sometimes, somehow biggrin.gif but that's a good thing, I LOVE bagpipes!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jul 4 2011, 05:07 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 4 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Very nice mate! It sounds like some bagpipe ensemble sometimes, somehow biggrin.gif but that's a good thing, I LOVE bagpipes!

Haha, yeah I guess it does kinda sound like that. Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:04 AM