> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

143 Pages V  « < 141 142 143  
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Jun 21 2021, 05:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 21 2021, 04:34 PM) *
Regarding your second post, here I'm sharing the lick that the GP is lacking. However, there must be something wrong before it because if you listen to the solo, the 14th longer note at 01:04 is the first note of the measure, while in the tabs there are two notes before it. This makes imposible to add this lick there:

[attachment=52280:tab.jpg]

Does it make sense? You need to discover what generated this. There must be a problem in any previous measure.

Sorry Gab,

I can't find the error. you said "there must be a problem in ANY previous measure", I've gone through them ALL and except for the missing lick, it all matches. I haven't had any playing practise tonight, I've played the lesson video over and over and over, I looked at the GP TAB while the video is playing and count 1,2,3,4 all the way through it to find out where the error is. I've played it really slowly and counted how many notes there are and they match the TAB to my ears. I don't get it, sorry sad.gif I don't really know what you mean when you say "You need to discover what generated this." I am very frustrated tonight sad.gif

Should these two notes be in the previous bar? I'm sure that they are actually played but my brain is addled now.

My tab for the missing lick was very close to yours. Isn't the very first note a grace note at the 12th fret though? I am 99% sure it is there. Apart from that grace note, our TAB for the missing link is the same, obviously, my note values are incorrect but that is too advanced for me.

Hi Phil! It was a great decision to get that tuner. Based on this video, it's really helping you to make your bending more consistent. I strongly recommend you to keep on practicing this every day. You don't need to dedicate 30 minutes, but it's important to do it on a daily basic.

You are reaching the pitches perfectly in this video, congrats!! smile.gif

I do sometimes do that exercise at home as my Boss TU-3 is permanently set up in line and on my desk but for some reason I seemed to have more hearing clarity at my holiday home. The Snark will stay at my holiday home but I will use the TU-3 daily. I think I'll stick to whole tone bends for a while rather than trying different intervals. Also I'll only be using fixed or decked bridge guitars for the bending practise, my Jazzmaster and my SRV Strat just to keep some consistency wink.gif

Because of trying to find that error in the GP file I only had five minutes with my hands on the guitar. In the first couple of minutes, every whole tone bend was within a couple of LEDs on my Boss tuner, after that I started to go more out.

And thanks for the podcast, I'll give it a try. It's nice to hear masters like him talking about music.

I haven't listened to it all yet, there are a few episodes. It has been interesting though so far. Enjoy.

Nos hablamos amigo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 21 2021, 08:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2021, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Yes, that's the part that I'm talking about. I've re-checked the whole tab and the problem starts here:

Attached Image

This is at 1:00 in the main video. These two notes should be in the following measure, and these means that the measure in which these are is not right. Writing blues tabs is the trickier thing since there is a lot of rhythm variations in phrases, and it tends to have a jam feel. It always takes me much more time to tab this stuff than shredding.

Also, in this case, I would have tabbed this lesson using 12/8 meter.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 22 2021, 08:48 PM
Wow Gab, you have an amazing ear my friend ohmy.gif

Again tonight I have been studying this lesson very hard, no playing sad.gif and in order for me to hear that the longer 14th fret note is play on the first beat of a bar I had to create this.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/lesson-track-bar-11-beat-3-to14-slow

After setting it up in Reaper, the note shown below hits on beat 1 in measure 13 imho.

So where do we go from here? Do I just learn it by listening? I certainly don't know how to adjust GP to make it correct, if you find it tricky then I might as well study quantum physics, you are up there with Satriani in my opinion and if it's tricky for you then I haven't got a chance.

These past two nights have destroyed my mojo for this lesson to be honest, (see PM) no doubt I can get it back but it's knocked the wind out of my sails.

Did you read the rest of my post above your reply?

No hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! How are you?

Good job with the last part. You are playing it right!!

Here I fixed the guitar pro file: (It's also replaced in the lesson, thanks for the report and for your fixes as well!)

Attached File  poor_man_blues_solo_fix.gp ( 13.01K ) Number of downloads: 0

Check it out and let me know if you find it right now.

From what I can hear, you could learn the whole thing very well, so now it's time for practice until you can increase tempo, and add some (or all the details that Ivan plays in the main video).

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 04:07 PM
Hola Gab,

I'm on it buddy. So do you agree that that is a grace note at 1:06?

I will try to add as many ornaments/details as I can, I am getting better at the muted hybrid picking but still very inconsistent.

I thinking about trying to learn my next lesson just by using the main video and only using the TAB when I get stuck. What do you think?

I still like my idea about "Gab's puzzle box" too, I can see that having a fun element for ear training as it isn't just working on intervals like conventional ear training and could be technique/ornaments too wink.gif

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Yesterday, 04:11 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 23 2021, 12:07 PM) *
Hola Gab,

I'm on it buddy. So do you agree that that is a grace note at 1:06?

No, I don't hear any other thing than the notes that I've tabbed in the GP file.

I thinking about trying to learn my next lesson just by using the main video and only using the TAB when I get stuck. What do you think?

That's always helpful. Being a cassette pre-internet guy made me train a lot my ear by trying to hear what were my favorite guitarists playing.

I still like my idea about "Gab's puzzle box" too, I can see that having a fun element for ear training as it isn't just working on intervals like conventional ear training and could be technique/ornaments too wink.gif

Yes! that's a cool idea. I save all the ideas that you share and use them when I feel it's time for it. For example, there is a lot in my new courses that was inspired by your (and other GMCers) suggestions and ideas.

So keep these ideas coming! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 23 2021, 04:15 PM) *
No, I don't hear any other thing than the notes that I've tabbed in the GP file.

To be honest I didn't hear it BUT if you watch very closely at that point in the freeze frame (1:00) you can see he frets the 12th fret, THEN when you know that, you can hear the very quick grace note unless seeing that causes an auditory illusion smile.gif

Saludos

That's always helpful. Being a cassette pre-internet guy made me train a lot my ear by trying to hear what were my favorite guitarists playing.

I'll try that next time wink.gif

So keep these ideas coming! biggrin.gif

I'll keep my thinking head on wink.gif

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Yesterday, 06:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Yes, I can see what you mean. He quits the finger to mute the note, to then play it again, but he picks the note when the finger is pressing the 14th fret again. As there is no previous sound to that note, there is not a grace note happening there.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 06:42 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 23 2021, 06:14 PM) *
Yes, I can see what you mean. He quits the finger to mute the note, to then play it again, but he picks the note when the finger is pressing the 14th fret again. As there is no previous sound to that note, there is not a grace note happening there.

Thank buddy, one less thing to think about, auditory illusions eh, bane of my life laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 06:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 23 2021, 02:42 PM) *
Thank buddy, one less thing to think about, auditory illusions eh, bane of my life laugh.gif

hahaha laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Hola Gab,

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks for sorting the TAB out buddy, nice one wink.gif Below is a picture of happy grubby groovy fingers.

I've had a great session tonight, finally I can get on with the lesson with no distractions and what a beautiful lesson it is.

One thing I don't get, I have a set of D'Addario BALANCED 10s on my SRV Strat but it still feels like I have to push the high E up a lot more than the others to bend a full tone, I don't think it's just feeling harder because of the thinner string but i may be wrong.

On the bending, I did 10 A to B bends in a row tonight that were all within 2cents, then I started to go off but my bending is definitely improving and quickly for some reason, self-belief maybe??????? I posted here and for some reason I thought, "hmmmm, maybe I can do it"

Also, I may have confused you, that last SoundCloud wasn't me playing and slowing it down, it was an MP3 I made from the video and slowed down to try to recognise where the notes were incorrect in the bar.

Saludos

Onward and upward biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Today, 06:46 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Today, 06:00 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice to know that you've enjoyed your guitar session!! Those fingers speak by themselves. biggrin.gif

Regarding the string gauge and your Strat, yes, some guitars feel tougher than others. I don't have the knowledge but maybe a luthier can explain why this happens. Maybe you can try 9s on that one?

And yes, I was confused with the soundcloud audio! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Today, 06:48 PM
Hola Gab

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 24 2021, 06:00 PM) *
Regarding the string gauge and your Strat, yes, some guitars feel tougher than others. I don't have the knowledge but maybe a luthier can explain why this happens. Maybe you can try 9s on that one?

Here's what D'Addario say about the D'Addario XL110BT Nickel Wound Regular Light Guitar Strings:
D'Addario EXL110BT Balanced Tension electric guitar sets are comprised of mathematically optimized string gauge combinations, resulting in greater control and playing comfort. Combined with the distinctive bright tone of XL nickel wound strings, each set offers greater dynamic control and a more consistent feel between strings for evenly balanced bending, strumming, fretting, picking, and plucking.

XL Nickel Wound, D'Addario's most popular electric guitar strings, are precision wound with nickel-plated steel onto a carefully drawn, hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core. The result, strings with long lasting, distinctive bright tone and excellent intonation, is ideal for the widest variety of guitars and musical styles.

Key Features
Balanced Tension sets allow for evenly balanced bending, strumming, fretting, picking, and plucking.

I can't say that the bending is balanced laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Today, 07:02 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Today, 08:31 PM
Hola Gab,

Further to the above, I've had a look at the songwriting course and had a go at working out the chords in G major, (I think it might be good to explain, maybe in the text or as a video subtitle, that basic triads are R 3rd 5th from wherever you are creating the chord from within the scale).

Here are my results.

Key of G:

G A B C D E F#

i G
ii Am
iii Bm
iv C
v D
vi Em
vii Am6

I was, and still am, confused with the vii chord. After getting the Am6 ( I used THIS site to recognise the unfamiliar chords which gave me THIS ) I then Googled “What is the vii chord in G major?” it showed THIS at the top of the search results. That makes more sense as it is at least called some kind of F# chord.

Basic chord progression: G C D (i iv v)

I think I'll work on a few more of these but only in small chunks, it's a HUGE subject wink.gif

Please explain the vii chord in G major but do it as though you're telling a five year old wink.gif

Gracias amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

143 Pages V  « < 141 142 143
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2021 - 11:04 PM