13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Improvisation Course I, Modules 1 & 2
fzalfa
Sep 14 2015, 05:02 PM
Learning Roadie
i do not more take with this BT, i think have record near 16H on my HD, i do not do something better or dfiferent, This nice BT do not inspire me to play cool, this BT say -"play hard !!"

withouy joke, i cannot do more, this is my last take for this BT, i'm sorry for erros, but i'm really druged today, i had my second injection in my knee and to void fear (yes i fear needles) i take some strong stuff (ordoned by the doctor of course).
then i can be injected without fight any people. (this is a small needle, 2cc of hyualuronic acid...)

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/tapedeck-2-sep-14-17-21-05

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 14 2015, 09:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
my attempt is here, took me a while to do even this short one ....
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/impro20150914

Petr

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 15 2015, 11:26 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Gab!

You can find my take in my progress thread!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 15 2015, 11:42 AM
Learning Roadie
nice mad & petr !

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Sep 15 2015, 11:42 AM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2015, 02:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 14 2015, 01:02 PM) *
i do not more take with this BT, i think have record near 16H on my HD, i do not do something better or dfiferent, This nice BT do not inspire me to play cool, this BT say -"play hard !!"

withouy joke, i cannot do more, this is my last take for this BT, i'm sorry for erros, but i'm really druged today, i had my second injection in my knee and to void fear (yes i fear needles) i take some strong stuff (ordoned by the doctor of course).
then i can be injected without fight any people. (this is a small needle, 2cc of hyualuronic acid...)

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/tapedeck-2-sep-14-17-21-05

Laurent

Awesome Laurent! I notice important improvements on this one. You are playing catchy melodies, and the overall solo has a clear structure that evolves naturally with the pass of the track. I consider this 10 days of practice as a win for you! Please remember to continue exploring on this mode melodic direction, and using faster parts to connect melodies not as the main thing, unless you are at the solo section.

Today I'll share an update on this course. wink.gif

QUOTE (petr @ Sep 14 2015, 05:02 PM) *
Hi Gab,
my attempt is here, took me a while to do even this short one ....
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/impro20150914

Petr

Excellent work Petr!! This is exactly what I expected from the students that are starting to get familiar with this elements. Following the chords with a few notes to experiment with the scale, arpeggios and start to incorporate the different sounds that you can get. Keep on working like this! smile.gif

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 15 2015, 07:26 AM) *
Hey Gab!

You can find my take in my progress thread!

Nice melody Mad! This could be a Satriani's song!

It's good to see that you worked hard to get a catchy melody, it's not the main purpose of the first week but it's the main goal of this course so you have reached a higher level, congrats! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 15 2015, 02:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Laurent! Your takes are evolving great!
Sorry to hear about your knee - hope you get well, soon wink.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 15 2015, 03:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome Laurent! I notice important improvements on this one. You are playing catchy melodies, and the overall solo has a clear structure that evolves naturally with the pass of the track. I consider this 10 days of practice as a win for you! Please remember to continue exploring on this mode melodic direction, and using faster parts to connect melodies not as the main thing, unless you are at the solo section.

Today I'll share an update on this course. wink.gif

thanks Gabriel, work seem to paid ! let's see the next level smile.gif

Thanks Laurent! Your takes are evolving great!

thanks, i work work , and work again

Sorry to hear about your knee - hope you get well, soon wink.gif

unfortunatly, my right knee is dead, too much worn, worn by accident, but certainely a bit worn before cause of military intense stuuf (spend some years as paratrooper in foreign legion), so my only solution for now is to stabilise the tread of the knee with lubricat injection. a painfull story.

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2015, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Improvisation Course - WEEK #2

Here you can check the notes for WEEK #2: LINK

How to build the Major Pentatonic scale: LINK 1

Video with some explanations about this week's explanation:

DEADLINE: September 25th.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 15 2015, 04:49 PM
Learning Roadie
yeah !!!! let's work !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 15 2015, 08:08 PM
Learning Roadie
anddddd ZAP !

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/lesson-2-1

i feel inspirated by this BT smile.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 16 2015, 08:58 AM
Learning Roadie
may this one is far better..... am on the right way Gab ?

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/the-whole

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
n3m57
Sep 16 2015, 01:42 PM
Learning Roadie
very nice fzalfa, I like your tone and the way of your solo, you feel so inspired smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2015, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 16 2015, 04:58 AM) *
may this one is far better..... am on the right way Gab ?

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/the-whole

Laurent

Slash? Are you using Laurent's account?? ohmy.gif

This is your best entry for this course mate! Your playing is very tasty, your phrases are clear and your tone very cool to hear. It's awesome to see how melodic you can be. Keep on this direction! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 16 2015, 05:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Slash? Are you using Laurent's account?? ohmy.gif

what ?? hey Slash !! go back to write some songs....

This is your best entry for this course mate! Your playing is very tasty, your phrases are clear and your tone very cool to hear. It's awesome to see how melodic you can be. Keep on this direction! smile.gif

thanks Gabriel, i keep the direction !! better is to come, i have discover some stuff today.
i have try some lick with a slash like sound, it sound a bit like him... a bit only, i prefere to sound like myself smile.gif

very nice fzalfa, I like your tone and the way of your solo, you feel so inspired smile.gif

thanks n3m57

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 16 2015, 08:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello....

it's me again...

this is my last take for this part, for the moment.

i think i may interrest you. i have put a lot in side and some more.

i have cut down the file, cause 6 minutes too listen me is boring, so this is the best part. the previous was a bit "hard", big sound with wha

i love this preset, few fx, near to have a bare guitare sound (in this case my €piphone LP studio)

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/seem-to-be-good

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Sep 16 2015, 08:36 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 16 2015, 04:33 PM) *
Hello....

it's me again...

this is my last take for this part, for the moment.

i think i may interrest you. i have put a lot in side and some more.

i have cut down the file, cause 6 minutes too listen me is boring, so this is the best part. the previous was a bit "hard", big sound with wha

i love this preset, few fx, near to have a bare guitare sound (in this case my €piphone LP studio)

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/seem-to-be-good

Laurent

Hi Laurent, nice playing! I also like your tone on this take. There are some ideas that I'd like to see you improving or exploring in your improvisation:

- More defined phrases. There are just a few moments there two consecutive phrases are related and seem to use the call and response concept. On this take you are sounding more melodic but your lines don't have a clear direction.

- Repeat phrases with slight variations.

- Dynamics. You are not using this element too much. Most of your solo has the same picking intensity.

- Bending: There no much bending here. Long bends say a lot!

- Vibrato: Experiment with different kinds of vibrato.

- Other ornamentation: More slides, harmonics, trills, there are many expressing tricks that could make your solo richer.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ken Slocum
Sep 20 2015, 01:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Gab,

I know I missed the date...are you going to offer this course again? Thanks.....

--------------------
Ken (a.k.a. starman4) sends...............................keep making music.

Ken Slocum
Fender Strat
Variax JTV-59
Line 6 AMPLIFITT

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 20 2015, 09:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I found it more difficult to use the major pentatonic than the entire major scale for improvisation, it seems bit restrictive to me.
I think im missing something here. Lets say you have G major backing and you are going to improvise over it. I understand that the pentatonic and the entire scale have different sound and feeling. So am I right that you decide before you start the improvisation what feeling you want it to have and based on that you use either the the pentatonic or the entire scale?
And for the take you want us to share here - am I right that for this week we should use pentatonic only?

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 21 2015, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ken Slocum @ Sep 19 2015, 09:22 PM) *
Gab,

I know I missed the date...are you going to offer this course again? Thanks.....

Hi Ken, yes, I'll offer this course again once it's finished however, feel free to join now. We are on week #2 but both first weeks are very related. Start working on the first week and share your recordings here.

QUOTE (petr @ Sep 20 2015, 05:01 PM) *
Hi Gab,
I found it more difficult to use the major pentatonic than the entire major scale for improvisation, it seems bit restrictive to me.
I think im missing something here. Lets say you have G major backing and you are going to improvise over it. I understand that the pentatonic and the entire scale have different sound and feeling. So am I right that you decide before you start the improvisation what feeling you want it to have and based on that you use either the the pentatonic or the entire scale?
And for the take you want us to share here - am I right that for this week we should use pentatonic only?

Thanks Petr

You're right. Using Pentatonic or full scale can give a different feel to your phrases. You can keep using one of them of combining both from phrase to phrase. On future assignments we will add stuff that will enrich the pentatonic more, but at this stage the idea is that you have a good control and knowledge of the pentatonic scale along the whole fret board.

This scale will be also used on styles like blues and jazz (and fusion), and that's were you'll get even clearer differences.

About the recording, it would be interesting to hear you improvising at least 1 minutes with Pentatonic and another minute combining both.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 23 2015, 08:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi here

this is my ultimate take for this lesson.

i have choose to done it with a few effects and played with fingers insteed of picking, this is new for me, i like this way for the feeling and the facility to let expression goes... but i have lost some power when playing, so certains notes aren't correctly hear

https://soundcloud.com/maxime-bon-3/the-last-one

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Sep 23 2015, 08:36 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:29 AM