Another song!, Recorded this today! Every technique on GMC!
Why
Jan 18 2007, 07:30 AM
GMC:er
Basically all a Jam in dorian. I tried to incorporate every technique on GMC in this one.

I've covered Staccato, speed picking, Pedalling, sweeping, all types of phrasing and some really cool licks! Have a listen!

I've got the backing track for this if anyone's interested!

For those of you who don't like rapidshare, Link below.

Critique welcome!

Sorry about the bad quality again, best I can do with my amp sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Why: Jan 19 2007, 05:24 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  dorian22.mp3 ( 406.74K ) Number of downloads: 592

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 18 2007, 07:41 AM
Instructor
Yeah this is much better than the last one! Also the rythm guitar on clean sound is much much better!! Cool!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 18 2007, 07:42 AM
I'm using an Ibanez RG270DX with a Vox amp, directly. Recorded through crappy mic tongue.gif

QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 18 2007, 07:41 AM) *
Yeah this is much better than the last one! Also the rythm guitar on clean sound is much much better!! Cool!

Thanks man! Haha tongue.gif I'm working on something right now.. It should be finished in a couple of takes!

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 19 2007, 05:44 PM
hey thats pretty good.
sounds nice and bluesy
I reckon with better recording that would be a good "keeper"
nice fast play on that too, very clean.

Thanks for sharing it - good stuff.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Norven
Jan 20 2007, 05:16 AM
Very nice.
How long have you been playing seriosly? and how old are you? smile.gif

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 20 2007, 05:42 AM
QUOTE (Norven @ Jan 20 2007, 05:16 AM) *
Very nice.
How long have you been playing seriosly? and how old are you? smile.gif

I'm 18.. I've been playing for about 3 years but only 2 of those completely serious smile.gif

+Quote Post
Norven
Jan 20 2007, 05:55 AM
Okey nice:)
You are very fast:D

Im 16 and have played serious for 10 month:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 20 2007, 06:11 AM
QUOTE (Norven @ Jan 20 2007, 05:55 AM) *
Okey nice:)
You are very fast:D

Im 16 and have played serious for 10 month:P

Thanks.. It's all practice and perfecting your alternate picking..

But I don't angle the pick like Kris says in the videos, It makes my picking less efficient. I'll tell you, practice your alternate picking the most, and keep doing descending runs, over and over again. Don't stop. Eventually it'll become so easy you'll breeze through it..

For 10 months your improvisation is pretty good, I could play a descending run at around 110-120 BPM at that stage, because I was mainly interested in shredding and not the slow bluesy stuff.

What kind of music are you into?

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Jan 23 2007, 02:47 AM
Your faster than me...easy! But I liked the other recording better, this one sounded like Guitar Center, you know how guys pick up guiters and they all play different things - and you wind up with this mix of nothing? Well, you can rip alright, but this one seemed out of whack with the backing.

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 23 2007, 06:16 PM
QUOTE (PickNGrin @ Jan 23 2007, 02:47 AM) *
Your faster than me...easy! But I liked the other recording better, this one sounded like Guitar Center, you know how guys pick up guiters and they all play different things - and you wind up with this mix of nothing? Well, you can rip alright, but this one seemed out of whack with the backing.

Thanks alot for the constructive [sic] criticism!

+Quote Post
Norven
Feb 2 2007, 04:26 AM
For 10 months your improvisation is pretty good, I could play a descending run at around 110-120 BPM at that stage, because I was mainly interested in shredding and not the slow bluesy stuff.

What kind of music are you into?
[/quote]

My descending runs is around 160 bpm smile.gif

Ehm, shredding, slow blues, fast blues, nearly everything laugh.gif
But I play most shredding:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Mar 15 2007, 11:27 PM
i hope that was your amp..no im just kidding biggrin.gif that was a pretty good song.

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.J
Mar 16 2007, 01:34 PM
nice job! quite a bit faster thn me.. kinda jealous lol. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Sing. With your head up. With your eyels closed. Not because you love the song. But because you love to sing" - Copeland

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:40 PM