2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Unexpected Vistor
Saint_arc
Nov 24 2008, 03:25 AM
GMC:er
So I had a very large unexpected Visitor the other morning. As some of you may already know I am currently residing in Fairbanks, Alaska. I live kind of out in the woods. I have these 2 large 6 X 6 Foot windows in my living room that over look the woods about 10 ft away from my house. Well I woke up in the morning to this knocking sound on my windows. I got up to inspect and to my surprise had a Large Bull Moose knocking on my window. Scared the crap out of me when I first opened the curtains!! Got to Love Alaska. This thing is larger than my SUV. At least 7 to 8 ft tall. Crazy. Anyways thought I'd share that with everyone!!

mike

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 24 2008, 04:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Man that is crazy. I would of had to change my shorts. huh.gif

I haven't been to Alaska but I've been told it is a beautiful place.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Nov 24 2008, 04:36 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 23 2008, 07:06 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Man that is crazy. I would of had to change my shorts. huh.gif

I haven't been to Alaska but I've been told it is a beautiful place.

Since I have been here I have seen a few Grizzly Bears, Black bears, Lots of Moose, Wolves, And Enormous Caribou (Deer). Its kind of cool, its like - 18 degrees Fahrenheit right now. Moose just wander everywhere. Your'll be at a stop light and one will walk right through an intersection with its baby behind it. There massive. Larger than horses. Its kind of cool!!!

mike

--------------------
Mike

Guitars:

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Nov 24 2008, 05:27 AM
Acoustic Instructor
Hey hey that was amaizing  biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SensE
Nov 24 2008, 05:35 AM
Any picture to show us the beautiful place of Alaska?

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Nov 24 2008, 05:51 AM
QUOTE (SensE @ Nov 23 2008, 08:35 PM) *
Any picture to show us the beautiful place of Alaska?

You know what, didn't even think of that I'll post some soon. I'll send a link to the web site I made of my road trip from Atlanta Georgia to Fairbanks. Awesome trip!!!

Mike

--------------------
Mike

Guitars:

+Quote Post
SensE
Nov 24 2008, 06:40 AM
Awesome...I can't wait for that !

+Quote Post
Rooks
Nov 24 2008, 09:31 AM
Cool.. If your fast you can paint his nose red.. I know its not a reindeer, BUT
the next person seeing that moose will be even more confused biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 24 2008, 09:46 AM
GMC Founder
Oh my!! ohmy.gif

We need pictures to understand what kind of animal that was! (doesn't have to be your pictures)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Nov 24 2008, 09:47 AM
That's fantastic. Shame you couldn't snap a few photos (obviously with no flash).

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Nov 24 2008, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Saint_arc @ Nov 23 2008, 11:51 PM) *
You know what, didn't even think of that I'll post some soon. I'll send a link to the web site I made of my road trip from Atlanta Georgia to Fairbanks. Awesome trip!!!

Mike

I live in Atlanta. Google says its 3 days of straight driving to get to Fairbanks. ohmy.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 24 2008, 02:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Yup...Alaskan Moose are BIG!!!

http://www.wildmanlodge.com/Record%20Moose...ake%20Lodge.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...=image&cd=1

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 24 2008, 02:33 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 24 2008, 02:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha, very big that is wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kjutte
Nov 24 2008, 03:26 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 24 2008, 02:32 PM) *

Omg, that freaked me out.
That's gotta be close to an elephant.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 24 2008, 03:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
heeheh that was a big surprise I can imagine smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Nov 24 2008, 04:10 PM
Singing Instructor
Wow,that this is big.Glad you are ok.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 24 2008, 05:11 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow man that must have been a shocking experience for sure those things are huge indeed, have a camera ready next time, would make an awesome picture!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Nov 25 2008, 05:57 AM
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Nov 24 2008, 01:37 AM) *
I live in Atlanta. Google says its 3 days of straight driving to get to Fairbanks. ohmy.gif

I did the drive during the summer, it took 13 days. I drove it in my brand new BMW X3, now that is what I call breaking in a new ride. My route was exactly 5,100 miles long. I camped the entire way up there enjoying the sights stopping here and there to do some hiking. I'm having issues with my web site but as soon as it is resolved I will post up a link of the journey!! Thanks!!!

mike

--------------------
Mike

Guitars:

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 25 2008, 09:06 AM
QUOTE (Saint_arc @ Nov 25 2008, 09:57 AM) *
I did the drive during the summer, it took 13 days. I drove it in my brand new BMW X3, now that is what I call breaking in a new ride. My route was exactly 5,100 miles long. I camped the entire way up there enjoying the sights stopping here and there to do some hiking. I'm having issues with my web site but as soon as it is resolved I will post up a link of the journey!! Thanks!!!

mike

sorry to go out of topic, but how do you like your X3? Im an X3 driver as well haha.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Nov 25 2008, 09:18 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 24 2008, 11:06 PM) *
sorry to go out of topic, but how do you like your X3? Im an X3 driver as well haha.

Its a great car I love it. Gas Mileage is the best for an SUV. Handles extremely well. Feels like I am driving a sports car half of the time. But if I had to go back and do it again I would probably go with the X5 just because its a little bit bigger, gets about the same mileage, and I just like the way the body looks better. But still Very Good car. Sometimes I wish it were bigger than the moose that I run across occasionally on the road. I think I would feel a little safer.

Mike

--------------------
Mike

Guitars:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:10 PM