Cycling Speeds, I've got quicker with this
Phil66
Apr 8 2016, 09:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

Just thought I'd let you know of a little thing I've experimented with and found useful tonight.

I was really struggling to get over 60% speed with a run in one of my lessons. I could hit 60% sometimes. Tonight, I tried for half an hour getting 60% consistent, I couldn't do it. I went back to 50% for ten tries then went back to 60% for ONE attempt, then back to 50% for 5 tries, and back to 60%, BOOM, I got 60% nailed, then I went to 70%, rubbish, back to 50% for five tries, back to 70%.

I kept on doing this but only playing the higher rate once or twice then back to 50% for 5. After half an hour I am at 90%, I do't hit it every time but I am comfortable with 70% and pretty consistent with 80%.

Give it a try but always go to your slowest for the most runs.

50% 5
60% 1
Until you are nearly there with 60%
50% 5
70% 1
Until you are nearly there with 70% (You will find your 60% getting better without playing at that speed if you try it after a few 70% attempts)
50% 5
80% 1
Until you are nearly there with 80% (You will find your 70% getting better without playing at that speed if you try it after a few 80% attempts)
50% 5
90% 1
Until you are nearly there with 90% (You will find your 80% getting better without playing at that speed if you try it after a few 90% attempts)

Let us know how you get on. Hopefully this isn't one of those things that won't work tomorrow or even ever again and we can continue using it to get more speed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Phil66   Cycling Speeds   Apr 8 2016, 09:32 PM
- - nikeman64   Hey Phill, Thanks for sharing. I think it will wo...   Apr 8 2016, 10:13 PM
- - Phil66   Thanks,   Apr 8 2016, 10:31 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:59 PM