Generic Backings
AdamB
Aug 14 2009, 10:59 AM
GMC:er
Hey,

I think a good idea for GMC would be to have a set of generic backing tracks made for jamming to, as it's really hard to find good backing tracks for a given key.

I like to set a key for my practice and do all my scales/chords/jamming in that key for the week, so I'd be looking for a backing in D minor for example, but finding one for every single key is just a pain. I just don't get time to look because the time I have free I'm using to practice, so it'd be nice to just have 1 place where I can go and know there is a good backing already available.

It'd be cool if members could access an area where there are 3 or 4 tracks in each key that you can just download and jam to, it'd be a really useful resource, at least I think so.

-Adam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 14 2009, 11:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
I believe a similar request has already been submitted, but it's good to know that this feature is becoming very popular ! I agree with you completely, it would be great to have such a place.

For instance, we could collect every single backing track on GMC (from instructors' lessons) and organise into categories like keys/tempo/modulations... smile.gif I hope the administrators will consider this, Adam ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 14 2009, 01:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'd be happy to make a bunch of backingtracks like this, if I only knew some of the theory behind different keys and scales... I better read up and get to work biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Aug 14 2009, 01:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AdamB
Aug 14 2009, 02:40 PM
Yea, coz I've spent ages learning the scales and practicing them, but I need to learn to actually use them to make some music, which is very hard to do, having some good quality backings would make the whole thing much easier.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 14 2009, 02:45 PM
I have quite a big selection of BT's. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a selection!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gus
Aug 14 2009, 02:49 PM
Each day I am focusing my practice on a different key. So I started separating backing tracks which I would use every day for some jamming.

My starting point was the free tracks of this post:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...l=blues+backing

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
AdamB
Aug 14 2009, 03:16 PM
I have quite a big selection of BT's. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a selection!

PM'd!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 15 2009, 09:29 AM
Instructor
That would be interesting thing to have I agree with you guys. I also think it would be great if each member created their own backing tracks in style they need. This way you learn how to do midi programing , arranging and recording. Very beneficial as it will just help you expand your musical ideas. If you need chord progressions for certain mode I will be happy to provide them for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:57 AM