Eq Pedal
shammy
Nov 8 2008, 02:59 AM
GMC:er
how many of you guys use a eq pedal, I just picked one up and after messing with the knobs, I cannot believe how I went this long without one. Anyone have similiar experience with eq pedal, Btw I got the boss ge 7 eq pedal. Makes everything sound so fuller and rich.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Nov 8 2008, 03:31 PM
Really?? Can you maybe post a before and after clip? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 8 2008, 03:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
I use a 10band eq with volume and gain boost and it's like having another channel for your amp!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 8 2008, 04:37 PM
I use a MXR 6 band eq. I use it to balance my tone between my Classic gain channel and my Ultra gain channel. They can be a very versatile pedal.

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
erik
Nov 8 2008, 08:18 PM
I use a Boss EQ-pedal. It's frickin' great

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 8 2008, 08:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Very useful, I use one for solos... almost true, lately I've used only a tube screamer with a simpler eq. Great one too!

+Quote Post
Skalde
Nov 8 2008, 09:09 PM
Learning Roadie
I will buy a 'mxr 108' one day that's for sure

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 9 2008, 12:38 AM
Instructor
I don't need one atm, I like to keep the effects as simple as possible, but it's a good option for expanding the sound with just the tip of your toes. It's good for FX loop boosting the signal as well. I always preferred to turn the knobs on the amp instead.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
shammy
Nov 9 2008, 03:07 AM
well I will work on some sound clips, also as I play with this pedal sometimes I find myself going crazy trying to peg exactly the right tone. Definately takes some getting use to, more options can be confusing and I agree with you ivan that sometimes just turning the knobs on amp is better(easier) so to say.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:54 AM