Twilight
TreyDeschamp
Sep 30 2008, 03:21 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Has anyone read the book twilight? I'm currently reading it and its just an amazing book so far. It's about a girl who falls in love with a guy who ends up being a vampire and about how he loves her so much he doesn't want to bite her yada yada(i think thats what its about so far). Anyway.....I was wondering what others think of the book its the first book of the series.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Smikey2006
Sep 30 2008, 04:27 AM
GMC:er
GOD I WANT TO BURN THIS BOOK! BIGGEST CHICK BOOK EVER AND I CAN"T BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE THE NERVE TO WRITE SUCH A BOOK! ITS SO OVER THE TOP WE HAVE THE ENTIRE NORTH AMERICAN TEEN GIRL POPULATION JUST GOOGLY EYED OVER SOME FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!

okay if we can discuss this in long i have read the book and hated it. i hate the whole hype around it and i hate how most girls act when you try and discuss this book with them. generally the main character makes all guys look bad. and some girls don't mind pointing out your flaws compared to him and i'm absolutely sick of it. As far as writing goes this book is basically shake spear mixed with vampires and written very very basically. The characters have very little growth and are all absolutely flawless. the major reason i don't like this book is because i actually have a friend who's girlfriend broke up with him over the character in this book, said he didn't measure up.. and that killed about 4 weeks of my life with this guy freaking out over it. usually im completely apathetic about stuff like this. but for some reason hearing the world twilight or see that picture of 2 hands holding and apple absolutely makes me want to start a mosh pit and burn pages!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 30 2008, 12:39 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Yes, but did you like it? You didn't make yourself very clear ... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 30 2008, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 30 2008, 04:27 AM) *
GOD I WANT TO BURN THIS BOOK! BIGGEST CHICK BOOK EVER AND I CAN"T BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE THE NERVE TO WRITE SUCH A BOOK! ITS SO OVER THE TOP WE HAVE THE ENTIRE NORTH AMERICAN TEEN GIRL POPULATION JUST GOOGLY EYED OVER SOME FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!

okay if we can discuss this in long i have read the book and hated it. i hate the whole hype around it and i hate how most girls act when you try and discuss this book with them. generally the main character makes all guys look bad. and some girls don't mind pointing out your flaws compared to him and i'm absolutely sick of it. As far as writing goes this book is basically shake spear mixed with vampires and written very very basically. The characters have very little growth and are all absolutely flawless. the major reason i don't like this book is because i actually have a friend who's girlfriend broke up with him over the character in this book, said he didn't measure up.. and that killed about 4 weeks of my life with this guy freaking out over it. usually im completely apathetic about stuff like this. but for some reason hearing the world twilight or see that picture of 2 hands holding and apple absolutely makes me want to start a mosh pit and burn pages!

Tell us what you really think biggrin.gif Don't hold back. I've never read the book but it doesn't sound like its for me. The only book I need is the Stephen King Dark Tower Series biggrin.gif And the Discworld Books biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 30 2008, 07:20 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 30 2008, 07:39 AM) *
Yes, but did you like it? You didn't make yourself very clear ... biggrin.gif

Ok u caught me.. i actually really enjoyed it tongue.gif... jk.. if you want a good book read something by George Orwell. My recommendation is "1984" even though animal farm is a great read as well smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 30 2008, 08:32 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Good picks - really enjoyed both of them (even though we were learning them at school). Down and out in Paris and London is an interesting read as well.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Sep 30 2008, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 29 2008, 10:27 PM) *

]
Personally I like the book. I will admit it is girly but it is a nice book. I really enjoy most books I read but this to me is a creative book. The concept is creative but i dont haha.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Oct 1 2008, 01:19 AM
I've read New Moon (the 2nd book in the series). I liked it but I hate how every girl (and sometimes guy) is hyped up about it and treats there own lives similar (Example: Girls saying they found their "Edward" instead of saying they found the right person for them). Every time I hear someone talking like that i listen to Slipknot or Children of Bodom so loud I can't hear what anybodies saying.

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Oct 3 2008, 05:16 PM
QUOTE (Disturbed21 @ Sep 30 2008, 07:19 PM) *
I've read New Moon (the 2nd book in the series). I liked it but I hate how every girl (and sometimes guy) is hyped up about it and treats there own lives similar (Example: Girls saying they found their "Edward" instead of saying they found the right person for them). Every time I hear someone talking like that i listen to Slipknot or Children of Bodom so loud I can't hear what anybodies saying.

Bodom for life man!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
sigma7
Oct 4 2008, 04:22 PM
o if u like vampires read cirque du freak, best vamp book ever

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Oct 5 2008, 01:22 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Oct 4 2008, 10:22 AM) *
o if u like vampires read cirque du freak, best vamp book ever

Cirque du freak to me wasnt great.....read the first one and it was kiddish haha

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 5 2008, 01:45 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 30 2008, 07:41 AM) *
Tell us what you really think biggrin.gif Don't hold back. I've never read the book but it doesn't sound like its for me. The only book I need is the Stephen King Dark Tower Series biggrin.gif And the Discworld Books biggrin.gif

Discworld is AWESOME. i mean literally, totally awesome. those books rocked my world.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 5 2008, 02:00 AM
i love stephen king, like many people dream catcher was my absolute favorite but cell is a close second. I want to start reading the dark tower series as well.

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 19 2008, 06:44 PM
I dont think anything can top the last book I read.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Oct 19 2008, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 30 2008, 05:27 AM) *

This makes me want to read this book out of spite. I need a book anyways, something that isn't about music theory laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 19 2008, 07:48 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Oct 5 2008, 01:45 AM) *
Discworld is AWESOME. i mean literally, totally awesome. those books rocked my world.

It's a shame the author has Alzheimers sad.gif But he has wrote many incredible books smile.gif

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Oct 5 2008, 02:00 AM) *
i love stephen king, like many people dream catcher was my absolute favorite but cell is a close second. I want to start reading the dark tower series as well.

You need to read the Dark Tower series especially seen as though they are making the movies in the next few years smile.gif My favourite book series smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 19 2008, 08:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 29 2008, 11:27 PM) *

Haha. I hate it as much as you, bro. Actually, I've been told I sound like this Edward guy (I don't know how thats possible). By multiple people. Kind of odd.. Really, its just the hype I don't like. I hear you, anything that can bring together the north american <18 female population is probably something to avoid tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Oct 19 2008, 10:12 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Oct 19 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Haha. I hate it as much as you, bro. Actually, I've been told I sound like this Edward guy (I don't know how thats possible). By multiple people. Kind of odd.. Really, its just the hype I don't like. I hear you, anything that can bring together the north american <18 female population is probably something to avoid tongue.gif

Ok...thats weird how people tell you that you sound like Edward blink.gif ...almost as weird as how girls can fall in love with a fictional vampire in a book they read huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif .
By the way it's more like every female that reads this book minus a few.

This post has been edited by Disturbed21: Oct 19 2008, 10:13 PM

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 19 2008, 10:30 PM
There's only one good vampire book that matters, and that's the original Dracula, by Bram Stoker. Everything else is crap in comparison.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 11 2008, 01:08 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (VinceG @ Oct 19 2008, 01:44 PM) *
I dont think anything can top the last book I read.

Amazing book. Mc Carthy is just brilliant. One of my favourite authors. The Road is another great one as is All the Pretty Horses and of course No Country for Old Men... actually all his books are great smile.gif

@Smikey - King is another one of my favourites but I must say I didn't really like Cell. The Dark Tower series is just amazing to say the least. Just about all of Stephen Kings works can be linked to the series by characters, locations, events etc. Some other good reads are Bag of Bones, Eyes of the Dragon, The Shining, It, and the Stand just to name a few... all of which have ties to the Dark Tower in some way.

But back on topic... I haven't read Twilight and don't really have any interest in reading it. But it does seem to be enjoyed by alot of folks and the movie is everywhere you look. I'll stick to Anne Rice for my Vampire fix though or as Guitarman says for a vampire book you really can't do much better then ole Bram Stoker. ('Salems Lot by Mr. King is a great read too smile.gif )

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:23 PM