Testing Out My New Skervesen With A Doom Cover
Socky42
Jul 8 2017, 07:18 PM
GMC:er

I'm afraid it's just some single string djenting for people wanting to see the full range of the guitar. laugh.gif
Made this video as more of an exercise in sound design, production and mixing, trying to replicate the same energy as the original tracks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2017, 07:43 PM
This is one of the best produced vids I've yet seen. AMAZING job on the shooting/editing/game graphics (how did you get those game graphics with camera control like that?) the whole thing. Looks amazing. Looks like it was shot with a nice digital DSLR. Very dynamic lighting and and focus techniques. Nicely done!

Not to mention the playing and the track. I can only say BADASS!

Now that you have had the SKERV for a bit, tell us what you think about it?

Todd

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 8 2017, 02:18 PM) *

I'm afraid it's just some single string djenting for people wanting to see the full range of the guitar. laugh.gif
Made this video as more of an exercise in sound design, production and mixing, trying to replicate the same energy as the original tracks.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 8 2017, 08:11 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 8 2017, 06:43 PM) *
This is one of the best produced vids I've yet seen. AMAZING job on the shooting/editing/game graphics (how did you get those game graphics with camera control like that?) the whole thing. Looks amazing. Looks like it was shot with a nice digital DSLR. Very dynamic lighting and and focus techniques. Nicely done!

Not to mention the playing and the track. I can only say BADASS!

Todd

There's a Photo Mode in the game that lets you remove the HUD and control the camera, ended up just using some other guys footage for it though since their computers were better haha. Went a bit crazy with the editing but I thought it'd be nice if I made a decent video for the guys over at Skervesen.

Incredible guitar with a huge range of options to choose from when creating tones. Obviously it can do djenty things like this well but with the coil tapping and acoustic mod there are just so many different ways the guitar can sound. Definitely gonna try and show off the clean coil tapped stuff in my next video!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 9 2017, 11:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 8 2017, 07:43 PM) *
I can only say BADASS!

yup !

is your 7th string drop tuned or do you drop all the strings

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 9 2017, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 9 2017, 10:08 AM) *
yup !

is your 7th string drop tuned or do you drop all the strings

I normally have it tuned to Drop A which is standard tuning with a low A anyway. But for BFG Division I tuned just the 7th string down half a step to G# so I could fret and bend the note properly, don't think I played any chords in the entire video.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jul 9 2017, 11:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2017, 05:30 PM
Instructor
I've just commented at Youtube. I'm totally impressed with the overall quality of this video. Your new guitar looks and sounds beautiful. The arrangement is totally killer as always, but what surprised me is the great video that you'd done. The camera work, and the extra stuff added, everything it top level.

You rock.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 9 2017, 08:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
One word mate. AWESOME.

You've inspired me.

Thank you.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 9 2017, 08:23 PM
Learning Roadie
everything been said....

congrats Socky !!!

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2017, 09:18 PM
The game clips worked great. It's one of the best skerv vids I've ever seen. I'm sure they will appreciate it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 8 2017, 03:11 PM) *
There's a Photo Mode in the game that lets you remove the HUD and control the camera, ended up just using some other guys footage for it though since their computers were better haha. Went a bit crazy with the editing but I thought it'd be nice if I made a decent video for the guys over at Skervesen.

Incredible guitar with a huge range of options to choose from when creating tones. Obviously it can do djenty things like this well but with the coil tapping and acoustic mod there are just so many different ways the guitar can sound. Definitely gonna try and show off the clean coil tapped stuff in my next video!

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 10 2017, 10:59 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2017, 04:30 PM) *
I've just commented at Youtube. I'm totally impressed with the overall quality of this video. Your new guitar looks and sounds beautiful. The arrangement is totally killer as always, but what surprised me is the great video that you'd done. The camera work, and the extra stuff added, everything it top level.

You rock.

Thanks Gab! Just wanted to experiment a bit with everything and keep things fresh, different lighting/editing/mix etc.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 9 2017, 07:06 PM) *
One word mate. AWESOME.

You've inspired me.

Thank you.

Appreciate it Phil!

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 9 2017, 07:23 PM) *
everything been said....

congrats Socky !!!

Cheers

Laurent

Thanks Laurent!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:53 PM