2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Do The Lessons Get Cleaned Up From Noises?
vampire14
Jan 31 2009, 05:43 PM
GMC:er
i noticed that every lesson here is played perfectly but in a inhuman way.
insructors do 5 minutes shred with full distortion without us hearing even a hint of noise like hand rubbing agains the string or even picking noises. even when you properly mute all the string you can still here something when you brush against them.
do they realy play it so perfectly that i cant play a level one exercise as clean as they play a lvl 10 solo?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 31 2009, 06:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Lessons are recorded played live as is...There is no cleaning post production process done afterwords or anything.Actually it would be near impossible to clean up "dirty" track after its recorded..... smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 31 2009, 06:11 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 31 2009, 06:19 PM
Instructor
I do some processing like mastering the whole track and similar things but the actual playing is just as you hear it. I can not possibly kill any noise in between million notes. The noise is sometimes hearable but we try to play as clean as possible.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
vampire14
Jan 31 2009, 06:19 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 31 2009, 07:10 PM) *
Lessons are recorded played live as is...There is no cleaning post production process done afterwords or anything.Actually it would be near impossible to clean up "dirty" track after its recorded..... smile.gif

so how do you explain the perfection?
maybe im doing something wrong?
no matter how good i play something i alwayes have some dirt in it like my pick picking or my hand rubbing.

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 31 2009, 06:23 PM
I'll tell you their secret... but shhh, don't tell anybody else...
practice, practice.... in between - practice even more.... tongue.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 31 2009, 06:27 PM
and also even even more practice ... laugh.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 31 2009, 06:29 PM
...and for the rest of your spare time - practice...

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 31 2009, 06:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (vampire14 @ Jan 31 2009, 06:19 PM) *
so how do you explain the perfection?
maybe im doing something wrong?
no matter how good i play something i alwayes have some dirt in it like my pick picking or my hand rubbing.

Playing clean is maybe one of most difficult techniques to master and it takes a lot of time...There are lots of ways to mute (with right or left hand).Also the way you setup your sound matters a lot in the end result..Being aware of noises you make is a good thing, you will with practice and time learn to subconsciously avoid them.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 31 2009, 06:41 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 31 2009, 07:19 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Besides there are some other factors like:
1. we hear ourselves more because we have ears near the pick/strings and so when practicing without to much loudness we tend to hear pick/rubbing fingers more.
2. I think that rock hard calluses make less noise ( maybe I am wrong ).
3. New strings / strings on which You used Fast Fret or other similar product make less noise, and fingers move on them bit smoother.
4. Depends also on the pick, and the way You are picking. Different noise with different picking angle.

Of course the muting skill of the instructors is one that we most probably strive to posses, but maybe it isn't so bad with us as we think. After recording myself few times, I think that no one besides me hear all the rubbing/picking noise I make;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2009, 07:36 PM
GMC Founder
Another thing to think about - if you asked me to play some of my fastest shred stuff unaccompied at 30 % of the speed - I can assure you there would lots of new strange noises. Lots of noise gets "hidden" in the speed runs and backing.

Still, you MUST try to play as clean as possible when starting out slowly - and don't stress things. Eventually your technique will evolve into what you are hearing more advanced players do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Feb 1 2009, 12:46 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Kris is right, of course backing tracks can cover up small noises, but of course we all have to try to play as clean and precise as possible. And as mentioned before, this is a matter of practice, practice, and at the end of the day some practice wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 1 2009, 01:34 PM
Instructor
The truth is (at least for me) that even though you see only like 30 seconds of video, I filmed the same thing over and over like 50 times before getting a level I could live with..

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Feb 1 2009, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 1 2009, 07:34 AM) *
The truth is (at least for me) that even though you see only like 30 seconds of video, I filmed the same thing over and over like 50 times before getting a level I could live with..

I feel better now. cool.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 1 2009, 02:33 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 1 2009, 01:34 PM) *

yeah... exactly as I'm recording my poor takes... record half an hour and choose one of them wink.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 1 2009, 02:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 1 2009, 01:34 PM) *

Same here smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 1 2009, 04:45 PM
Instructor
Backing does eventually hide small noises
but only minor things, nothing important
such as open string ringing etc.
I would also say it's only practicing. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 1 2009, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
The more you play something the better it will sound.....

I am sure they are practising each lesson untill they know it perfectly....

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 1 2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, when starting out you'll wonder why it's seems nearly impossible to achieve the guitar sounds of your favorite players, but after a few years of keeping at it, those guitar sounds will sound very obtainable. Just keep at man, and try not to get discouraged!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 1 2009, 10:06 PM
Instructor
THe speed and precision come with time so just take it easy and play everything as clean and precise as possible. Let this be your focus, and speed will come naturally.

PS Check out the basics of muting tutorial here on GMC, I've given some advices about muting the strings and getting rid of additional noise.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 2 2009, 12:59 PM
Instructor
When you play without backing track or any sort of support (metronome, drum machine , another instrument), noise will come out more than usual.
It usually happens if you are not muting properly with either left hand and/or right hand. Lots of people mute correctly with their picking hand , but overlook the fact that playing hand has to mute as well when changing strings...
Thats where your answer lies - practice that, record yourself and see if you can hear difference a month from now !

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:38 PM