> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Victor's Thread, for Gab's Army
Victor Simion
Mar 16 2021, 09:58 AM
Learning Roadie
I am a bit disappointed by the fact that it sounds like is not in synch when I play the higher strings.
I hope this is something that can be fixed.

It's strange because I play the same as I play in the lower strings, and my hands feel synchronized.

I will try to play slower and see how it sounds.
Also I think one idea would be to try and play this without an amp.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2021, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Don't feel disappointed. This affirmation..

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 16 2021, 05:58 AM) *
It's strange because I play the same as I play in the lower strings, and my hands feel synchronized.

makes me predict that you'll fix this problem very soon. Just work on it, enjoy the process.

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 16 2021, 05:58 AM) *
I will try to play slower and see how it sounds.
Also I think one idea would be to try and play this without an amp.

Practicing without amp or distortion is positive to fix the sync issue, but be sure that it's also sounding good with distortion. Sometimes there are unwanted noises that can only be noted with drive.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 16 2021, 07:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is the sound of my guitar without any amp, from my phone camera.

Here is the audio input from computer without any distort.

In the higher strings sounds like it's staccato.

Here is the tone added to the computer audio.

Being the same audio input from computer but this time with distort I still feel the same staccato sound in the higher strings.

The same 3 takes are the same, do they all sound the same to you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 16 2021, 09:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Slow Speed Playing:

Medium Speed Playing:

I am planning to do a cover on this song (solo):

Derdian - Kingdom of your heart

This song was tabbed by ear by me, it's almost completed, with a few missing parts you will notice in the video that I couldn't figure out.

I tabbed most of the instruments in Guitar Pro I think when I am ready I will use Guitar Pro as a backing track, right now I played with the original song on youtube just for reference.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2021, 03:19 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2021, 03:51 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 18 2021, 05:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you for the feedback.

I will attach here the Guitar Pro tabbed by me for Derdian - Kindgom of Your Heart.
No tab for this song so I had to work on it.

I tried to tab even the piano although I don't play piano.
I feel like my piano sounds more like a rock ballad as opposed to the original song where the piano sounds more like classical music. I don't know why. But I am satisfied with the result.

Rhythm Guitar:
The power chords are mostly done by using a software to estimate chords and trying to guess them. Maybe I should really understand how this works, but right now I want to focus on getting the lead guitar done. Not sure if all power chords are correct.

Drums:
I really tried to get the drums as close as possible even though I am not a drummer. The drums play a very important part on this solo.

Lead Guitar:
Measure 27 was the one that was missing. I tried to add the notes, it sounds good but I don't think they are exactly the same notes.
Also it seems impossible to play on fret 21 on the lower strings.
Measure 26 it's also incomplete.

And the last 2 or so measures are missing from the song.
But first I want to focus on getting done at least measure 26 and 27.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Derdian___Kingdom_of_Your_Heart.gp ( 22.13K ) Number of downloads: 316

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2021, 03:01 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 20 2021, 03:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Here I made another Hand Synch video unfortunately it is low audio quality, for comparison:

Playing on lower strings and on highest strings.

Using a different Guitar and Guitar Setup, I am not home.

The Guitar Tone should be similar because I am using Guitar Rig 5, the only difference is that here it is plugged directly into the computer and when I played home I was using an audio interface presonus audiobox usb 96.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2021, 02:36 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 23 2021, 07:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you for help I am working on pressing the frets with less pressure, and it's still sounding.

I am working slow on hand synch exercises.

Also I am working on covering the solo
Derdian - Kingdom of Your Heart

I need help with:

1. I wrote measure 26-27 using your help let me know if this is correct.

2. At second 3:39 (original song) measure 16 in my tab, the the first note doesn't sound exactly like I hear it in the original song. What do you think is different? Is there some kind of pinch harmonic or something like this?

3. I transcribed power chords by using the help of a chord estimate program, I am not sure every power chord is correct. At measure 13 we have the power chord A#, I am not sure if it's correct. Maybe there should be B power chord just because maybe it sounds better, but I am completely clueless which one should be used. I need to make it sound without any dissonance if I want to use it as a backing track.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Derdian___Kingdom_of_Your_Heart.gp ( 22.15K ) Number of downloads: 310

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2021, 03:51 PM
Instructor
Hi Victor!

1. There are very small differences in measures 26/27. Check the right tab:

Attached Image

2. Yes, it's like a pinch harmonic but played in a part where there is no harmonic in the string, so instead of get an "octaved" effect, it sounds like a more aggressive picking.

3. Can you tell me the minutes/seconds from the song where you can't recognize the chords?

PS: Are you using the playback speed feature in youtube to learn the parts?

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 24 2021, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I it's very helpful to slow down the song, I have more time to think what notes should be played.

1. Thank you for correcting the measures

2. Yes, it's like a pinch harmonic but played in a part where there is no harmonic in the string, so instead of get an "octaved" effect, it sounds like a more aggressive picking.
There is 12th Fret, isn't that fret able to produce harmonic in the string?
I am not sure I completly understand this part.

3. I will take a look again at the power chords and tell you later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2021, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Check the spoken video here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pinch-...monics-Workout/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 24 2021, 05:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, it's clear now with the pinch harmonic.
And yes, you are right there is a different note and he tried to play a pinch harmonic and that confused me about which note was there, but now it's clear.

Here I made a screenshot where I am not sure about the power chords you can see the time labels above the power chords. Just those power chords.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Mar 24 2021, 05:25 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2021, 04:11 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 25 2021, 10:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi, sorry I meant 3:29, instead of 2:29 when I wanted to ask for a power chord.

Here you have my Guitar tone for this solo.
I like the guitar tone in the original song I feel like it is an ample fat guitar tone.
I tried to make some tone similar to it using Guitar Rig 5.

This solo reminds me of Neoclassical Solo for Beginners by Emir because it is slow melodic, with lots of vibrato and bendings.

Here is my final update on the Guitar Pro song the one I used as a backing track.
I don't hear any dissonance in power chords but I don't hear the power chords so good, it's a lot harder for me to transcribe what is playing in the back of the main melody. Let me know if something sounds bad.

And this is me playing the solo

I know it needs more practice I didn't fully learn the fast part where I needed help in transcription at second 1:09, and after that parts is done at 1:14 my finger just slipped because I was focused on the fast part and I lose track.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Derdian_Tab_and_tone.zip ( 26.81K ) Number of downloads: 309

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2021, 03:20 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 26 2021, 10:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you for feedback.
Yes I will keep working on it.

I have a problem regarding guitar intonation.
The High E string is flat(when in 12th fret) with 20 cents, I think that is a bit too much.
And as you can see from this picture the saddle is pushed at the maximum, nothing more that i can do.

The other strings are are much better in tune.

I really don't like messing with bridge, intonation string action etc.

And I have another guitar where the some strings are ok, but some are sharp like 10-15cents.

Intonation is something that I really don't like or anything regarding the guitar setup because I feel that even if I will play perfectly it won't sound perfectly and that is frustrating.

Edit: I don't have any Luthier in my town, but I managed to find someone who can take a look at the guitar intonation.
He said said that the first step is to change the guitar strings, I already went and bought them. He will have a look in a few days, I hope he can help me.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Mar 29 2021, 12:46 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 29 2021, 01:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is my other guitar and now I am working on this solo also:

Check my playing over the original song, and also you can hear my guitar isolated(so you can spot a lot more imperfections in my playing)
This is made just for fun, I know it's far from being ready and perfect, but this is just as a starting point.

Very important: I changed the pitch of the original song to normal tuning just to match my guitar tuning, because they are playing 1/2 step down.

There is no tab for it, but it's almost done by me.

This is the original studio version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCPbPqlihQ4...channel=TROOPER
Around 2:40 the solo starts:

This one is the live video from lockdown, so it's easier to see what they are playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azpb1crG5pI...channel=TROOPER
Is it me or the Guitar player messes here the sweep part at second 3:04:

I have a few question about my transcription, but that will come in some later posts of mine, since this post is getting way too long.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Trooper___Inca_O_Lupta_ver_2.gp ( 19.7K ) Number of downloads: 299

--------------------

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:13 AM