Piporz Introduction Thread, Your goals for following 3 months
Pedja Simovic
May 28 2010, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Andy,

Feel free to tell me as many things as possible about your playing and knowledge. Audio and/or video of your playing could also help. I am looking for specific goals (short and long term) so that I could create proper plan for you smile.gif

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
piporz
May 28 2010, 11:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Pedja!

I'm on a weekend vacation now, come back to my family for a couple of days and I hope soon enough I'll be playing something on my guitar and recording for you to watch (sometime along this week). I already posted you my three goals in the other thread, but i will paste them again here. If you would like to assign me something for now, since I haven't got my guitar with me, I could study/read some theory, if you like. Guide me were to start!

Here are my goals for now:

I have three main concerns on my playing and music knowledge. First of all is playing clean (muting unwanted string noise, only hearing what I mean to play!), which I've been improving lately but still needs to develop quite more.

My second concern is rythm! There are many people I believe who are born with natural rhythm, and I'm certainly not one of them. I really have trouble following rhythm patterns, and mostly tapping my foot when I'm playing a song (even in most basic rythm patterns): it is something which exasperates and annoys me to death! Lately I've been trying to tap rhythms when I'm hearing a song, and I'm getting a little better, but when I get to play a song with my guitar I'm really bad with it.

Third concern is music theory. I've studied Solfeggio when I was a kid for three years and I have basic music notions, but I really would like to understand theory, not only knowing, but understanding when I'm reading a song or composing. I've never started transcribing a song, and that's something I want to do, but it feels really hard, mostly chords, because single notes don't look quite as difficult.

I also want to improve other aspects such as my techniques, playing a little faster etc.

I'm a beginner-intermediate with a lot of energy to learn!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black, Fender Champion 600, Ibanez TS808 my only gear :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 31 2010, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Andy!

Your guitar CV is quite interesting and in a way common smile.gif For muting assignments, I will probably have to record some videos for you to show you how to do it properly. Everything else you asked will be no problem on my end.
We will start with theory and harmony assignments which will lead into ear training/transcribing. In the meanwhile I will prepare muting video for you.

Visit forum tomorrow for your 1st assignment!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
piporz
May 31 2010, 05:39 PM
Learning Roadie
wohoo! laugh.gif

--------------------
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black, Fender Champion 600, Ibanez TS808 my only gear :)

+Quote Post
piporz
Jun 1 2010, 12:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja! I read you graduated in Berklee College, nice! I don't know if you know, but there are building a Berklee College in Valencia that will be open in the next years (though I live in Barcelona, I'm only here to study, me and my family are from Valencia). I believe it's the only Berklee college outside Berklee that has been authorised, it's going to be pretty huge..

One question, what did you study over there? Was it what you expected?

Here is the web page of Berklee Valencia:

www.berkleevalencia.org/en/

Thanks!

This post has been edited by piporz: Jun 1 2010, 12:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 1 2010, 02:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (piporz @ Jun 1 2010, 01:44 PM) *
Hey Pedja! I read you graduated in Berklee College, nice! I don't know if you know, but there are building a Berklee College in Valencia that will be open in the next years (though I live in Barcelona, I'm only here to study, me and my family are from Valencia). I believe it's the only Berklee college outside Berklee that has been authorised, it's going to be pretty huge..

One question, what did you study over there? Was it what you expected?

Here is the web page of Berklee Valencia:

www.berkleevalencia.org/en/

Thanks!

Hey Andy!
You read correctly smile.gif I graduated from Berklee and taught there for 2 years before coming back to Serbia. I believe there is a lot of Berklee network schools across the world where you can take Berklee courses with instructors that graduated from Berklee and then transfer those at actual Berklee in Boston! Website looks good, I am hoping it will work out for you!
I started with dual major, Film Scoring and Jazz Composition. After couple of semesters I shifted to one major, Jazz Composition and I graduated in Professional Music which is basically major that allows you (with chairs permission) to create program that suits your needs ( so you can take classes that are in Film Scoring, Arranging, Performance, Jazz Composition etc) which is what I did.
Berklee worked great for me, it was all I expected and much more. It was dream come true for me, learned a lot, established myself there and have open door to go back anytime and teach there. Fantastic place, atmosphere is great, everybody is 24/7 in music, really great place to push yourself and achieve your musical goals.
Hope all this helps smile.gif

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
piporz
Jun 2 2010, 11:01 PM
Learning Roadie
waiting! huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 3 2010, 08:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (piporz @ Jun 3 2010, 12:01 AM) *
waiting! huh.gif

Coming up in next couple of minutes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:01 AM