Transcendental Meditation
opeth.db
Mar 8 2010, 06:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Does anyone do it? I have been debating for quite sometime to spend the $1500 to learn it.

I have heard from many people that do TM it has helped them quite a bit especially in a "creativity" type of way.

http://www.tm.org/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 8 2010, 07:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I don't do it, But given the oppurtunity I think I would love to try it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 8 2010, 07:57 PM
Instructor
the closest i do is yoga, and it gives you some mental calm, but always wanted to try meditation.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
longjohn
Mar 8 2010, 08:49 PM
GMC:er
Really, I think it may be a bad idea to spend $1500 to learn it. An easier way would be to look up some basic meditation training, then move on from there. It all really depends on what you're attempting to achieve from the meditation. If you're into that, you should check out some astral projection. Neat stuff.

--------------------
We're all mad here.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 9 2010, 02:25 PM
Jazz Instructor
During the 70s, lots of musicians and artists did that! David Lynch, John McLaughlin, Chick Corea. Beatles had their guru Maharishi, and so on...
So obviously, it has some value in it, but be careful!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 9 2010, 02:45 PM
Instructor
I would practice meditation, it's a cool thing to do, but if someone asks for 1500$ to learn it, I would consider spending that money somewhere else wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 9 2010, 05:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Dan,

it's nice to see you back.

Before taking a course of meditation I recommend you to really investigate about it. There are a lot of technique out there, and the way I see it is that meditation is more than a technique. Mediation goes by the hand with a philosophy , for example traditional budhists meditate with the intention of compassion. In India you can find thousands of yoga philosophies, each one which their own type of mediation.

In general terms meditation is about finding whatever that your looking inside you and not outside. All the answers of the Universe are inside you, you can sing mantras, you can use breathing techniques, but what really matters is your PURPOSE, and living all day long in accordance to a philosophy , it isn't only about breathing. Before selecting any type of meditation, practice a simple technique, go to a calm place and stay with you for a couple of minutes. breath slowly and find your own conclusions, remember that the answers are inside you not outside. Maybe this people is selling this TM like the latest thing, but if your purpose doesn't align with it you won't find anything. As with guitar , practice every day , meditation is about commitment with yourself and your true purpose in life.

If you can, buy and read this book "The art of Meditation" , it's a very nice book about meditation, very easy to understand and very easy to read.

Have a nice journey.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 11 2010, 05:23 AM
Instructor
I also think $1500 is too much but I would like to learn it.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 11 2010, 04:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I do think $1500 is kinda steep but seems pretty cheap for a lifetime of healing.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Mar 31 2010, 06:17 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
1500 USD for learning a matra that will allow you to jump while in a meditative stance is a noncence. No offence tho, just my oppinion...

If you want a meditation with an immediate expirience, and I'm talking right while iniciation takes place, consider Kriya Yoga eather from SRF or KYIO (www.kriya.org). "Yoga in daily life" is also good. Ammachi is also giving mantras, and they are very good. She's the hugging saint, the Guru Jason Becker accepts. Jason is also into Kriya by the way... smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:34 PM