8th Vs 16th
leedbreak
Aug 21 2007, 11:15 AM
GMC:er
Before I ask my questions, I want to thank you for the collaboration efforts, man that was fun.

When one sets out to play 16th notes at say 90 BPM is it ok just to play them as 8ths at 180. I know I do better with a louder click at every 8 notes instead of one every 16 notes.
Same with triplets I seem to improve faster if I play as below
Click(1), 2, 3
tap(1), 2, 3
tap(1), 2, 3
tap(1), 2, 3
example: Working 1/8 note triplets at twice the speed to achieve 16th triplets. I just seem to learn faster if the is a click or tap at the start of each triplet.
Do you feel this is a bad habit?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 22 2007, 05:34 AM
Instructor
Great question,
Well.. It's a mind thing really..
As you said, your fingers are playing the same thing.
It's really in your mind and the danger here is to not train your brain to think in 16ths..
You might want to practice both. Makes sense? smile.gif

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 21 2007, 06:15 AM) *
Before I ask my questions, I want to thank you for the collaboration efforts, man that was fun.

When one sets out to play 16th notes at say 90 BPM is it ok just to play them as 8ths at 180. I know I do better with a louder click at every 8 notes instead of one every 16 notes.
Same with triplets I seem to improve faster if I play as below
Click(1), 2, 3
tap(1), 2, 3
tap(1), 2, 3
tap(1), 2, 3
example: Working 1/8 note triplets at twice the speed to achieve 16th triplets. I just seem to learn faster if the is a click or tap at the start of each triplet.
Do you feel this is a bad habit?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:38 AM