4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Major Announcement, Why I decided to quit guitar
David Wallimann
Apr 1 2008, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Some of you guys know this, but I think it's time I make it official.
As of 3 days ago I decided to quit guitar.
It's been a gradual process. I've started to feel less and less attraction to the instrument and lately picking up my Parker has not brought any joy to me.

I still enjoy hearing some rock music every once and a while, but guitar is just not for me anymore. There is too much competition out there... Too many good players and I feel that I cannot bring anything new out of the instrument. I decided to go full time with another passion of mine. I've always loved stamps and think it's time to dedicate more time to that passion. I still have a few rare ones that I need to complete my early century French stamp collection and guitar has been in the way for too long.

I hope you guys understand!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 1 2008, 03:45 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Are you serious David? Please tell me that this is a joke!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gen
Apr 1 2008, 03:46 PM
GMC:er
Yeah just go ahead, guitar sucks anyways...

I hope this is for the 1st april ph34r.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 1 2008, 03:47 PM
Surely this is a 1st of April thing, he's recently just advertised for one to one lessons and he's a great guitar player

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 1 2008, 03:49 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Gen @ Apr 1 2008, 10:46 AM) *
Yeah just go ahead, guitar sucks anyways...

Ah! Forgot what today was laugh.gif

I hope this is for the 1st april ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
pbrad
Apr 1 2008, 03:51 PM
Oh yeah, stamps over guitar anyday! Good April Fools joke.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 1 2008, 03:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Well I dont blame you David, stamp collecting certainly does have that appeal and with such a rare collection I can quite obviously see how guitar is getting in the way of that passion. I would dearly love to see the one you are missing

The "Poisson d'Avril" perhaps? smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 1 2008, 03:53 PM
Get to da Chopper!
This is sad new to me David sad.gif but im glad you are making the decision you feel right with smile.gif

Iv also thought about quitting, infact just this second i cancelled my GMC subscription and chopped the strings off of my guitar...just because practising has become so frustrating...

Now that you are quitting guitar David i dont think i can't continue, you've been a massive inspiration to me...i think i'll sell my guitar and carry on with my passion..

Some people think onion selling isnt a career; but im just fascinated by the concept.

SO i guess any further time i spend on the forum is a bit of a waste of time...so bye guys! This is my last post!

Enjoy your new career David- i think we've made the right decision smile.gif

Happy April fools everyone, et oui Smells, j'aime aussi le Poisson d'Avril

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 1 2008, 03:54 PM
That's a shocker blink.gif
I actually think you can bring alot to the guitar world... you'r vocal like soloing is always inspiring me.. too bad man sad.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 1 2008, 03:54 PM
The Dark Canuck
The winter blues must be contagious..... I'm going to go get some echinacea smile.gif

I seriously hope this is an April fools joke..... Wallimann is too awesome to quit.

rok

This post has been edited by rokchik: Apr 1 2008, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 1 2008, 03:55 PM
Good cuz you suck.

April fools btw, you rock Wallimann

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Apr 1 2008, 03:57 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 1 2008, 03:56 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Apr 1 2008, 04:40 PM) *
Some of you guys know this, but I think it's time I make it official.
As of 3 days ago I decided to quit guitar.
It's been a gradual process. I've started to feel less and less attraction to the instrument and lately picking up my Parker has not brought any joy to me.

I still enjoy hearing some rock music every once and a while, but guitar is just not for me anymore. There is too much competition out there... Too many good players and I feel that I cannot bring anything new out of the instrument. I decided to go full time with another passion of mine. I've always loved stamps and think it's time to dedicate more time to that passion. I still have a few rare ones that I need to complete my early century French stamp collection and guitar has been in the way for too long.

I hope you guys understand!

A agree...what is life with out stamps... rolleyes.gif
ha ha...SMC........StampsMaterClass.net
laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 1 2008, 04:00 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Hahaha, good joke man laugh.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 1 2008, 04:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok David I will follow you where ever you go. So how do I start my stamp collection? If anyone is interested I can trade my Ibanez for stamps.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Apr 1 2008, 04:04 PM
I think you've made the right decision. You are a terrible player and should've quit years ago.

Nice April Fools! You are one of my favorite instructors. Keep the great lessons coming!

-Kiz

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 1 2008, 04:09 PM
This is very sad David, but I respect your decision to do so.

Perhaps you and Deeproots can sell onions + stamps as a new business venture. Or, you can stick stamps all over your guitar now that you won't be needing it anymore. Or better yet, buy one onion and get one stamp free. You could even mail the onions with your stamps!

The posibilities are limitless. wink.gif

This post has been edited by jeff: Apr 1 2008, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 1 2008, 04:14 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (jeff @ Apr 1 2008, 03:09 PM) *
The posibilities are limitless. wink.gif

I'm glad you too see the potential smile.gif (damn i posted, okay im really finished with the forum now..)

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Apr 1 2008, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Sooo Funny, stamps for guitar ahahahah

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 1 2008, 04:23 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
April Fools anyone? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Apr 1 2008, 04:24 PM
hahahaha! You're toooo amazing to quit! Look forward to your next lesson!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:51 PM