2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hello All
Rodnator
Nov 21 2007, 04:45 AM
GMC:er
Well, Where to I begin? My name is Rod, I'm From Connecticut in the good ole "US of A" I'm 42 years old and have been just a lurker here at GMC for a while now. Guitar has been simply a hobby for me since I was a teenager with sometimes years going by between picking up a guitar. I took lessons for a year back in the 70's (Melbay's book 1) and usually only learned a riff or two by watching friends through the years. In the last year or 2, I've really renewed my interest in wanting to develop into a competent guitar player, but have not been able to find the time to seek a full time teacher to put me on the right path. Imagine my surprise when I came across this fabulous website and the real sense of community that exists here. I've been quite successful in my professional career and have spent great deals of money buying beautiful equipment thinking it would be a good investment and motivate me to keep at it. It was not enough. So I have finally decided with all of your help, and as I see everywhere PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE it is time to pay the price to acheive my goals. There is so much to learn and I found the deeper you go the deeper it gets. But I think I need to start from the beginning once again. So any advice I can get from you fine people would be of great help to me. Thanks for all of the contributions on this fine website, it should really be a fun journey.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Acoustic Guitars : Ovation 1771 LX Balladeer
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 04:49 AM
Welcome Rod!!! smile.gif

This is seriously the best guitar-learn site on the web!!!

-PacmanProductions

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 21 2007, 04:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome Rodnater. Nice intro. It is good to have you here as it sounds like you want to have some fun. Don't forget to breath! ;-) alright....

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Nov 21 2007, 06:29 AM
Well, that didn't take long to meet new friends. I don't have a problem breathing haha. It's everything else that has been a little intimidating. I sort of consider myself an advanced beginner, as I'm not exactly a newbie. I'm past the bleeding finger tips. and I do alot of reading. I have knowlege and application of most open chords, power chords, all of the pentatonic scale boxes, and a lot of beginner theory. I can even play a couple dozen songs. Although I have plenty of trouble with timing and not a lot in terms speed or creativity. There is so much to learn, and I feel as though I have so many holes to fill I don't know where to begin.

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 06:35 AM
i was gonna ask you... how does your Ovation sound? im thinking of getting one...

--------------------

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Nov 21 2007, 06:43 AM
It is a beautiful Guitar, It has a beautiful tone. It is really a quality instrument. I've had it about a year. It is a little awkward at first because of the round back, it likes to slide down my leg when I play, so I've learned to use a strap even when seated. If the strap is adjusted correctly, No problem. I used to work for Kaman Aerospace 25 years ago, the parent company of Ovation. The manufacturing plant was in the same building that I worked in. I've wanted one for a long time. It was worth the wait.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 06:45 AM
sweet, thanks!

i just needed a kind of "review" before i buy it

--------------------

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Nov 21 2007, 06:48 AM
These are a few Toys I have aquired

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Rodnator: Dec 15 2007, 04:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 06:48 AM
thats the exact same ovation i was looking at! sweet les paul!

--------------------

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Nov 21 2007, 06:53 AM
The quality of it is top notch, It almost never goes out of tune. It has th OP pro preamp with an electronic tuner built in. I don't use it very often, and have tried putting a set of elixer coated strings on as I hear they will last a lot longer. After several months all I can say is all is well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 06:55 AM
sweet... well thanks... i guess im gettin that one smile.gif and btw, it says that you have been here since july.... and your just now giving an intro?

--------------------

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Nov 21 2007, 07:09 AM
Long term lurker status. BUSTED. I guess we all go at our own speed. I don't really have a fear of commitment. But I figure now I'm ready to roll. Need to not procrastinate. I've looked at many of the lessons, read a lot of forum content. I've had some major back problems that are beginning to work themselves out and have not been able to commit to a steady practice regime. I love to pick up my axe and fiddle as long as I can without causing more touble. I have a 5 and 10 year old that take it's toll on my back. So when it is my time of the day for me time, usually after kids bed time, it's pretty worn out. Well Anyway!! No more excuses.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Nov 21 2007, 07:10 AM
good! we have yet another devoted GMCer!

--------------------

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 21 2007, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Welcome Rod!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 21 2007, 10:14 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hello there smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 21 2007, 10:39 AM
Welcome smile.gif

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Nov 21 2007, 10:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 21 2007, 12:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome Rod ! great to have you join us.

regards

Matt biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 21 2007, 12:09 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Hi Rod and welcome to the forum!

Nice intro btw - kind of reminds me a lot of myself.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 21 2007, 01:27 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome Rod - I'm in Connecticut too smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 21 2007, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Welcome man! Nice Ovation you have there! Love those guitars!

Enjoy your staying here! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:39 PM