15 Reaons Why Guitars Are Better Than Girlfriends
AIB234
Jun 29 2007, 03:55 PM
GMC:er
Stolen from: http://ultimate-guitar.com/columns/junkyar...irlfriends.html

01. Girls dump you. A guitar will always be there when you get home.

02. A guitar's minimum requirement is an amp. A girl's minimum requirement is shoes, clothes, makeup, a mirror, magazines, more shoes and a tiny handbag. And that's every week!

03. You'll never turn on a girl as fast as you can turn on an amp.

04. If your guitar sounds crap, you can tune it. If your girl talks crap you're stuck with her.

05. Guitar's, unlike girls, have volume control which goes all the way down.

06. If you play your guitar crap, it tells you its crap. It doesn't lie and pretend you did it right when you didn't!

07. Two girls at once is hard to come by. Double kneck guitars are not.

08. Your guitar makes a sound only when you want it to.

09. Nobody cares when you dump your old, out of date guitar for a new, younger model. In fact it's encouraged.

10. With a guitar, you can copy tunes from other songs. With a girl, try telling her you're copying some moves from an ex and she'll throw you out.

11. Your guitar doesn't refuse to let you play it once a month.

12. Your guitar will never find out if you've been playing another guitar behind its back.

13. You don't have to get guitars drunk before using them.

14. You can stare at a guitar all you like, but stare at a girl too long and you'll end up in an immense amount of pain.

15. Watching other people play the guitar is entertaining. Watching other people do it is just sick!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Robin
Jun 29 2007, 04:01 PM
Indeed biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 29 2007, 05:05 PM
Well said biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 08:09 PM
well said man! that list is very funny laugh.gif

(pstt...i dont think the ladies of GMC will approve this.... rolleyes.gif tongue.gif huh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 29 2007, 08:10 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 29 2007, 08:37 PM
Lol. Im guessing your having girl troubles ? laugh.gif

Funny- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jun 29 2007, 08:46 PM
lol

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 29 2007, 08:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 29 2007, 09:09 PM) *
(pstt...i dont think the ladies of GMC will approve this.... rolleyes.gif tongue.gif huh.gif laugh.gif

hehe... I was thinking the same thing! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 29 2007, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hahahaha awesome! But i am SURE girls at GMC are not gonna like it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 29 2007, 02:13 PM) *
Hahahaha awesome! But i am SURE girls at GMC are not gonna like it! biggrin.gif

hehe! its just a matter of time! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 29 2007, 10:05 PM
Haha, very good list, but see theres this one type of girl that is all above that. A guitar playing girl. Trust me FIND ONE. There amazing. Im gonna marry mine tongue.gif!! And the great thing about guitar playin girls is. that if you piss them off. Go buy them a new guitar ahah. They will be happy then. And you can touch all you want tongue.gif!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 29 2007, 03:05 PM) *
Haha, very good list, but see theres this one type of girl that is all above that. A guitar playing girl. Trust me FIND ONE. There amazing. Im gonna marry mine tongue.gif!! And the great thing about guitar playin girls is. that if you piss them off. Go buy them a new guitar ahah. They will be happy then. And you can touch all you want tongue.gif!!

yea, guitar girls are amazing, but very hard to find. Specially the ones who are very serious about guitar. I hope i can find the perfect one someday wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 29 2007, 10:20 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 29 2007, 04:09 PM) *
yea, guitar girls are amazing, but very hard to find. Specially the ones who are very serious about guitar. I hope i can find the perfect one someday wink.gif

I had to only wait 17 years!! I guess im not doing to bad on that huh!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 29 2007, 10:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 29 2007, 11:09 PM) *

What about this one: https://www.youtube.com/nascream79

I'm sure she's the same age as some of you guys! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 29 2007, 10:52 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jun 29 2007, 11:29 PM) *
What about this one: https://www.youtube.com/nascream79

I'm sure she's the same age as some of you guys! smile.gif

Haha! great tongue.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jun 29 2007, 11:01 PM
A guitar chick? That would be a dream come true for me! biggrin.gif But I'm not holding my breath. It's hard enough to find guys who are serious about guitar where I live, let alone a girl.
I'm pretty sure I have a better chance at winning the lottery (about 1 in 14 000 000) than finding a girl who I can talk to about sweep picking or pentatonic runs tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 29 2007, 11:14 PM
I found it while I was aimlessly searching UG for articles to read in boredom.

Glad you all enjoyed it smile.gif

Apologies if it offends any of the females but c'mon, it is pretty funny! ...you don't have to admit it's true even though we all know the truth wink.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jun 29 2007, 04:14 PM) *
I found it while I was aimlessly searching UG for articles to read in boredom.

Glad you all enjoyed it smile.gif

Apologies if it offends any of the females but c'mon, it is pretty funny! ...you don't have to admit it's true even though we all know the truth wink.gif

yea, thanks for sharing it with us. i know that the ladies are gonna take action against this laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 29 2007, 11:30 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Funny Funny!

First thing im gonna do now is show my girlfriend this list! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 30 2007, 12:46 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 29 2007, 06:22 PM) *
yea, thanks for sharing it with us. i know that the ladies are gonna take action against this laugh.gif biggrin.gif

All 3 of them!!!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 30 2007, 01:02 AM
QUOTE (GroovinMastiff @ Jun 29 2007, 05:01 PM) *
A guitar chick? That would be a dream come true for me! biggrin.gif But I'm not holding my breath. It's hard enough to find guys who are serious about guitar where I live, let alone a girl.
I'm pretty sure I have a better chance at winning the lottery (about 1 in 14 000 000) than finding a girl who I can talk to about sweep picking or pentatonic runs tongue.gif laugh.gif

Damn, I guess im really lucky then huh!! I just thought it was nothing finding them, but now i know its not. But keep on trying guys. You will eventually find one!! tongue.gif I got faith in you if you really want it enough!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 AM