Mentors ?, how does that work??
steph
Mar 26 2010, 06:24 PM
GMC:er
Hi All,
Reading through the forum I've picked up this mentoring or tutoring which sound more personal that just following the video lessons? have I got this wrong? because I could use some pointers as I feel I'm floundering some times, all this talk about schedules and cages etc, all very technical for a simple lad like me. I probably need some guide line and advice about all this. Have been busy with Poitr kacsor and Ivan Milenchovic lessons mainly . ( all bluesy kinda stuff) level 4/5
If I can utilize more features of the site, I feel it might speed up my progress, blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Mar 26 2010, 06:39 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi steph,

The mentoring program, MTP, has already started so you probably missed it. Next one will be in June. You will have to wait till then. But you can definitely use REC forum to post your videos so instructors can give you feedback to what you will need to focus your work on. Another is participating on collaborations. You can explore your creativity and implement what you have learnt from the lessons you have learnt.

I am just recommending because I have progressed a lot using these 2 forums. You can always ask your favorite instructor questions you will have and that can be a separate mentoring program in itself. smile.gif

Welcome mate.
Chandra

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 26 2010, 07:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello!

What you are talking about is the Mentoring Program or MTP. Check out this forum board with info about it:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=139

You have missed the new phase of it, but there will be more sign ups in few months. How it works is that you get personal instruction 1-on-1 with the instructor you wish conducted in his private mtp board. You get weakly assignments and homework you need to do. In order to participate in the program you need to have the ability to record yourself (in video and audio). I recommend looking into that solution in the mean time (there is video board here in the forum). Also try participating in the REC.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 26 2010, 11:54 PM
Instructor
Next to the MTP program, I can offer some assistance to you here. Let me know your current level of music theory and technical guitar knowledge and we'll see what we can come up with for you smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Mar 26 2010, 11:55 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
steph
Mar 28 2010, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 26 2010, 11:54 PM) *
Next to the MTP program, I can offer some assistance to you here. Let me know your current level of music theory and technical guitar knowledge and we'll see what we can come up with for you smile.gif

Thanks guys,
That sounds great, would the webcam on my pc be good enough or should i buy a proper video camera? Ive got a digital camara with a short video feature? that should do it I think?

Thanks Ivan,
I dont know what level of music theory I am, I know minor and major pentatonic scales quite well and can jam a little with them, can identify the notes and cords in various places. Ive got through your "three blues kings lesson" and "Albert king style blues licks" and the jazzy blues phrasing from Poitr plus a few others, mainly from level 3-5. Ill try and video a lesson and post it on to you,.... I'm not a whizz on pc but will get this sorted as I see a light down the end of the tunnel. all sounds good.
thanks very much for taking some time to help, much appreciated.
Steph

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:55 PM