Little Lesson Feature Upgrade
Kristofer Dahl
May 25 2008, 11:27 AM
GMC Founder
Hi there,

You might have noticed the lessons look a little different now with a tab (not tablature) system below the lesson videos - this is yet a step towards the lesson layout upgrade, and the benefits we should be seeing from this are...

Lessons should load faster - since you don't have to load all the comments if you don't want to.

Lesson series now have a "related lessons" tab so you easily can find all the lessons in a series!

Also - in contradiction to what I have said earlier (I always talk too much ohmy.gif ) - it looks like we now will be seeing a more gradual transition towards the new lesson layout I have been speaking about earlier. This means that we hopefully will be adding feature after feature in the old and new lessons - instead of implementing it all at once.

PS And you may notice there are lots of more space for new tabs/features! wink.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
mattacuk
May 25 2008, 11:30 AM
Lets go fishing!
Very professional looking layout kris !! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 25 2008, 11:33 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Looks great Kris smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

ps If you talk too much then there's no hope for me laugh.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 25 2008, 11:34 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks guys!! biggrin.gif

Tony - well if you say a lots of things and stick to them then it's a different thing ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
May 25 2008, 11:36 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Looks good Kris. Any Idea why some of us in the States are still having a "buffering" problem? There was a thread a while back with mainly members from the US talking about this.

I have no problem waiting but just want to make sure its not my connection. (DSL) smile.gif

Thanks for all the upgrades man!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 25 2008, 11:37 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (skennington @ May 25 2008, 10:36 AM) *
Looks good Kris. Any Idea why some of us in the States are still having a "buffering" problem? There was a thread a while back with mainly members from the US talking about this.

I have no problem waiting but just want to make sure its not my connection. (DSL) smile.gif

Thanks for all the upgrades man!

You mean that the videos load slower than before? It has to do with our main server now being in Europe...

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
May 25 2008, 11:48 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 25 2008, 05:37 AM) *
You mean that the videos load slower than before? It has to do with our main server now being in Europe...

Yes, the initial loading of the videos buffer 2-3 times. After that, seems to be ok. smile.gif No prob's though, I'f I had to even catch dinner or something while waiting, I'd still be here! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 25 2008, 11:49 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This looks great !! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 25 2008, 12:09 PM
Instructor
It looks amazing, great work! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 25 2008, 12:10 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Looks great Kris smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
chast
May 25 2008, 12:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Looks really good.
In my opinion the overview is also better now smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
May 25 2008, 12:15 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Great smile.gif

Related lesson feature will be very useful smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 25 2008, 03:22 PM
Instructor
Looks great and I like related lessons very much. It should keep a problem of finding older lessons to a minimum. Great job smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
May 25 2008, 03:29 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Nice have to pay my subscription again xD

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 25 2008, 03:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Good work kris! IT looks great!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 25 2008, 04:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool Kris! Just one thing I'd like to ask. It'd be better if after leaving a comment, the page doens't refresh. I usually type my comment while listening and then if I have to whait untill the end to click on add comment.

EDIT: and damn you... Now I can't see the tabs anymore (no payed acount biggrin.gif ) just joking tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: May 25 2008, 04:04 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 25 2008, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Looks great! Very nice upgrade smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Nick325
May 25 2008, 05:03 PM
GMC:er
nice job it looks great

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
May 25 2008, 05:10 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It's a great update, now people have to subscribe to see all the stuff, just how guitarmasterclass deserves it wink.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 25 2008, 05:27 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I really like this the whole new lesson layout. It's so much better looking and nice to use. What will come next I wonder? smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:57 PM