> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Grace's Theory And Basic Techniques
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Howdy Grace smile.gif Welcome to your thread!

Please tell me a bit about your favorite bands and the gear you are currently using smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grace
Jul 27 2012, 05:46 AM
GMC:er
Hey thanks smile.gif

Ok so here are a few random bands I like: Red, thousand foot krutch, Three days grace, breaking benjamin, the devil wears prada, of mice and men, august burns red, the word alive, as i lay dying, a plea for purging, and so on...as you can see it's more modern rock not classic.

I have a seven-string Dean vendetta, and a Crate amp because my brother took my fender amp sleep.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 26 2012, 07:40 AM) *
Howdy Grace smile.gif Welcome to your thread!

Please tell me a bit about your favorite bands and the gear you are currently using smile.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2012, 07:12 AM
Instructor
Hehehe biggrin.gif You got to the right place smile.gif

I am also a big fan of modern rock and this is what I am playing with both my bands. Tell me Grace, can you record something for me so that i may see and hear your playing?

If you don't have anything recorded yet, I was thinking you could tackle this Breakin Benjamin style lesson here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Breaking-Benjamin-Style/

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Grace
Jul 27 2012, 10:00 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 27 2012, 06:12 AM) *
Hehehe biggrin.gif You got to the right place smile.gif

I am also a big fan of modern rock and this is what I am playing with both my bands. Tell me Grace, can you record something for me so that i may see and hear your playing?

If you don't have anything recorded yet, I was thinking you could tackle this Breakin Benjamin style lesson here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Breaking-Benjamin-Style/

What do you think?

Cosmin

Nice biggrin.gif

I don't have anything recorded...but I'll check out the lesson for sure and let you know if I can record something without being so embarrassed I start crying...lol tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2012, 10:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Jul 27 2012, 09:00 AM) *
Nice biggrin.gif

I don't have anything recorded...but I'll check out the lesson for sure and let you know if I can record something without being so embarrassed I start crying...lol tongue.gif

Embarrassed? Don't worry, you are here to learn, so I would need a recording just to know where to start smile.gif

Looking forward to it!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Grace
Jul 27 2012, 10:09 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 27 2012, 09:01 AM) *
Embarrassed? Don't worry, you are here to learn, so I would need a recording just to know where to start smile.gif

Looking forward to it!

Cosmin

True I'll see what I can do smile.gif

QUOTE (Grace @ Jul 27 2012, 09:03 AM) *
True I'll see what I can do smile.gif

Cool lesson by the way!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2012, 07:47 AM
Instructor
Hey Grace smile.gif Thank you!

I'm waiting to see your take on it!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Grace
Jul 29 2012, 12:45 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 28 2012, 06:47 AM) *
Hey Grace smile.gif Thank you!

I'm waiting to see your take on it!

Cosmin

You're welcome Master! hehe

Today I got so awfully dizzy I started losing my vision and I wanted it back so bad so I could play guitar lol laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 02:07 PM
Instructor
I was initially amazed by the fact that people in Puerto Rico are listening to 'Of mice and men' laugh.gif But then the 'NOT' came biggrin.gif

Great miss Grace smile.gif Let's see the take!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Grace
Jul 29 2012, 03:07 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 29 2012, 01:07 PM) *
I was initially amazed by the fact that people in Puerto Rico are listening to 'Of mice and men' laugh.gif But then the 'NOT' came biggrin.gif

Great miss Grace smile.gif Let's see the take!

Cosmin

Lol I wish it was a metal music country so I would actually fit in x)

How should I record so that you can hear the guitar and the song playing at the same time without a problem?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 03:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Jul 29 2012, 02:07 PM) *
Lol I wish it was a metal music country so I would actually fit in x)

How should I record so that you can hear the guitar and the song playing at the same time without a problem?

Hey Grace smile.gif Do you use any DAW? Recording software I mean

+Quote Post
Grace
Jul 29 2012, 03:19 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 29 2012, 02:16 PM) *
Hey Grace smile.gif Do you use any DAW? Recording software I mean

Honestly I never record anything unless it's with my camera or cellphone so I don't even know...what would you recommend though?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 03:57 PM
Instructor
We'll start with the camera smile.gif

Make a few tests before posting the recording on youtube and then here, aiming to get the sound of the guitar and the backing track at a decent level.

+Quote Post
Grace
Jul 31 2012, 12:05 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 29 2012, 02:57 PM) *
We'll start with the camera smile.gif

Make a few tests before posting the recording on youtube and then here, aiming to get the sound of the guitar and the backing track at a decent level.

Hey Cosmin!

How are you doing? I haven't been able to record anything yet unfortunately sad.gif but hopefully this week I can, I really hope so. So I should play a song on a stereo and play along to it? Is that how you meant?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor
Howdy Grace smile.gif

Here are the steps which you should follow:

1) Get enough lights in the room
2) Position the camera and make sure you got batteries and space on the SD card or memory
3) Enter the link with the lesson
4) Access the backing tracks in the right part of the lesson screen - you have to press on the little arrows- do you know about this?
5) Start recording
6) Start the backing track and play with it
7) Save the video on your computer and make sure that the audio is ok (you can hear the guitar and the backing track)
8) Post it on your Youtube channel (start one if you don't already have one)
9) Embed it here with the Embed option available on Youtube smile.gif

Let me know if everything is clear and you can work your way with it smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Grace
Aug 1 2012, 01:35 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2012, 08:36 AM) *
Howdy Grace smile.gif

Here are the steps which you should follow:

1) Get enough lights in the room
2) Position the camera and make sure you got batteries and space on the SD card or memory
3) Enter the link with the lesson
4) Access the backing tracks in the right part of the lesson screen - you have to press on the little arrows- do you know about this?
5) Start recording
6) Start the backing track and play with it
7) Save the video on your computer and make sure that the audio is ok (you can hear the guitar and the backing track)
8) Post it on your Youtube channel (start one if you don't already have one)
9) Embed it here with the Embed option available on Youtube smile.gif

Let me know if everything is clear and you can work your way with it smile.gif

Cosmin

I'll let you know as soon as I work on it smile.gif looks pretty clear to me. Thanks again Cosmin! (you have a cool name tongue.gifl)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2012, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Thank you very much smile.gif It's an honor coming from someone bearing such a beautiful name as yours smile.gif

Let me know if I can further assist you with the recording process smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Grace
Aug 4 2012, 04:30 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 1 2012, 09:56 AM) *
Thank you very much smile.gif It's an honor coming from someone bearing such a beautiful name as yours smile.gif

Let me know if I can further assist you with the recording process smile.gif

Cosmin

Sorry it's not exactly with the same rhythm you played it :s

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2012, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Hey Grace smile.gif This is very good! I think we can start working on stuff here, miss smile.gif

The fact that you switched a few of the phrases is not a bad thing as long as you follow the drums. See, in this style of music, the phrasing is very tightly connected to the drumming - this is why all those bands sound incredibly tight!

Alright then, here's what I suggest:

1) We focus on riffing, which you are obviously into, as long as you like all that modern metal stuff smile.gif

2) Theory, which you will need in order to understand what you are playing

3) Lead - are you into lead playing? If yes, what techniques do you like and are you experienced with a certain one?

4) Composition - do you like writing your own stuff?

So, what do you think about all this? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Grace
Aug 4 2012, 07:31 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 4 2012, 08:08 AM) *
Hey Grace smile.gif This is very good! I think we can start working on stuff here, miss smile.gif

The fact that you switched a few of the phrases is not a bad thing as long as you follow the drums. See, in this style of music, the phrasing is very tightly connected to the drumming - this is why all those bands sound incredibly tight!

Alright then, here's what I suggest:

1) We focus on riffing, which you are obviously into, as long as you like all that modern metal stuff smile.gif

2) Theory, which you will need in order to understand what you are playing

3) Lead - are you into lead playing? If yes, what techniques do you like and are you experienced with a certain one?

4) Composition - do you like writing your own stuff?

So, what do you think about all this? smile.gif

Cosmin

Thank you Cosmin and I see what you mean about playing with the drums, it makes perfect sense.

Riffing sounds terrific!, theory I know I need it, lead is great but I have no experience with it and I've always liked rhythm a lot, composition I like it. Sounds great ! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Grace: Aug 4 2012, 07:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:46 PM