Priciest Guitar Ever?
Todd Simpson
Sep 24 2019, 12:42 AM
GMC:er
wow 25k?
https://reverb.com/item/13589938-b-c-rich-gunslinger
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 24 2019, 09:51 AM
GMC Founder
Looks very cool, except I need that neck pickup!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 24 2019, 10:18 AM
Its been a long time since I played a single PU guitar, people say they have feel to them and I agree. Maybe its the less magnetic pull, components etc. but they do feel a bit more "woody".

A bassy humbucker to me fits best to them, I use a tonezone and if the height is right can sound neck-like with distortion when picking lightly. I also want to try an esquire someday too, preferably with a 1 piece neck (maple fretboard which is an extention of the neck).

This post has been edited by Mertay: Sep 24 2019, 10:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 24 2019, 10:50 AM
As the advert says, I did, indeed, have a poster on my wall which featured that guitar!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 24 2019, 02:48 PM
To this date, the priciest guitar ever is David Gilmour's "Blackie" Stratocaster that went for a cool 3.97 million at auction last June.
It was a originally a sunburst '69 from Manny's in NY.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2019, 05:07 AM
Egad!! Yup, that wins it at nearly 4 Million smile.gif I was still shocked to see someone asking 25k for a NAGEL BC Rich Gunslinger. It's one of my "Grail/Bucket List" guitars as I've always liked Nagel artwork and I love retro 80s things and it doesn't get much more retro 80s than this guitar. The single pickup, the reversed headstock, the nagel paint job, it just screams 80s. I think I"ll end up with I'd rather a cheap chinese kockoff if the prices for the real ones are going to be this nuts!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 24 2019, 09:48 AM) *
To this date, the priciest guitar ever is David Gilmour's "Blackie" Stratocaster that went for a cool 3.97 million at auction last June.
It was a originally a sunburst '69 from Manny's in NY.

Looks like a PINK "Invader' pickup! You can grab one on ebay! about $100.

https://www.ebay.com/i/401591776455?chn=ps&...AEaAjISEALw_wcB

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 24 2019, 04:51 AM) *
Looks very cool, except I need that neck pickup!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 25 2019, 07:24 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 24 2019, 11:18 AM) *
Its been a long time since I played a single PU guitar, people say they have feel to them and I agree. Maybe its the less magnetic pull, components etc. but they do feel a bit more "woody".

A bassy humbucker to me fits best to them, I use a tonezone and if the height is right can sound neck-like with distortion when picking lightly. I also want to try an esquire someday too, preferably with a 1 piece neck (maple fretboard which is an extention of the neck).

Yes I'd love to have one at some point - however I think I'd prefer one with a neck pickup..!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 25 2019, 06:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
There are some crazy expensive guitars out there.

One of the guitars on my list of "must own at some point" is still a JPM100 P1. It's not quite as expensive as anything mentioned here, but it runs at a fairly high price these days. I think it's around 3K USD. I remember seeing it 15 years ago at about 1K USD. Should have bought one then smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 25 2019, 07:08 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 25 2019, 05:04 PM) *
There are some crazy expensive guitars out there.

One of the guitars on my list of "must own at some point" is still a JPM100 P1. It's not quite as expensive as anything mentioned here, but it runs at a fairly high price these days. I think it's around 3K USD. I remember seeing it 15 years ago at about 1K USD. Should have bought one then smile.gif

We have one where I live which is on sale, though keep in mind gear is more expensive in Turkey; https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/ikinci-el-v...599060432/detay

I played it 2-3 time is very long time-spans, to be honest never really liked the feel as the neck carve is different compared to an RG. But I do know some who has customized a normal RG to look like that with great success.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 25 2019, 07:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 25 2019, 08:08 PM) *
We have one where I live which is on sale, though keep in mind gear is more expensive in Turkey; https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/ikinci-el-v...599060432/detay

I played it 2-3 time is very long time-spans, to be honest never really liked the feel as the neck carve is different compared to an RG. But I do know some who has customized a normal RG to look like that with great success.

That's the P2 version though smile.gif I've always been more fond of the colors of the P1. I've never played one though, so maybe I'd be disappointed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 25 2019, 09:20 PM
https://soundcloud.com/gitarg-nl-kleri/tz-1

A quick example of tonezone with loads of gain

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 25 2019, 06:11 PM) *
That's the P2 version though smile.gif I've always been more fond of the colors of the P1. I've never played one though, so maybe I'd be disappointed.

oops yeah your right, there was a blog about the paint job I couldn't find it but found this instead as an example;

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 25 2019, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 24 2019, 02:18 AM) *
Maybe its the less magnetic pull, components etc. but they do feel a bit more "woody".

Humbucking (double coil) pickups exert very little pull on the strings unless the pole pieces are almost touching them.
Single coils on the other hand do pull on the strings.
The only guitar you're gonna 'feel' a difference on is a Fender Esquire. Traditionally they have an overwound, single coil bridge pkup.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2019, 10:11 PM
Having one of those JP Ibbys has been on my guitar bucket list for ages. I"ve never seen one that was not crazy pricey, and I've never seen one in "the wild" at a guitar store so Ive never played one.

The neck is NOT the slim thing that is on the killer 7 ibby that you have BEN. It's the JP neck which is a thicker carve. The JEM 7 has a thinner version of the 7 string ibby neck which I think is closer to what you have. Also, sadly, the graphic on the JPM is PAPER that is placed on the guitar and then glued on and then sealed. I thought it was painted on, but no, it's just paper. I think I'd like one of the JEM 7 String models. They have the thinnest neck one can find on a 7 string and I hear they play amazingly well. The Jem 7 neck spects and JPM neck specs are belowhttps://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/JEM7V7

JEM7 2013–2016 648mm/ 25½" 48mm 68mm 18mm 20mm 430mmR/ 17"

JPM 1997–1999 648mm/ 25½" 42mm 56mm 19mm 21mm 430mmR/ 17"

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 25 2019, 02:11 PM) *

I think I would as well. I've seen gunslingers with two humbuckers, though I'd like one with a single in the neck. I've seen those but only from the Custom Shop. For a while in the 80s, the single slanted pickup was "IT" and the gunslingers started using that layout.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 25 2019, 02:24 AM) *
Yes I'd love to have one at some point - however I think I'd prefer one with a neck pickup..!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 25 2019, 10:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 25 2019, 11:11 PM) *
Having one of those JP Ibbys has been on my guitar bucket list for ages. I"ve never seen one that was not crazy pricey, and I've never seen one in "the wild" at a guitar store so Ive never played one.

The neck is NOT the slim thing that is on the killer 7 ibby that you have BEN. It's the JP neck which is a thicker carve. The JEM 7 has a thinner version of the 7 string ibby neck which I think is closer to what you have. Also, sadly, the graphic on the JPM is PAPER that is placed on the guitar and then glued on and then sealed. I thought it was painted on, but no, it's just paper. I think I'd like one of the JEM 7 String models. They have the thinnest neck one can find on a 7 string and I hear they play amazingly well. The Jem 7 neck spects and JPM neck specs are belowhttps://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/JEM7V7

JEM7 2013–2016 648mm/ 25½" 48mm 68mm 18mm 20mm 430mmR/ 17"

JPM 1997–1999 648mm/ 25½" 42mm 56mm 19mm 21mm 430mmR/ 17"

I think I would as well. I've seen gunslingers with two humbuckers, though I'd like one with a single in the neck. I've seen those but only from the Custom Shop. For a while in the 80s, the single slanted pickup was "IT" and the gunslingers started using that layout.

I used to own a baseball-bat Schecter and I was actually fine with that untill I started playing Ibanez guitars. My friend pointed out one day when he tried my guitar that he too found the Ibanez extremely easy to play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 25 2019, 11:23 PM

I forgot the recent 50000 dolar godzilla guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2019, 01:17 AM
Ouch!! I'd much rather spend that much on other things but it takes all kinds to fill up a bus!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 25 2019, 06:23 PM) *

I forgot the recent 50000 dolar godzilla guitar biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 9 2019, 07:00 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Don't forget about these guys for $25K to $35K.

Attached Image

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2880...igil-collection

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 21 2019, 08:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Found one with custom paint that I quite like smile.gif Bit pricey too though! And I'm generally not a fan of ESP's.

https://reverb.com/item/6406247-esp-custom-...-painted-w-case

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Oct 21 2019, 08:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 21 2019, 09:11 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 21 2019, 07:16 PM) *
Found one with custom paint that I quite like smile.gif Bit pricey too though! And I'm generally not a fan of ESP's.

Ripoff of Guernica smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2019, 10:12 PM
Not typically a huge fan of ESP, they do have a few I really dig. This one is all new to me. Never seen one like it before. The E.S.Picasso smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 21 2019, 03:16 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 21 2019, 10:15 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:18 AM