Bugera Amplifiers, Inexpensive Hand Made Tube Amps
Marshmall0wz
Aug 24 2008, 04:11 AM
GMC:er
So in my search for an entry to tube amps/ a mesa boogie lonestar copy, i found this baby.
http://bugera-amps.com/Products/333XL-212.html
It's all valve, and from demos and reviews on youtube, it looks like a great deal. $700
What do you think w.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFY5_RWD8w
im really excited to find these

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 24 2008, 05:00 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thought the amp was a bargain as well til Muris told me it was made by Behringer. So I asked the "Endorsed by Bugera" guitarist that owned it what his take was on the little beast..... His words, "it's free". Don't think he was that impressed. I briefly, and I stress briefly played through it and neither was I. sad.gif

I suggest you try befor you buy smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 24 2008, 10:48 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That model is a rip off of the Peavey JSX model.

Expect an amp that sounds like a JSX at a lot less cost and lot less quality.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 24 2008, 11:10 AM
Instructor
I believe you might experience the same thing as with many Behringer products,
you get nice deal for less money but it's always a question
how long it's gonna work properly,if it doesn't work properly already. mellow.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 24 2008, 11:25 AM
Lets go fishing!
I read that on the Peavey Valveking 212 and VK 100 head you can switch it between class A, and class A/B. Apprently when you switch it to class A mode on the gain channel it sounds like older mesa's. Nothing sounds as good as a real mesa, but you might wanna have a look at this amp if your own a budget smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 24 2008, 12:12 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
If "it's free" is the only reason why somebody plays this amp it can't be that great...

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 24 2008, 01:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 24 2008, 01:12 PM) *
If "it's free" is the only reason why somebody plays this amp it can't be that great...

laugh.gif especially if it's a $700 Bugera. A million dollar amp on the other hand... wink.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Aug 24 2008, 02:51 PM
I'd save for the Mesa if I were you, Bugera amps sound good, but they're known to break quickly at bedroom levels. No one I know has had one that worked for more than 4 weeks. Very poor quality, if you want good budget amps, go for a Valveking or Blackheart.

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Aug 24 2008, 02:52 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 24 2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Along side the fact that one amp is all tube, and high on power, there are a lot more things that a good amp should have. Manufacturers of cheap tube amps know that people often don't look about detailed specs, or reliability issues, how much they like to see labels like: "all tube design", "4 channels", "high quality FX effects", "ultra mega giga EQ boost" etc. Have you ever noticed that most of the time low quality amps do have these stickers on them?

My point is simple. Good amp is expensive and we all know why. It is a standardized model, built from good quality components, built with care, properly tested (not only by company tech, but also by musicians all over the world gigging and touring), and you just know that these amps are good and well worth of money, and you're paying for device that will serve you well in the years to come.

So to conclude save for a good quality tube amp that you will be satisfied with. Guitar amp is after the guitar the most important (and expensive) piece of gear, so it is always better to buy a quality one. Giving 700$ (which is a big amount of money) for something that you will not be pleased in a long run is a bad investment.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Aug 24 2008, 10:46 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 24 2008, 11:31 AM) *
Along side the fact that one amp is all tube, and high on power, there are a lot more things that a good amp should have. Manufacturers of cheap tube amps know that people often don't look about detailed specs, or reliability issues, how much they like to see labels like: "all tube design", "4 channels", "high quality FX effects", "ultra mega giga EQ boost" etc. Have you ever noticed that most of the time low quality amps do have these stickers on them?

My point is simple. Good amp is expensive and we all know why. It is a standardized model, built from good quality components, built with care, properly tested (not only by company tech, but also by musicians all over the world gigging and touring), and you just know that these amps are good and well worth of money, and you're paying for device that will serve you well in the years to come.

So to conclude save for a good quality tube amp that you will be satisfied with. Guitar amp is after the guitar the most important (and expensive) piece of gear, so it is always better to buy a quality one. Giving 700$ (which is a big amount of money) for something that you will not be pleased in a long run is a bad investment.

okay smile.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
jer
Sep 12 2008, 10:09 PM
Good amps last a LONG time too.

Over the length of time you'll own it its money saved if you are happy with it.

I am about halfway through building a Marshall JCM800 50watt tube head clone.

The parts alone have run just under $500.

This is without any speakers and nothing for the cabinet the amp will sit in yet.

Any 50 watt tube head built with anything decent should end up costing $800 or more I'd think. After you add in labor, and profit.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 13 2008, 12:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 12 2008, 11:09 PM) *
Any 50 watt tube head built with anything decent should end up costing $800 or more I'd think. After you add in labor, and profit.

I agree. Tube design is expensive, specially because of trannies and bulky electronics involved. Low prices on guitar amps, mean they are cut in every corner, have bad design, and done in mass production. The bigger the mass production - the harder is to maintain a good all-around quality.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:10 PM