Ever Started Something, And wish you hadn't?
Phil66
Nov 18 2017, 11:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, my "studio" has evolved over the years. My desk is open backed, a chrome frame with a top on so you can see all the cables going down the back. You know how it is, you get new equipment, you put the cables in the easiest route and, boom, job done, but after a few years, you have a spider's web of cables.

I made a wooden back plate, cut an inch relief along the bottom leaving two inches at each end, this was to allow cables to get from the various units to the mains block with the cables being hidden behind the board.

Ok, this half hour job didn't happen. Two hours in, three changes of mind and I'm past the point of no return, my room looks like a bomb site, I realised some cables weren't long enough to go all the way down to the floor and back to the mains block, some "guitar" leads weren't even connected at each end rolleyes.gif

Now tomorrow, I have at least the same amount of time to spend. I wanted to record stuff for Todd's quick licks, the collab and my own thread with Gab, that isn't going to happen.

I wish I'd just ripped it all out and started from scratch. Would have been quicker and neater.

Oh well.

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Phil66   Ever Started Something   Nov 18 2017, 11:47 PM
- - bleez   QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 18 2017, 10:47 PM) , ...   Nov 19 2017, 12:17 PM
|- - jstcrsn   QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 19 2017, 12:17 PM) LOL...   Nov 19 2017, 10:04 PM
|- - bleez   QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 19 2017, 09:04 PM) w...   Nov 19 2017, 10:40 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Mertay   Yeah unfortunatly there are some points in studio ...   Nov 19 2017, 03:27 PM
- - Todd Simpson   YUP!!! Happens every time. I usually s...   Nov 20 2017, 07:01 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:25 AM