2 Pages V   1 2 >  
30 Hour Work Out
sigma7
Feb 13 2009, 11:45 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC! im almost done recovering from my fever and I plan to start out with steve vai's 30 hour work out. I already play ten hours a day like steve vai except i have no set organization. it is pretty much just jam. An no I do not have a life, I wish i did though haha. Of course , I will probably lose some motivation along the way. I was hoping somebody can try it with me? Interested?

If anyone is interested, please pm me for the entire workout.

PS Any tips? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Feb 13 2009, 11:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've heard mixed results of this one.. Some get bored to tears while others love it tongue.gif

Tips: Bring food? tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Feb 14 2009, 12:07 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
What is the 30 hour workout exactly?

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Feb 14 2009, 12:11 AM
I would if I had the time. I'll do in the summer if you ever feel like doing it again, because I would definetly need someone else doing with me.

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Feb 14 2009, 12:12 AM
It sounds cool but what is it exactly ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Feb 14 2009, 12:40 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
yeah i am really intrigated, what is it ?

This post has been edited by bladzerok: Feb 14 2009, 12:40 AM

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 14 2009, 12:49 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Google doesn't hurt...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Feb 14 2009, 12:52 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Found this page, tells you a little bit about it. I'd like to try that sometime, but I can't see it happening until the summer.

+Quote Post
sigma7
Feb 14 2009, 01:35 AM
it steve vai's viscous work out it combines finger exercises to scales to jamming, it is epic

it is meant for the guitarists who really want to master the guitar wutever that means

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 14 2009, 02:53 AM
Instructor
I believe it's very good nonetheless
but maybe you don't have to bother with that,
30 hours thinking of something seems scary to me,
there are endless things to practice anyhow. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
besip
Feb 14 2009, 03:46 AM
There is 2 thing what can happen after the training
1.or you gonna improve a lot
2.or you gonna get Crazy laugh.gif

don't worry i'm jelaus becouse i'm injured and allready don"t playing now more like month mad.gif i'm have like 3 weaks new Jackson Sl2 but play over the baby just 1-2 hour maybe tongue.gif

hope the point 1 will be your case cool.gif
and like Canis set..don't forgot eat and drink biggrin.gif
GL

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
sigma7
Feb 14 2009, 05:04 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Feb 13 2009, 09:46 PM) *
There is 2 thing what can happen after the training
1.or you gonna improve a lot
2.or you gonna get Crazy laugh.gif

don't worry i'm jelaus becouse i'm injured and allready don"t playing now more like month mad.gif i'm have like 3 weaks new Jackson Sl2 but play over the baby just 1-2 hour maybe tongue.gif

hope the point 1 will be your case cool.gif
and like Canis set..don't forgot eat and drink biggrin.gif
GL

I already am crazy...seriously haha you can ask any of my friends

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Feb 14 2009, 05:18 AM
Learning Roadie
I thought the topic was 30 hour work WEEK and jumped in to say I'm all for it. Moving along now.....

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 14 2009, 08:54 AM
That looks quite entertaining. I might try it during my vacation this summer.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Feb 14 2009, 10:36 AM
my winter vacation from school ends this monday so I dont have time for it right now, but I can do it with you in the summer if you want to smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 14 2009, 01:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Workout seems interesting...Maybe you want to stretch it more then 3 days ?? But then it wouldn't be so crazy smile.gif)

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jollygreengiant1
Feb 14 2009, 02:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
sure, ill give it a go

+Quote Post
gaby_arg
Feb 14 2009, 03:42 PM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Feb 14 2009, 01:04 AM) *
I already am crazy...seriously haha you can ask any of my friends

Hi !!!... it´s cool see someone with that dedication to the guitar!!..y have the Steve Vai - 30-hour Path To Virtuoso...and books from Guthrie Govan, satriani petrucci .gilbert and the troy stetina colection wich in my opinion is the best......first of all y recomend you ...!Speed Mechanics from troy stetina...y think is the BIBLE FOR SHREDING GUITAR....and Guthrie Govan - Creative Guitar 2 - Advanced Techniques....wich has exercices much more demanding than the vai books....but the reason for this topic is that you say you don´t have life doing that...y think that you really love playing guitar all of us love it....but every discipline dosn,t have to take you all the time you have...y have a friend who recently gradute from medicine and he has one of the best notes in his carrer (studying all the days more than 8 hours).....he told me thaht doing that cost him problem of healt like......he lost a lot of weight, he became budist, and had problem to socialize with new people..and of course is taking medicenes.....he and you aren´t crazy, just put all of you in one thing and this is not good.....it really can make you fell frustrated for not being as good as steve vai or someone !....y tell you this because y want to try give you a new opinion or a new way of see things....it would be nice some of the instructor here who are very profesional say their opinion or the way they took practice without leaving others thinks like going out or other activitis less demaning for letting the brain help and take out the frustration.......hope no one take this post ofensive or something like that...y consider all of you partners of a same hobby or passion....and my idea is all of us healping each others.....sorry for my english.....hope this help you and hope someone aport to this idea!.......good luck friend !!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 14 2009, 03:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (gaby_arg @ Feb 14 2009, 10:42 AM) *
Hi !!!... it´s cool see someone with that dedication to the guitar!!..y have the Steve Vai - 30-hour Path To Virtuoso...and books from Guthrie Govan, satriani petrucci .gilbert and the troy stetina colection wich in my opinion is the best......first of all y recomend you ...!Speed Mechanics from troy stetina...y think is the BIBLE FOR SHREDING GUITAR....and Guthrie Govan - Creative Guitar 2 - Advanced Techniques....wich has exercices much more demanding than the vai books....but the reason for this topic is that you say you don´t have life doing that...y think that you really love playing guitar all of us love it....but every discipline dosn,t have to take you all the time you have...y have a friend who recently gradute from medicine and he has one of the best notes in his carrer (studying all the days more than 8 hours).....he told me thaht doing that cost him problem of healt like......he lost a lot of weight, he became budist, and had problem to socialize with new people..and of course is taking medicenes.....he and you aren´t crazy, just put all of you in one thing and this is not good.....it really can make you fell frustrated for not being as good as steve vai or someone !....y tell you this because y want to try give you a new opinion or a new way of see things....it would be nice some of the instructor here who are very profesional say their opinion or the way they took practice without leaving others thinks like going out or other activitis less demaning for letting the brain help and take out the frustration.......hope no one take this post ofensive or something like that...y consider all of you partners of a same hobby or passion....and my idea is all of us healping each others.....sorry for my english.....hope this help you and hope someone aport to this idea!.......good luck friend !!! smile.gif

+1 The stetina books are absolutely phenomenal, I live by them biggrin.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Feb 14 2009, 04:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
IM going for it!

in 2 weeks im having a week off school so im htting that work out!

i need to plan it first

thanks for posting this is a great idea!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:12 AM