Bending Trouble
besip
May 24 2008, 07:35 PM
GMC:er
Hi alll cool.gif

I'm have question
actualy i'm all ready ask about this on instructor forum but i'm wana know what you guys thing and how you do rolleyes.gif

actualy i'm have problem with brb{bend reverse bend} or with vibrato when im bending
usualy i'm hit also the lower note and no mute well..actualy when i'm just bending withour release or vibrato on bend i'm don't have problem becouse i'm was mute after bend with right palm..but in case when i'm release bending is not ok to use form me right hand so what i'm trying to do is mute those lower string with index finger but i'm not doing good job there..i'm not sure if thats just my bad technique or anything else

today i'm find other way to do that and thats is realy pay attention to move the fingers when bending under the lower note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c9UqbkjC6k

i'm was try it and looks like thats work for me but my fingers are in hell biggrin.gif and i'm not sure if this technique is recomendet??

actualy what i'm asking here is..let me know what you thing is best way to mute those string when doing bend release bend????
how you doing the muting???
actualy any reply about this can help

Thanks guys--Rene cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 24 2008, 08:01 PM
Instructor
in the same finger what you are using to bend also its mute the string by touching it and keep it muted

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
besip
May 24 2008, 08:17 PM
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ May 24 2008, 03:01 PM) *
in the same finger what you are using to bend also its mute the string by touching it and keep it muted

ok looks like your technique is similar to technique to the guy from yotube link

thanks for reply man cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: May 24 2008, 08:19 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 24 2008, 08:24 PM
Instructor
yes the link you tube can help you too much thats the best way to mute the strings when you bending notes
have a nice day besip.

+Quote Post
besip
May 24 2008, 09:14 PM
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ May 24 2008, 03:24 PM) *
yes the link you tube can help you too much thats the best way to mute the strings when you bending notes
have a nice day besip.

i'm have work on that..bend is not problem..but reverse bend when i'm do back to the basic position made me still ring the lower string rolleyes.gif ..the key is probalyy touch the lower string all the time with top of the fingers..and i'm have work on that

anybody else with his way??? smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 25 2008, 04:08 PM
Instructor
You can mute the string with both right and left hand Besip. If you mute it with left hand, withe the fingers you are doing the bending you can slightly touch the other strings that doesn't supposed to be ringing. Also with the right hand the lower strings.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 25 2008, 05:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 25 2008, 12:08 PM) *
You can mute the string with both right and left hand Besip. If you mute it with left hand, withe the fingers you are doing the bending you can slightly touch the other strings that doesn't supposed to be ringing. Also with the right hand the lower strings.

+1 cool.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
besip
May 25 2008, 08:26 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 25 2008, 11:08 AM) *

yeaahh i'm have work on that..i'm find my self to do that right like you telling me..i'm trying touch the G string when i'm bending B but somethime when i'm release the bend and my fingers go to back to normal position..the G string is ring

i'm was try to find the poitn when the string is start ringing and i'm was find this..when my fingers slightly touching the G and i'm start release the bend and my fingers leaving the G then the string is ring.....i'm leave the muting of G probbaly soon and whats happen then is probbaly this--the string is jump little to her basic position and thats made the sound..i'm not sure if thats normal becouse 1 my friend tell me he do this same way but his string is ok..

actualy what i'm have probaly to do is touch the g string longer until she's coming to straight position

thanks for reply guys!!!!! i'm will gonna work on that cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: May 25 2008, 08:27 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
May 26 2008, 04:45 AM
well i'm probaly now find out for sure whats happen biggrin.gif
so in case when i'm bending and release B string i'm was not making sound the G but D

so like you Ivan set there shoot coming the right hand job.

hope i'm not find anything else biggrin.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:50 PM