4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Grappa's Bootcamp, You Walk The Path of The Warrior!
Grappa
May 9 2017, 08:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Sarge,

See my go at DP with economy string crossing.

Let me know.

Si

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 9 2017, 09:39 PM
GMC:er
BINGO!!!!! Well fought Soldier!! Just to make it tough the lick is "Assymetrical" and not quite evenly balanced which makes it feel like you almost have to fight the timing to get it to line up. You did a great job on it!!! Let's debrief.

MEDALS OF HONOR

*Legato and Pizzicato: You did a great job of the "Tripeggio"technique using legato and you did a great job picking every note. Doing it both ways forces your hand to adapt in ways that it might not otherwise have had to. Also it allows you to find your path for traversing strings. Well done!

*Synch O Patience: Your right/left hand synch is very tight and this type of lick will really not work unless it's really tight. If your synch drifts, this lick will make it stick out like a sore thumb! Your synch is spot on and smooth as glass!

*Traversely Traversing: The string traverse in this lick is tough, especially once you start multi picking!! you found a great balance of AP and EP and the result is a well played lick that rings with precision.

In short you just, LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Grappa @ May 9 2017, 03:37 PM) *

Sarge,

See my go at DP with economy string crossing.

Let me know.

Si

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 9 2017, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
Grappa
May 14 2017, 12:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Sarge,

Hope all is well.

Please find my go at AP16.. Starting to feel a little more fluid now.

Let me know.

Si

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2017, 02:48 AM
NICE!!! This Mission is all about maintaining your balance, as it were, while dancing across 3 strings. There is ample chance to choke at any point along the way. The picking, the hand synch, the traverse, the mute, any slip up on any of these and it sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb. In other words, any mistakes are glaring. You may have noticed this as you worked on the mission. You just can't hide any faulty bits. That said, there was no need for you to hide any faulty bits as you were SPOT ON in your playing!!! You have a very good command of string traverse, hand synch and picking.

I want to push you a bit farther again. Give me this same thing, but do it DOUBLE PICKED!!! This may force you to slow down a pinch but that is OK. It will feel a bit different doing two strikes instead of one per note. But it's worth doing. Double picking over a 3 string traverse is a great way to work your picking!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Grappa @ May 14 2017, 07:16 AM) *
Sarge,

Hope all is well.

Please find my go at AP16.. Starting to feel a little more fluid now.

Let me know.

Si

+Quote Post
Grappa
May 18 2017, 08:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Sarge,

Here's my go at double and quad picking the above.

DP

QP

Let me know what you think..

Regards,

Si

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 20 2017, 04:44 AM
This is what I like to see Soldier!!!! Precision and steady, solid, playing. This is a tough bit to play, not to mention trying to play them using Multi Picking! Never the less, you dug in deep and really showed what you are made of!! Let's debrief!...

MEDALS OF HONOR

*MULTI PICKING FROM HELL: You were spot on in your double and your quads. This lick requires you to traverse 3 strings!! This is hard enough, but then to add doubles and quads on top! It's a monster. You slayed the beast Soldier!

*SYNCH FROM HELL: Not once did I hear you slip synch. Despite the traversing, despite the crazy picking, your synch was dead on!

*MUTING FROM HELL: You didn;'t live your mute once!!! Every note is separate and distinct. Sometimes folk let's then blend together to try to hide bits that are needing work. NOT YOU! Every note properly muted and distinct.

In short Soldier, you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Grappa @ May 18 2017, 03:52 PM) *
Sarge,

Here's my go at double and quad picking the above.

DP

QP

Let me know what you think..

Regards,

Si

+Quote Post
Grappa
Aug 19 2018, 10:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

Back in the game again at last after a long layoff.

Here's my go at AP17 - I'm a little on the rusty side smile.gif

Let me know what you think.

Si

This post has been edited by Grappa: Aug 19 2018, 10:34 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2018, 03:23 AM
Welcome Back!!!!!!

NICE!!!! This is exactly what I want you to get out of this one. Controlled Alternate Picking with a good palm mute that keeps each note separate and distinct. It's easy to want to push this one too hard and end up in sloppsville, which is a band thing. The good news is that you keep it under control and play with precision!! Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*PALM DANDY: Nice palm muting!! This is critical on a lick like this as it's non stop string traverse. If one fails to mute properly, you get just wads of string noise and it heads again towards slop. Not so here. You keep a good mute the entire time and each note is distinct.
*SYNCH LIKE A CLOCK: You have very good hand synch on this one which is great because this is NOT an easy one to keep synch on. It's got a lot of notes in it so it's very easy to lose ones place and pick a note that you are not fretting. The right and left hands can get separated and the results sound bad. Not so again! Here you show a great example of one hand talking to the other.
*PACE NOT RACE: Poor pacing can wreck this lick as well. It's easy to rush the bits that seem easier and then lag the bits that feel more complex. You did a great job of keeping it nice and even. Smooth as glass.
In short you KRUSHED it!!!! You are more than ready for what lay ahead! Onward!!!
Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (Grappa @ Aug 19 2018, 05:21 PM) *
Hi Sarge,

Back in the game again at last after a long layoff.

Here's my go at AP17 - I'm a little on the rusty side smile.gif

Let me know what you think.

Si

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 23 2018, 01:58 AM

+Quote Post
Grappa
Oct 11 2019, 10:20 PM
Learning Roadie
I feel the need - the need for speed!

Time to get back on the horse again..

I'll have a go again over the next week and away we go again.

Si

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2019, 04:37 AM
Go for it Soldier!!!!

Sarge
QUOTE (Grappa @ Oct 11 2019, 05:20 PM) *
I feel the need - the need for speed!

Time to get back on the horse again..

I'll have a go again over the next week and away we go again.

Si

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:38 PM