Toxicity [ 2 ] ** [25.00%]
One [ 2 ] ** [25.00%]
Toxicity + Ending Part Of One [ 4 ] ** [50.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
VIRUS
Apr 27 2006, 04:28 AM
GMC:er
Alright. Me and my buddy recently gota bass player, and now we have almost a full band (with the exception of singer and/or rhythm guitarist)

Anyway, the question is, we are doing the talent show this year, and we wanna put on a great show, but we don't know what to play. The kids at school want to hear System of a Down - Toxicity, (40 kids wanted to hear it), and we wanna make it also fun for us,... you know something we like....and we wanted to do Metallica - One, mostly because there is a kick a$$ solo in it, and another band is competing in the talent show, and we want to win.

Another thing is we only have a 5 minute time limit.

If we do toxicity, the kids will probably go crazy, giving us a huge plus with the judges, and if we do one, hardly anyone will know it, because mostly all the kids at our school are preppys that only listen to new style music (MTV and stuff)

We were also thinking that we should learn both and play whichever sounds best in the long run

We ask people advice, some say play whatever the kids wanna hear and others say, just go out and have fun. So what should we do... Toxicity or One.... Or better yet... Toxicity leading into the last part of one.......

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 27 2006, 06:16 AM
GMC Founder
"Toxicity + Ending Part Of One" Sounds like a good compromise.

i would definately go for the one the audience likes, provided you can play it as good a one! smile.gif

/Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Apr 27 2006, 09:19 PM
150 people voted for one and like 120 voted for toxicity. We are thinking if we do one that we should do the KORN cover version (5 minute song)
I really want to do one now that i saw how many people exactly wanted to hear it, plus i love the solo and it is fast, so if we do it, we could more then likely win because of the KILLER SOLO.

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Apr 27 2006, 09:57 PM
out of those 2 I would say one but if it was my band I wouldn't play any of those. Those 2 songs are focusing in on teenagers. If you play somethign like thunderstruck, everyone knows the song including older people. And its an awsome tune. IMO if you want to blow everyones socks off play an old well known song.

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Apr 27 2006, 10:44 PM
We are only thinking abut those songs because thats the only thing the kids in our school like, and we want to get them pumped and stuff

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:24 PM