> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Mtp January Thread - Zion
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2010, 08:01 PM
Instructor
Hello Zion! This is our MTP thread for January. It would be great if you can post here some of your objectives for this month and maybe some possible REC takes.

Gabriel.-

THIS MONTH'S REC PROGRAM LESSON

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 4 2010, 09:47 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 4 2010, 08:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow.. to tell you the truth i haven't actually thought about goals for this month..

I dont really feel like i am 'there' yet with my bending, vibrato and speed, so this is a continuous goal of mine..

Other than that I am currently trying to learn the major scale, but I am finding it a bit difficult to put the scale to proper "use", so perhaps this could be an idea..

Also, more rhythm could be cool as well..
But, really, if there is anything in my playing you think need improving, then I am definately open to suggestions..

for a rec video, this could be a possibility --> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/mixing_the_mixolydian/

It has a lot of bending, and i *really* love the overall sound and phrasing of it.. i must confess though that I have already tried it before, so it might be considered "cheating", although i think with my new and improved bending and vibrato technique will make it better than before..

edit
more possible rec takes:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The_tasty_etude/ this is just plain beautiful.. bends and vibrato lesson

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Jan 4 2010, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2010, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Assignment 1:
Well Zion. During this week we will divide your time in technique and theory. Regarding your technique I want you to continue practicing our previous assignments (bending, vibrato & alternate picking). This should take half of the time that you have to play every day.

The other part of the assignment will be to study this lesson based on major scale (ionian) + major triads. This will help you to learn the major scale in the correct way and knowing exactly which are the most important notes and which are the different tensions. This week you'll learn the scale and play a triad inversion every time that you play a triad/chord note. You must to be extremely concentrated when you practice. I'm not interested in receiving this take at the same tempo than the lesson but you have t understand what you are playing. Pay attention to the notes that you are playing, the intervals, the different triads.

ASSIGNMENT 1

PS: I added our REC LESSON for this month in the first post! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 4 2010, 10:10 PM
Learning Roadie
sounds good..

There will be a lot of hard work to be done.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2010, 02:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 4 2010, 06:10 PM) *
sounds good..

There will be a lot of hard work to be done.. biggrin.gif

yeah! but if you take this patiently you'll love the results! You can start playing only the triads (major triads). Then you can add the other scale notes (2nd, 4th, 6th & 7th).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 6 2010, 09:57 PM
Learning Roadie
I have been practicing tonight and I want your opinion on how i do it..

I have only been working on the first position in the lesson, and what i have been doing is of course play it as it is in the tabs, but every time i hit a triad (or actual C-chord), i say out loud what note each string is.. so first triad is for example: G-C-E, second is C-E-G.. i go all the way down and back up again doing the same thing on the way back.. when i finish on the C note, i just pass through every C note i have been through just for fun to further imprint the root note even more..

Is this a proper way to do it, or did you have something else in mind?

ps. haven't begun practicing the rec take yet

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2010, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Hello Zion! This is a very interesting way to study this. It's very important to know the notes that you are playing and also its relationship to the root. So it would be very good if you also know which interval it is. This will allow transpose the scale and continue knowing this relationship.
If your know this relationship then it will be easier to form chords and also to learn the modes or other scales that contains major triads.

Gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 7 2010, 10:14 PM
Learning Roadie
ah... okay..

so i guess i should really be working on intervals and count instead.. like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1.. .. .. etc. and at every triad say what interval that are currently playing.. for example the first triad being 5,1,3 and second triad being 1,3,5?

so if i understand you correctly this will make it much simpler to create more advanced chords later on, like saying.. "okay, if i want to do a minor chord i just lower the 3rd", and since i know the intervals it will be easier and faster to do (which makes perfect sense really)

do you by chance have any "written" exercises that could help do this as well?

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Jan 7 2010, 10:16 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2010, 03:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 7 2010, 06:14 PM) *
ah... okay..

so i guess i should really be working on intervals and count instead.. like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1.. .. .. etc. and at every triad say what interval that are currently playing.. for example the first triad being 5,1,3 and second triad being 1,3,5?

so if i understand you correctly this will make it much simpler to create more advanced chords later on, like saying.. "okay, if i want to do a minor chord i just lower the 3rd", and since i know the intervals it will be easier and faster to do (which makes perfect sense really)

do you by chance have any "written" exercises that could help do this as well?

Exactly! That's what I mean and that's the objetive! I'll search if I have written exercises. However it's very helpful to develope this by your own concentrated in your guitar fretboard. You can maybe check Ramiro's Fretboard recognizing lesson for some extra info!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 8 2010, 07:58 PM
Learning Roadie
i will continue to do it this way.. It's just that in my mind it seems that i am learning the "pattern" a lot slower.. this might be because i am actually learning the intervals as well.. i dont know.. the progression just seems slower than what i am usually expecting, but maybe the payoff will be that much bigger..

I am still only at the first pattern, so i can easily see myself doing this lesson the entire month (and maybe more), before i am completely confident in the major scale.. (which is okay really, if this is the correct way to learn it)

i'll check out Ramiros lesson as well.. thanks for your feedback..

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 10 2010, 05:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is this weeks lesson

I didn't get very far with this lesson.. Only the first part of the lesson, because i really wanted to get this right and understand it correctly.. Furthermore this is "only" 70bpm, but again, speed wasn't the aim of the lesson..

While "we" are done with this lesson in the MTP i will continue on with the lesson, so i can complete it properly..

enjoy..

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 13 2010, 08:14 PM
Learning Roadie
hey mate..

Just wanted to hear whats up? haven't heard from you a while..

Cheers,
David

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2010, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Hello Zion! I'm here! You did a very good job this week. There is nothing to remark in this take. You just have to continue working on the following positions. So here we go with the second assignment for this month.

Assignment 2:
As I want you to continue working on the major scale harmonized in triads we will go for an easy rocker lesson for this week to train your rhythmic abilities and also to incorporate to your playing the combination of lead + rhythm guitar in the same song.
The lesson is Cirse's most Slash Style song called "Mentiras" so I think that you'll really enjoy it. It has a cool main riff very influenced by Paradise City but also by other modern rock bands like Jane's addiction.
This is the link to the lesson: LINK

I hope that you enjoy it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 13 2010, 11:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome lesson.. You must be a great band live.. wish i could see ya perform someday..

I like how you say this is an "easy rocker".. I would never even consider this lesson as it seems way too difficult for me, but this is one of the things i like about the MTP.. i get challenged with things i might not try by myself..

We'll see how it goes.. it's my kind of style, so perhaps it'll work out just fine.. we'll see.. laugh.gif

edit: oh, btw.. could you post the backing?

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Jan 13 2010, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2010, 05:09 AM
Instructor
I'm glad that you like it! Here you have the backing...
Attached File  Backing_track_109.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 156

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 15 2010, 08:31 PM
Learning Roadie
wow.. this is really difficult.. I cant seem to get the rhythm right..

and i can already foresee that the fast "licks" will take me down as well..

I'll continue to practice really hard though..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2010, 09:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 15 2010, 04:31 PM) *
wow.. this is really difficult.. I cant seem to get the rhythm right..

and i can already foresee that the fast "licks" will take me down as well..

I'll continue to practice really hard though..

yeah! keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 18 2010, 09:57 PM
Learning Roadie
hey Gabriel

I have been working really hard on this assignment, and i can now almost certainly tell you that i wont be able to make the video at "normal" speed.. I do feel like my speed have improved a little bit over the past week, but I cannot do it fast enough to do a proper video.. I already fail at the intro lick..

i am not sure i want to do a video, where i fail within the first 10 seconds.. sad.gif

-David

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2010, 04:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 18 2010, 05:57 PM) *
hey Gabriel

I have been working really hard on this assignment, and i can now almost certainly tell you that i wont be able to make the video at "normal" speed.. I do feel like my speed have improved a little bit over the past week, but I cannot do it fast enough to do a proper video.. I already fail at the intro lick..

i am not sure i want to do a video, where i fail within the first 10 seconds.. sad.gif

-David

Hello David! It's very interesting to have this situation. Which are the parts that are giving more trouble? Is the riffing or the solo?
There is no problem is you post your entry played over metronome at a slower tempo but I need to have more details about this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 20 2010, 12:45 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 19 2010, 04:20 AM) *
Hello David! It's very interesting to have this situation. Which are the parts that are giving more trouble? Is the riffing or the solo?
There is no problem is you post your entry played over metronome at a slower tempo but I need to have more details about this.

Sorry about the time it took for me to answer you.. I've just gotten sick with fever, and haven't spent a lot of time on the computer..

Well, i think i have the octave part in the beginning down, although i am not sure about the actual strumming (are you just using down strokes?).. I cannot seem to get up to full speed on practically everything after that.. on monday i almost got the first part of the intro "solo", but i seem to be "catching up" rather than playing along.. the other part of the intro solo (up at the 16th fret) is waaay of time.. but this could be because i have mostly been practicing the first part..

I will try to do a video later today depending on how my head feels. I will most likely do a slower one, but what i *can* tell you is that i definately feel that i have progressed a little on my speed.. Just not enough to nail this lesson, i'm affraid..

one last thing.. I was practicing the second part of the intro solo, i cant get the "sound" that you are getting.. maybe it's just a timing issue though (or most likely it is)..

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Jan 20 2010, 12:46 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:08 AM