Equal Pressure
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 6 2011, 10:28 AM
GMC Founder
Being able to play even sounding notes can be extremely important depending on the style of music you want to play. First check out Piotr's new lesson, "Ostinato Etude", and then post a reply to today's topic.

Is it difficult for you to play even sounding notes? Why? Do you currently practice a technique which requires this kind of control?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 6 2011, 08:19 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Wow, great lesson Pitor! I'll have to add this to my "next to learn" folder.

As for dynamics. I think a consistent attack, or being able to control it is very important. Less so with high gain settings, but still important cause if you want to do something that sounds smooth and effortless, it has to be played with even sounding notes. With lower gain, dynamics become a bigger part of the overall "expression" in a tune. So controlling how loudly each note is played (or with what attack) is one of the key elements.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 11 2011, 02:59 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yes this is so important! Especially for fingerstyle players. It's hard at first to get both (or more) plucking fingers to sound equal. But it's a must for a good performance.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:04 PM