3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Discuss, :)
opeth.db
Dec 5 2008, 01:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28065488/

I was happy to see this actually. I thought it was a blatant ripoff.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 5 2008, 02:00 PM
GMC:er
Meh, it's only the main "theme" of satrianis lead there that is similar to the melody, sounds like it could be accidental. Might be ripped of aswell, obviously, but still.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 5 2008, 02:13 PM
What an idiot Satriani is. Just because he isn't famous he wants to take money from a really successful pop act. I really dislike Satriani for this. I hate Coldplay but Satriani is clearly a money grabbing idiot.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 5 2008, 02:45 PM
satriani was there before?

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 5 2008, 03:01 PM
Who says Satch had anything to do with the making of this video?

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 5 2008, 03:06 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Dec 5 2008, 03:01 PM) *
Who says Satch had anything to do with the making of this video?

He's still suing them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28065488/

Also, I totally agree with OrganisedConfusion, it's really silly.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Dec 5 2008, 03:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Dec 5 2008, 03:08 PM
Coldplay are one of my most hatest bands. Everything about them is so boring. They aren't doing anything new or interesting, they are challenging anything. They're so crap.

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Dec 5 2008, 03:16 PM
Well, actually I don`t care about that, let him grab his money:) Good thing for sure that you showed me this beautiful song (by Satriani of course, i hate Coldplay, they`re like total whiners biggrin.gif) i don`t hear it before.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 5 2008, 04:01 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Dec 5 2008, 02:08 PM) *
Coldplay are one of my most hatest bands. Everything about them is so boring. They aren't doing anything new or interesting, they are challenging anything. They're so crap.

It's safe to say I hate them also lol. biggrin.gif

Some rip offs are blatant but that isn't and is quite clearly not. I doubt it'll get through the courts in favour of Satriani.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Matt23
Dec 5 2008, 04:10 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
That is stupid if Satriani is really suing them because of this.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 5 2008, 05:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I'm on the Satriani's side here..He got reasons why he sues them..I'm sure its not JUST the money but moral satisfaction (of course he has to ask for money when he sues for it to make impact)..Also I think he wouldn't sue if it was just a random similarity between two songs, maybe he's got more info on the story...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 5 2008, 05:18 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 5 2008, 11:12 AM) *
Well I'm on the Satriani's side here..He got reasons why he sues them..I'm sure its not JUST the money but moral satisfaction (of course he has to ask for money when he sues for it to make impact)..Also I think he wouldn't sue if it was just a random similarity between two songs, maybe he's got more info on the story...

Im on your team here with this Bogdan.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 5 2008, 05:19 PM
It's a total rip off, screw Coldplay - sue their [socks] off.

Edited for language - Andrew

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 5 2008, 05:23 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Dec 5 2008, 11:19 AM) *
It's a total rip off, screw Coldplay - sue their balls off.

/agreed

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Duncan
Dec 5 2008, 05:30 PM
Also to add: If I Could Fly is a really, really good song.

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Dec 5 2008, 05:47 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Dec 5 2008, 06:19 PM) *
It's a total rip off, screw Coldplay - sue their balls off.

Yeah, man... Money has got nothing to do with this, Satriani has more money,
than this group of girls will ever have... You can hear from a mile away, that that's a
rip off...

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Dec 5 2008, 06:15 PM
Sue their asses off.. please.

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 5 2008, 06:16 PM
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Dec 5 2008, 04:47 PM) *
Yeah, man... Money has got nothing to do with this, Satriani has more money,
than this group of girls will ever have... You can hear from a mile away, that that's a
rip off...

Coldplay have much more money unfortunately than Satriani I think you'll find. They play big arena tours constantly and he is supposedly retiring now so he has made a huge amount in Coldplay. The song isn't a rip off. Using the same chord progression isn't ripping it off and they don't play his guitar line. He is just trying to cash in. There aren't many possibilities in music so some things will sound similar.

Satriani is a money grabbing idiot and I actually detest him now. It's disgraceful even if I want Coldplay to never release a new song. Satraini is just jealous that Coldplay made millions on the same chord progression that he made bugger all with.

If you can sue someone for that then I can name about 50 songs that rip off other artists in a similar way.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 5 2008, 06:17 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 5 2008, 07:05 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 5 2008, 12:16 PM) *
Coldplay have much more money unfortunately than Satriani I think you'll find. They play big arena tours constantly and he is supposedly retiring now so he has made a huge amount in Coldplay. The song isn't a rip off. Using the same chord progression isn't ripping it off and they don't play his guitar line. He is just trying to cash in. There aren't many possibilities in music so some things will sound similar.

Satriani is a money grabbing idiot and I actually detest him now. It's disgraceful even if I want Coldplay to never release a new song. Satraini is just jealous that Coldplay made millions on the same chord progression that he made bugger all with.

Im wondering if he really has anything to do with it? I don't know...

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 5 2008, 12:16 PM) *
If you can sue someone for that then I can name about 50 songs that rip off other artists in a similar way.

50? How about in the thousands. I do agree with you Org but it doesn't make it right. But then again we don't really live in a "right" world do we?

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Duncan
Dec 5 2008, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Dec 5 2008, 06:05 PM) *
But then again we don't really live in a "right" world do we?

Man, that's deep.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:12 PM