Brought My Jvm Home!
deeaa
Jun 18 2013, 05:27 PM
GMC:er

There she sits...

Here's a quick clip I recorded of it, not very high volume, with a vocal mic ~5 feet off:

JVM miked

And here's the exact same clip but only used the amp's D/I output, and mixed in some cabinet simulation from Amplitube:

JVM DI

I really really love this amp...the clips don't do it exactly justice, but it's close enough.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 18 2013, 05:30 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
WOW! Congrats. Its a beauty! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 18 2013, 09:09 PM
Sound really good mate

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Jun 18 2013, 10:13 PM
Congrats on new acquisition! Enjoy the amp.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2013, 10:13 PM
Nice!! I've got that same foot controller BTW. What you controlling with it?

Todd

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 19 2013, 12:00 AM
Sounds cool, looks cool. In fact that whole room looks packed with cool stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
deeaa
Jun 19 2013, 07:00 AM
The midi control I use to replace jvm's own because it lets the Boss se-50 multifx unit to change patch with the jvm channel.
It's the one gripe I have with the amp that it won't send any midi messages. Only receives, so you can't use its own and otherwise very good controller for rack gear as well.

The controller has one button that's really hard to switch and needs a lot of weight to press, I should take it apart and see what's the trouble.

I don't much use fx, but the se-50 mostly provides a little boost between the pre and poweramp, I find that helps to get a more classic and warmer poweramp kick. Noise reduction too. Also some compression if need be, or any fx. It's an old unit but I like it lots even though my fx use is extremely reserved.

And oh, just to clarify, I have had the amp for years already, but I only now brought it home the first time...it has resided at my band facility and had way too little use of late...that's why I brought it home.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 19 2013, 08:59 AM
Instructor
Amp home...Evening gone smile.gif)) Nice one. I was considering the JVM as my next amp but still have many doubts about letting go the Cornford. Deeaa...those few acoustic panels do the job or they rather improve the design of Your room ?biggrin.gif Or...You have some muting material layers on the whole walls surface ?

+Quote Post
deeaa
Jun 19 2013, 11:08 AM
Two of the walls are gypsum with 8" of fiberglass insulation behind, and back wall has a big thick bass trap. Those panels do help a lot, they are specificically acoustic treatment panels and cover much of the ceiling too. It is a very quiet room, no audible echoes...I'm quite happy with it.

Fwiw, the jvm stock is pretty compressed and 'tight' and the mods I did made it sound much warmer and more classic Marshall...easy mods very much worth it.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 19 2013, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (deeaa @ Jun 19 2013, 10:08 AM) *
Two of the walls are gypsum with 8" of fiberglass insulation behind, and back wall has a big thick bass trap. Those panels do help a lot, they are specificically acoustic treatment panels and cover much of the ceiling too. It is a very quiet room, no audible echoes...I'm quite happy with it.

Fwiw, the jvm stock is pretty compressed and 'tight' and the mods I did made it sound much warmer and more classic Marshall...easy mods very much worth it.

Was just aksing cause I had to do my new room from the point "zero" and unfortunately I can put too much money in it because...it's just rented and I have now idea for How long I'll stay there...:/

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Jun 19 2013, 02:30 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2013, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Nice amp man! Congrats! I think that combining the DI and the micked signal could be a good way to get a cool tone. Have you tried it?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
deeaa
Jun 20 2013, 08:51 AM
I think just di and same with a cab sim added to copied track panned hard left right is the way to go, but I will experiment further with a 57 close up, hopefully be able to record without it picking string/picking noises when I play near it.

This post has been edited by deeaa: Jun 20 2013, 08:54 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:47 PM