New to GMC
Doug
Oct 20 2006, 12:13 PM
GMC:er
Hey all,

I just joined GMC yesterday and so far looks like a great site. I picked up the electric guitar a couple of months ago and have been learning form various magazines and DVDs. I am slowly but surely starting to get my fingers to do what I'm telling them to. I would like to be able to play fast and fluidly, although starting so late in the game I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it, so maybe a bit of lead with rythm guitar mixed in. I'm 32 and finally realizing I should have started this a long time ago. I mostly listen to rock/alternative music.
I guess I will take my time and see all the different lessons GMC has to offer to see where my guitar playing leads me.

Doug

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 20 2006, 01:08 PM
GMC Founder
Welcome Doug, biggrin.gif

You will be able to play fast and fluidly if you are determined and ready to put some serious time in it!

/Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Oct 20 2006, 04:52 PM
Welcome!
32 is still young my friend, lots of people take up guitar when they retire! and some do a fine job of it.
Guitar is a life long skill! You will play until death, You dont lose too much ability with age like say, playing sports.

+Quote Post
bricktop
Oct 20 2006, 06:53 PM
welcome! I didn't start unitl 33 and I'm 35 now so I know what you mean about starting younger! Anyway at least we did start! I still wonder what did I do with all my free time in my 20's with no wife and kids?? tongue.gif smile.gif

John

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Oct 21 2006, 03:13 PM
Want to know an interesting stat? I've seen this several times.
When users in guitar forums are asked about age, there is a gap between the early 20's and the early 30's. You will see more active teens, a slight gap, and then more activity again after the early 30's. For some reason, I think people lives get into their career, marriage, having kids and buying a house during that period. Then they re-discover and pick up guitar again in their 30's.

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Oct 21 2006, 05:18 PM
Or even in there mid 40's Like me.

I have been playing just over a couple of years and am fairly confident in my play now, only problems is, starting so late, you start on your own - I now need others to play with. !!!

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
bricktop
Oct 22 2006, 02:54 AM
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Oct 21 2006, 05:18 PM) *
Or even in there mid 40's Like me.

I have been playing just over a couple of years and am fairly confident in my play now, only problems is, starting so late, you start on your own - I now need others to play with. !!!

You are so right, it's hard to find someone to jam with when your older, I'm tempted to goto a coffehouse on open mic night, but I'm in a college town and don't want to be the "old guy" trying to play! There's only one guy at my work who plays well but it's hard to get together and jam. sad.gif

john

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
Doug
Oct 22 2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement!! I will certainly stick to it and keep y'all posted as to my progress.

Kris, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:27 PM