> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Riff Master II: Melodic Death Metal, Lesson By Lian Gerbino
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Siinthd
Apr 6 2019, 08:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Riff Master II: Melodic Death Metal by Lian Gerbino

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2019, 07:30 AM
GMC:er
You had me all the way right up until 42 Seconds in. You have a good handle on that first bit for sure!! Which is saying a lot as it's not an easy bit!! Once you go in to the groove / mute bit at 42 seconds roughtly, you are sorta playing it as a straight up lick and the original is more of a off beat, groove. The original song is playing against the beat and you are playing on top of the beat essentially. It's not a huge thing. But it's one of the subtle bits that makes this song so cool. It's not enough for me to say you need to go back and start over, but I'd say it's worth giving that one section another look. That being said, I think you have shown you can play the string traverse lick that defines this tune and you are ready for the next Rec. Solid 7!
Todd

QUOTE (Siinthd @ Apr 6 2019, 03:10 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2019, 08:56 PM
Instructor
Hi again mate!

This one is also good but I think that there is still room to make it sound tighter. The riffs are ver fast and they require tight right hand picking and muting.

I think that your take sounds a bit dirtier and less precise than Lian’s. Take some time to adjust it, work on smaller blocks and use metronome if it’s necessary.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 8 2019, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

I agree with Gab that your takes sounds a little more blurry than original. It may be the gain amount or type of dynamics response your amp has. It more compressed, less tight. With such a dense drums part it doesn cut through the mix with enough amount of attack. I think some experiments with the tone could do the job.

I see nothing serious here to tweak. there are some minor timing issues at each lick start (after break) but these are common problem while recording.

After 0:42 tehre are a few spot where something tonaly-weird happens after tehse heavy palm mutings. Later it's gone on the same lick. It may be a resting point issue of your right hand i guess. You've fixed it later and worked better smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 8 2019, 12:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:58 AM