2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Need A Name For My Band :o
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 06:15 PM
GMC:er
Guys!! i need your help xd i gonna start a band and i dont have any idea for the name :X

we are a cover band we play. alot of styles like hard rock, rock, metal, punk rock, etc etc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Nov 8 2010, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Dust n' Bust! smile.gif

hahaha, I like this name, but it has no too much sense! LOL

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 06:44 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Nov 8 2010, 05:36 PM) *
Dust n' Bust! smile.gif

hahaha, I like this name, but it has no too much sense! LOL

freaky name biggrin.gif keep shooting

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Nov 8 2010, 07:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Munk Funkys biggrin.gif
Mango Banjo laugh.gif
Under Cover
Arctic Munkys

random words put together make awesome names tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Vaidya @ Nov 8 2010, 06:39 PM) *
Munk Funkys biggrin.gif
Mango Banjo laugh.gif
Under Cover
Arctic Munkys

random words put together make awesome names tongue.gif

xD artic monkeys that already exist but i like the idea of having monkey in the name biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Nov 8 2010, 08:39 PM
GMC Administrator
"Lip Service"- cover band

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 8 2010, 08:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
MonkeyDAthos would actually be a really cool name.
It is much more rewarding to come up with your own name though. Feels like its "yours" you know smile.gif

Have you started writing music? What is it about? smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 8 2010, 07:48 PM) *
MonkeyDAthos would actually be a really cool name.
It is much more rewarding to come up with your own name though. Feels like its "yours" you know smile.gif

Have you started writing music? What is it about? smile.gif

ahah indeed biggrin.gif
i have already start write some backs etc etc, but you see my drummer and bassist are still learing and they said that feel more comfortable with covers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Captain Insaino
Nov 8 2010, 10:11 PM
Ladies and gentle men I would like to introduce you to the finest cover band on the plant...... (in the back ground thumpen drum and bass lick that makes your hair stand on end....).... get on your feet.... put your hands together... (the crowd gets roudy.... and starts chanting.....)..... for your pleasure.... THE COCK AND BULLS..... lights and pyro go off to the chugga chugga chugga... of a wall of Marshall full stacks.... haaaarrrr........ mosh pit errupts, and bodies go flyen.....

Yea baby.... I would come see you guys....

--------------------
If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 10:24 PM
QUOTE (Captain Insaino @ Nov 8 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Ladies and gentle men I would like to introduce you to the finest cover band on the plant...... (in the back ground thumpen drum and bass lick that makes your hair stand on end....).... get on your feet.... put your hands together... (the crowd gets roudy.... and starts chanting.....)..... for your pleasure.... THE COCK AND BULLS..... lights and pyro go off to the chugga chugga chugga... of a wall of Marshall full stacks.... haaaarrrr........ mosh pit errupts, and bodies go flyen.....

Yea baby.... I would come see you guys....

XDDD oh god, that just made my day

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 8 2010, 10:32 PM
Learning Roadie
HeavyMix
MonkeyMix tongue.gif

I dunno...hahaha

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 8 2010, 10:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Me and a buddy were thinking of naming our band using the military alphabet. We took letters from our names and converted it into military jargon. So the letters "E" and "T" would be "Echo Tango". Thats a name we're tossing up right now, so you can't take it tongue.gif You can find the military alphabet here: http://www.militaryspot.com/resources/item/military_alphabet

I think a good characteristic for a band name is for it to be ambiguous. You don't want people prejudging your music before they've even heard it. If you have a band name like "Death Mountain" people are already gonna know what to expect tongue.gif That would be a cool name for a jazz band however smile.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 8 2010, 11:14 PM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 8 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Me and a buddy were thinking of naming our band using the military alphabet. We took letters from our names and converted it into military jargon. So the letters "E" and "T" would be "Echo Tango". Thats a name we're tossing up right now, so you can't take it tongue.gif You can find the military alphabet here: http://www.militaryspot.com/resources/item/military_alphabet

I think a good characteristic for a band name is for it to be ambiguous. You don't want people prejudging your music before they've even heard it. If you have a band name like "Death Mountain" people are already gonna know what to expect tongue.gif That would be a cool name for a jazz band however smile.gif

wow cool, ty : D for the site i'll have my band member check'it also

QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 8 2010, 09:32 PM) *
HeavyMix
MonkeyMix tongue.gif

I dunno...hahaha

ohmy.gif heavy monkey!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 9 2010, 12:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Sounds cool cool.gif Heavy Monkey. Is that what you will use? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 9 2010, 12:11 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Monkey See, Monkey Do

since you're a cover band haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 9 2010, 12:48 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 8 2010, 11:01 PM) *
Sounds cool cool.gif Heavy Monkey. Is that what you will use? wink.gif

maybe!! biggrin.gif gotto speak with my band members

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ezyryder
Nov 9 2010, 12:49 AM
I always thought a cool name for a band would be Sweaty Leather :/ ?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 9 2010, 01:13 AM
QUOTE (Ezyryder @ Nov 8 2010, 11:49 PM) *
I always thought a cool name for a band would be Sweaty Leather :/ ?

dont ask me why but that reminds me of a 80 hair metal band name xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ezyryder
Nov 9 2010, 02:04 AM
Heheh, for sure dude now that I think about it, that does sound like a hair metal band's name

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 9 2010, 04:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 8 2010, 06:15 PM) *
Guys!! i need your help xd i gonna start a band and i dont have any idea for the name :X

we are a cover band we play. alot of styles like hard rock, rock, metal, punk rock, etc etc

i am going to add 2 ideas together ,ad since you like monkeys in the title
Service monkeys

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:16 PM