Usb Pedal Controller, For Amplitude/Overloud/etc.
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2013, 07:48 AM
GMC:er
Also out of NAMM 2013 Ikmultimedia is releasing a spiff looking USB connected foot controller with a wah/volume pedal built in that will control any software VST guitar software. It's not an audio interface, just a controller, so meant to work with laptop/desktop. With this thing and a laptop and portable interface, you've got a gig ready rig smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 25 2013, 04:10 AM
Wicked!! I'd love to hook this up via MIDI to my keyboard for live shows, or to just make recording easier. Thanks for sharing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2013, 07:50 AM
I really want one myself smile.gif I think street price will be around $200. So reasonable pricing as a bonus wink.gif

Todd

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 24 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Wicked!! I'd love to hook this up via MIDI to my keyboard for live shows, or to just make recording easier. Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 26 2013, 03:11 AM
$200? Wow, if it has good MIDI compatibility and is as well constructed as it looks, that would be a STEAL!! I could use it to change patches on my Nord without having to lose a playing hand, and the expression pedal allows me to fade in compression, delay, rotary, anything. Oh man, now I'm excited to see this! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 26 2013, 04:49 AM
This is pretty cool. I thought that it kind of sucks that you can't use your computer effects like a pedal in real life and just kick it on and off while playing. (unless there is another way which I would love to know. smile.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2013, 03:13 PM

GOOD NEWS!!!!

What you are talking about is using computer based effects in live/recording work which is being done all the time now smile.gif Matter of fact, you could use this very product to do just that as long as you brought a laptop with your emulators and added an interface JUST LIKE IN THE VIDEO!! They add a STEAL PEDAL which is a USB audio interface and a second expression pedal so Volume and Wah using both pedals. Watch near the end of the vid.

This is the wave of the very near future believe it or not smile.gif We are starting to see Mobile devices (ipod/ipad/android tablet) being used as the "Brain" of a live fx rig. There rae foot controllers that let you run your ipad with JAM UP as if it were an Axe Fx type of device. (NOT SAYING IT"S EVEN CLOSE IN TERMS OF SOUND) just that its a similar idea, a computing device with a foot controller doing emulation.

Here is a Video about using JAM UP PRO with an Ipad and foot controller for a studio and then LIVE performance. Not great video production, but gives the general idea

This is of course VERY controversial, and "suspect" among an entire generation of players. But then again, man top Mix Engineers were a bit resistant to "Digital" recording waaaaaay back in the day. There's always some resistance to change.

Todd

df
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 25 2013, 10:49 PM) *
This is pretty cool. I thought that it kind of sucks that you can't use your computer effects like a pedal in real life and just kick it on and off while playing. (unless there is another way which I would love to know. smile.gif )

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 26 2013, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:48 PM