The Computer Says, 'no!'
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 4 2012, 04:03 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Thought this might amuse some of you.

I've been working with our ayuntamiento to try and get a grant from the junta to train kids in recording and mixing etc.

Yesterday we started to fill in the on-line application form. We got to the bit about my qualifications and experience and Antonio, the gestor, asked me what mine were. So I told him I had a PhD and D Litt in Philosophy. He sighed and pulled up the drop down box on the form and we looked for them. It woud accept high school certificates, undergraduate qualifications in most subjects, stuff like a teaching diplomas in Basketball, etc. but not mine. So we opted to list me as having an unspecified high school diploma.

We turned to the bits of the form about experience and work sector. So I told him I was an AES registered mastering engineer and had 30 odd years in sound engineering. He sighed even louder and pulled up the next drop down box. Nada. So he opted to list me as a 'general and manual unskilled labour' and put our work sector down as cinema.

So there we have it because the computer says,' No' we are applying for a grant for an unskilled farm labourer with a high school diploma to train people in ciinema.

This is going to look like one very strange grant application.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 4 2012, 04:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 03:03 PM) *

I've been working with our ayuntamiento to try and get a grant from the junta to train kids in recording and mixing etc.

Yesterday we started to fill in the on-line application form. We got to the bit about my qualifications and experience and Antonio, the gestor, asked me what mine were. So I told him I had a PhD and D Litt in Philosophy. He sighed and pulled up the drop down box on the form and we looked for them. It woud accept high school certificates, undergraduate qualifications in most subjects, stuff like a teaching diplomas in Basketball, etc. but not mine. So we opted to list me as having an unspecified high school diploma.

We turned to the bits of the form about experience and work sector. So I told him I was an AES registered mastering engineer and had 30 odd years in sound engineering. He sighed even louder and pulled up the next drop down box. Nada. So he opted to list me as a 'general and manual unskilled labour' and put our work sector down as cinema.

So there we have it because the computer says,' No' we are applying for a grant for an unskilled farm labourer with a high school diploma to train people in ciinema.

Wow! This is just so weird how they had to change everything so computer will say YES!
I would expect them to want people like you with Degrees and the whole set!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 4 2012, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Oh, that is classic !!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 4 2012, 05:07 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Rather dumbs down your experience and knowledge I'd say

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 4 2012, 06:02 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
By the way my wife's reaction to this was, 'Well they've confirmed officially what I've been telling you for years.' laugh.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 4 2012, 06:03 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 05:02 PM) *
By the way my wife's reaction to this was, 'Well they've confirmed officially what I've been telling you for years.' laugh.gif

Haha biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 4 2012, 10:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 06:02 PM) *

our wife's always do have a way of lifting us up,don't they

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 5 2012, 09:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 4 2012, 10:25 PM) *
our wife's always do have a way of lifting us up,don't they

You've gotta stop getting drunk and letting your wife carry you upstairs ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 5 2012, 09:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Move to America. Those qualifications will get you a few million!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 6 2012, 12:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 5 2012, 09:10 AM) *
You've gotta stop getting drunk and letting your wife carry you upstairs ! laugh.gif

lucky for me , my bedrooms on the main floor , but she could if she needed to

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2012, 02:17 AM
GMC:er
Sounds about like an NEA grant here in the states. Built by bean counters. sad.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 4 2012, 11:03 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:32 PM