> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metallica For Beginners, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

n3m57
Sep 20 2015, 05:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Metallica For Beginners by Gabriel Leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Darius Wave
Sep 21 2015, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Hey there! Rhythm part is done quite well - most of it. Power chords sound clean and tight. There are a few timming slips and one of these is understanable - long time in backing track with no click or hi-hat count. When You start to solo over second half, first thing to notice is your vibrato - try to make it more regular - regular vibrato motion and down with the same amount of "bend". Simialar thing with vibrato speed - usually we go for 3 options - constant speed increasement, constant speed decreasement or constant speed through whole ringing time of particular note.

As for the tone I would go for something slightly brigther to make those palm muted riffs more crunchy and powerfull...to get that particular percussive sound besides the low end boost

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 22 2015, 10:00 AM
Instructor
Hi there. Your rhythm work is fairly solid and with good timing.

When you play the E5 chord with palm muting at 0:35, it doesn't sound as chunky as it should. It could be your tone or it could be that your hand is further back towards the bridge and you haven't found the 'sweet spot' for the palm muting. But my guess is that it's the tone you're got.

As Darius said, you need to alter the tone to get more brightness and attack. At the moment, it sounds a bit like ass so try to work on it, if you can.

During the lead section, you are often rushing ahead to get to the next note a bit too early so relax a bit and stay on the beat. You've got some advice from Darius about vibrato as well so if you work on these areas mentioned it will sound much better!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2015, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

As Ben and Darius commented here, the main issues here are timing and bending. Your timing issue becomes more important in the solo section while the rhythm section just need some little adjustment to sound good.

In order to work on this two things, I recommend you to work on smaller blocks focusing on this elements and do some complementary work on this two exercises:

Timing Workout

Bending exercise

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 22 2015, 06:27 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:16 PM