> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Southern Metal Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2013, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Yeeeeehaaaaw!

Alright now partners! Since the Southern Metal lesson was one that I enjoyed very much and I have a hunch you did too, I thoght that this month we can have fun with it!

What you have to do? Simply lay down a solo over the provided backing track and let's make it shine together!

Here are the tech specs:

Tempo: 120 BPM

Scales: E minor pentatonic/ E blues minor

More details on the lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Southern-Metal/

Material format: .WAV or .mp3

- 1 track having only the solo
- 1 track having the solo against the backing track

Deadline: March 25th

Inspiration:

So, saddles ready?

Let's go!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Southern_Metal_BT.mp3 ( 1.79MB ) Number of downloads: 1007

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
mroberts70
Mar 11 2013, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
Headed out after work to buy a "poke" of Red Man chewing tobacco and a 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon for this one.... ph34r.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 12 2013, 09:12 AM
Instructor
So, do I understand you are in, Mr. Roberts? smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 13 2013, 02:32 AM
Well, I just really wanted the chewing tobacco, but yes I'll try to make this one.

laugh.gif

Kidding about the chew, but maybe some PBR would be ok. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 12 2013, 03:12 AM) *
So, do I understand you are in, Mr. Roberts? smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2013, 03:26 AM
Well cool!!!! Count me in smile.gif You gotta have Southern Folks in your Southern Metal Collab!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 11 2013, 09:28 AM) *
Yeeeeehaaaaw!

Alright now partners! Since the Southern Metal lesson was one that I enjoyed very much and I have a hunch you did too, I thoght that this month we can have fun with it!

What you have to do? Simply lay down a solo over the provided backing track and let's make it shine together!

Here are the tech specs:

Tempo: 120 BPM

Scales: E minor pentatonic/ E blues minor

More details on the lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Southern-Metal/

Material format: .WAV or .mp3

- 1 track having only the solo
- 1 track having the solo against the backing track

Deadline: March 25th

Inspiration:

So, saddles ready?

Let's go!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 13 2013, 04:10 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Checkin in from Florida!

Count me in Cosmin.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 13 2013, 05:20 AM
Learning Roadie
That's great, gotta start growing da beard wink.gif

This post has been edited by Jouve: Mar 13 2013, 05:20 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2013, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Alright so it's 5 of us already! Great biggrin.gif We can start a farm together laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 13 2013, 02:19 PM
If you're starting a Farm I wanna drive the Machinery!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 13 2013, 06:01 PM
Here's my first stab... Prolly the last too.. cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/southern-metal-roberts

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Mar 14 2013, 06:53 PM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2013, 08:51 PM
Instructor
Mark...Why, why oh why in the world are you being so hard on yourself man? smile.gif I super enjoyed this take! Hand on heart! I listened a few times biggrin.gif That means it's good!

Congrats man!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 14 2013, 03:25 AM
Wow, I don't know what to say other than I appreciate that... you are too kind sir.

To answer the question.... Why am I so hard on myself? Honestly it is hard for me because I am not a "technical" guitarist, I don't even feel like a beginner. I have a co worker who just picked up the guitar last October and he already knows way more chords than I do yet he tells me that he wants me to teach him how to play. LOL... that's easy, I can tell him all I know in about 3 minutes. The rest is on the fly and by any creative salt I can muster.

I have to plink around like a blind rat in a maze to find where I need to be on the fretboard most of the time. The most I can tell you is a general idea of where each note starts on the frets and that is using the 6th string as my guide.... I don't know all of my chords or scales and I don't mean ALL as in the total number known to man, I mean literally that I only know a handful of chords LOL, and after I played them I probably couldn't name them... I just play by ear and feeling. So pretty pathetic, but when I do have the time to place a guitar in my hands, I don't usually spend that time on theory as it would be a lost cause. I wouldn't be exposed enough for it to stick.

So sometimes these collabs don't come easy to me, however for the creative side I am able to visualize what I want to hear, I'm just not "guitar smart" enough to translate through my fingers to the strings by saying ahhh yes, I can plug in an A Minor here or a G Major there. I need to have the guitar in my hand and just feel around in the dark. I've done this so long that sometimes I am able to fool people into thinking that I know what I am doing... literally like a blind man may know the layout of his house so it seems as if he can see where everything is as he navigates his way through, but if you move a chair he will trip on it.

If I know what key the song is in, like I said I just go to that general area and plink around the strings until it sounds right enough to me.

Now obviously I have a good understanding of some scales, but I don't really grasp any one of them enough to just run them up and down the neck with ease until after I figure out where everything is at that I want to play, or that matches a chord progression.

Now I'm sure I'm not the only person who plays like this, but this best answers your question. smile.gif

I have to play by ear, but most important for me is feeling. This backing for me struck a good feeling although I had a bit of a rough time translating it. I know you had the scale generator with the fret board showing the notes on the collab, and that helps, but I was still having a tough time translating out from my head to the frets.

So, I suppose that is about as deep as I can go with an answer. That is truly where I am at with my guitar playing. So my secret is out, I'm guitar blind! blink.gif

So it's a good thing I only play for fun... biggrin.gif

It means alot when I can actually come up with something that generates a compliment or two... especially since you guys are some top notch guitarists, and I don't mean just the instructors, but my classmates as well. You guys tearing it up is what keeps me motivated to drudge forward.

Thanks again Cosmin. Made my evening smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 13 2013, 02:51 PM) *
Mark...Why, why oh why in the world are you being so hard on yourself man? smile.gif I super enjoyed this take! Hand on heart! I listened a few times biggrin.gif That means it's good!

Congrats man!

Cosmin

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2013, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Mate, if your blindness is the same as the one that this man has:

Then keep being blind and develop the eyes of your ears smile.gif

I think you have chosen a great set of notes, you have a great tone and touch - why don't you work in that direction alongside learning the language of your instrument? You can become very good at it!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 14 2013, 12:33 PM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 13 2013, 06:01 PM) *
Here's my first stab... Prolly the last to.. cool.gif

Good stuff Mark...you'll make a good HillBilly Boooooyyyyy....squeal like a pig boy!! (Deliverance) laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 14 2013, 02:41 PM
That's mostly why I chose to join GMC was to better understand these things. It's a slow process for me... Firstly, I'm slow smile.gif and second, is having the time to study the process. So, whether I get there or not... I still enjoy the collabs and the community.

I have learned a lot from by brethren here. I'm mostly glad to just have other musicians to interract with... that helps me more than anything. wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 14 2013, 04:03 AM) *
Mate, if your blindness is the same as the one that this man has:

Then keep being blind and develop the eyes of your ears smile.gif

I think you have chosen a great set of notes, you have a great tone and touch - why don't you work in that direction alongside learning the language of your instrument? You can become very good at it!

Thanks HB, You'd think that I would be playing a banjo rather than electric guitar. Go figure... huh.gif

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Mar 14 2013, 06:33 AM) *
Good stuff Mark...you'll make a good HillBilly Boooooyyyyy....squeal like a pig boy!! (Deliverance) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Mar 14 2013, 03:03 PM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 14 2013, 09:50 PM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 11 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Headed out after work to buy a "poke" of Red Man chewing tobacco and a 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon for this one.... ph34r.gif

You have just inspired me.......After thinking about some Red Man and listening to that Maylene and the Sons of Disaster song. I'm in, too!

*After playing around over this backing track. This is probably one of my favorite tracks I have jammed over. This is gonna be fun!!!! I think I am gonna have to learn this lesson after this. cool.gif

This post has been edited by vonhotch: Mar 15 2013, 01:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2013, 12:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 14 2013, 08:50 PM) *
You have just inspired me.......After thinking about some Red Man and listening to that Maylene and the Sons of Disaster song. I'm in, too!

*After playing around over this backing track. This is probably one of my favorite tracks I have jammed over. This is gonna be fun!!!! I think I am gonna have to learn this lesson after this. cool.gif

Pure awesomeness biggrin.gif let's see the take!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 15 2013, 01:10 PM
HAHA.... Mail Pouch will work too, it's probably more southern redneck since I've seen that painted on barns across the country. smile.gif Either way, grab yer spittoon and join in man....

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 14 2013, 03:50 PM) *

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2013, 11:37 AM
Instructor
How are the takes going mates? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 16 2013, 06:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Howdy Cosmin!

In between all of my singing extravaganza today, I managed to record something for this collab!

I focused on the metal parts, everything I put over the country parts sounded awful biggrin.gif

Other than that, I subscribe to everything Mark said in his long post...it is exactly the same for me Mark!

https://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/southern-metal-wbt

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Southern_Metal_nbt.mp3 ( 1.82MB ) Number of downloads: 186

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:45 AM