11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Smells Like Winter Video Collab, Instructor/students Video Collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2013, 10:42 PM
Instructor
Hey there merry GMCrs, we're happy to announce that the new 'Smells like Winter Video Collab' is ON!

Because we love the feeling of being surrounded by a small army of players such as the fine folks here at GMC, we decided to start a new joint collab! What better setting than the chilly Winter season spiced up with Christmas flavors? So, grab any Christmas or winter themed item - it can be anything from clothes to your dog dressed as a reindeer biggrin.gif and feature them in your video!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BACKING TRACK

We are going to use the backing track from Piotr' lesson - 'Winter tune' :
Attached File  Winter_Tune_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 2.96MB ) Number of downloads: 928

Tempo : 87 BPM
Key : E minor

As before, three of us - Cosmin, Gabriel and Darius - will support you along the way and if you feel stuck, please post your feedback in this thread or send us a PM!

How to enter this collaboration?

1. Download the backing track and open it in your recording software
2. You can wear something Christmasy or in the Winter mood - really, anything that suits the idea of a great Wintery themed collab
3. Record your part in the recording software and with your video cam (if you have the possibility to record video).
You can record anything - a short fill part, rhythm based ideas, or a full lead part (solo).
4. Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz
5. Render one track containing both solo and backing track in an .mp3 format
6. Send us your video (preferably in .mp4 format)

You can send us the last 3 files mentioned, using a dropbox link, or any other transfer service you are used to, by posting them in this thread or attaching them to a private message.

If you can't submit a video, you can send us only the audio files and some pictures of you - it will work out great as well! The more pictures you send, the better will it be for editing in the final video!

When attaching/sending the collab files, please include the source file of the video as well.

As with the previous 'The league of extraordinary axemen' or 'The Day and Night' Collabs, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD - all styles, approaches and all levels are welcome and you can even play just a short fill if you feel like it!

The whole idea is to get involved and be a part of the big GMC family team!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collab tips:

As in the previous collabs, we want this one to be as strong as possible, as this will give your playing and progress maximum exposure. So here's what we suggest:

Making short but polished and detailed lines will always give you better results. If you focus on a short part of the backing track, then you will most likely amaze yourself and others! No explicit need to play over the full backing track length, pick any amount of bars you feel most comfortable playing over.

It is always better to come up with something short but catchy or memorable!

Check out these lessons for inspiration:

E minor melodic solo - E minor ballad style slow licks
Winter tune - licks that suit the track, done by Piotr

Scales you could use:

E natural minor (E Aeolian)

E minor pentatonic

Remember - the only thing we require is that you participate and be yourself - there are no rules, and no limits!

Deadline: 25th of January 2014.

Participants : Cosmin Lupu, Darius Wave, Gabriel Leopardi, Opetholic, Doug Lane, jstcrsn, bleez, Miguel, Beat Zbinden, wollace03, Sensible Jones, Caelumamittendum, Todd Simpson, Nimrandir, tflava, Renan, Spase Moonkey, Headbanger

Collaboration final mix and comments: click here

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 24 2013, 11:02 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Oh man, what an epic backing track you guys chose for this collab.. This is one of my most favorite lessons at GMC.. I would love to join, only I don't know if I could possibly do any justice to the wonderful backing..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 25 2013, 12:17 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 24 2013, 11:02 PM) *
Oh man, what an epic backing track you guys chose for this collab.. This is one of my most favorite lessons at GMC.. I would love to join, only I don't know if I could possibly do any justice to the wonderful backing..

You should go for it! You can play over any part of the backing, even 1 bar would work smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 25 2013, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
I'm in! This time I'm going to be working on my entry for a good while, I have some surprises in mind for this one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 25 2013, 09:10 AM
Instructor
Alright welcome Mert and Doug! biggrin.gif Everyone is welcome and Mert - by all means man, you are a great player and I am sure that there are absolutely no worries in what regards coming up with something nice, especially that you like this piece biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 25 2013, 09:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm a little camera-shy, but I will try to overcome my fear and post a video.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 25 2013, 12:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 25 2013, 09:43 AM) *
man ,if your camera shy, i speak German

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 25 2013, 02:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Winter is awesome, E minor is awesome..... Im in smile.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 25 2013, 08:43 AM) *

LOL! be brave dude.
There's a tutorial video around here about how to do good collabs.... some crazy guy made it, you should check it out for some tips smile.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Dec 25 2013, 02:24 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 25 2013, 04:22 PM
Instructor
I'll just clear one thing - it's much better when You focus on a short part but with extra thinking and precise workout so You deliver best You can instead of 2 minutes impro tongue.gif Of course improvisations are wellcome as well but we're not able to put such a long runs in a finall vid because probably not much of listeners would be able to go through full 30 minuets video biggrin.gif It's probably obvious but for those who are new to the collabs maybe it will help to choose best part and focus on developing the highest possible performance Your'e able to do smile.gif

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Dec 25 2013, 04:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in! This ist my first collab!

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Dec 25 2013, 04:47 PM

+Quote Post
wollace03
Dec 25 2013, 08:51 PM
I will definitely try this one if I find the time....great backing track - great idea for a collab!

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
Dec 25 2013, 09:14 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have a time limit? Maybe 45 secs maximum?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 25 2013, 09:36 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! It's great to see that we already have many participants. This collabs are getting bigger and bigger!! smile.gif

QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Dec 25 2013, 05:14 PM) *

yes, 45 secs should be enough. Have in mind that we then do some edition to make everybody's takes fit good and work as a complete song. So maybe even less minutes would be ok!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 25 2013, 09:36 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 25 2013, 11:18 PM
QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Dec 25 2013, 09:14 PM) *

Any duration works! smile.gif

Final video presents a mix of all the takes made to form a musical sounding piece together.
My suggestion would be to play as much as you like but not force yourself rather try to come up with a short, yet effective solo/rhythm/fills part as that always works the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 25 2013, 11:52 PM
I'm in!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 26 2013, 05:18 PM
Awesome to have you in guys - this will be an epic collab! smile.gif

Who is going to break the "ice"? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 26 2013, 11:05 PM
Instructor
The important idea is to make a statement with your recording - it really doesn't have to be complicated, as it's more important to be memorable smile.gif So, jstcrsn, bleez Miguel, Beat, wollace and Neil - you guys are on the list tongue.gif Thanks for joining the ranks!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 27 2013, 06:51 AM
You had me at E MINOR!!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 24 2013, 04:42 PM) *
Hey there merry GMCrs, we're happy to announce that the new 'Smells like Winter Video Collab' is ON!

Because we love the feeling of being surrounded by a small army of players such as the fine folks here at GMC, we decided to start a new joint collab! What better setting than the chilly Winter season spiced up with Christmas flavors? So, grab any Christmas or winter themed item - it can be anything from clothes to your dog dressed as a reindeer biggrin.gif and feature them in your video!

BACKING TRACK

We are going to use the backing track from Piotr' lesson - 'Winter tune' :
Attached File  Winter_Tune_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 2.96MB ) Number of downloads: 928

Tempo : 87 BPM
Key : E minor

As before, three of us - Cosmin, Gabriel and Darius - will support you along the way and if you feel stuck, please post your feedback in this thread or send us a PM!

How to enter this collaboration?

1. Download the backing track and open it in your recording software
2. You can wear something Christmasy or in the Winter mood - really, anything that suits the idea of a great Wintery themed collab
3. Record your part in the recording software and with your video cam (if you have the possibility to record video).
You can record anything - a short fill part, rhythm based ideas, or a full lead part (solo).
4. Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz
5. Render one track containing both solo and backing track in an .mp3 format
6. Send us your video (preferably in .mp4 format)

You can send us the last 3 files mentioned, using a dropbox link, or any other transfer service you are used to, by posting them in this thread or attaching them to a private message.

If you can't submit a video, you can send us only the audio files and some pictures of you - it will work out great as well! The more pictures you send, the better will it be for editing in the final video!

When attaching/sending the collab files, please include the source file of the video as well.

As with the previous 'The league of extraordinary axemen' or 'The Day and Night' Collabs, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD - all styles, approaches and all levels are welcome and you can even play just a short fill if you feel like it!

The whole idea is to get involved and be a part of the big GMC family team!

Collab tips:

As in the previous collabs, we want this one to be as strong as possible, as this will give your playing and progress maximum exposure. So here's what we suggest:

Making short but polished and detailed lines will always give you better results. If you focus on a short part of the backing track, then you will most likely amaze yourself and others! No explicit need to play over the full backing track length, pick any amount of bars you feel most comfortable playing over.

It is always better to come up with something short but catchy or memorable!

Check out these lessons for inspiration:

E minor melodic solo - E minor ballad style slow licks
Winter tune - licks that suit the track, done by Piotr

Scales you could use:

E natural minor (E Aeolian)

E minor pentatonic

Remember - the only thing we require is that you participate and be yourself - there are no rules, and no limits!

Deadline: 25th of January 2014.

Participants : Cosmin Lupu, Darius Wave, Gabriel Leopardi, Opetholic, Doug Lane, jstcrsn, bleez, Miguel, Beat Zbinden, wollace03, Sensible Jones

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 27 2013, 12:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello guys i'm also inn!

The previous collabs i didnt saved my guitar wav only file but this time i wont let this happen.

grtzz tim

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Dec 27 2013, 05:23 PM
I'll try to come up with something. Hope I didn't forget how to play guitar as I haven't played for soooo long smile.gif.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:59 AM