Pentatonic Shred Lick
enlo22
Oct 11 2013, 07:38 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey guys, here's a pentatonic Lick i learned from an Andy james video, it took a bit to get used to but i finally feel like i got it. I thought i'd share it with you guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNSbJXqiYqY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 11 2013, 09:58 PM
Instructor
Nice one,well played !

We wait for a new lick wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2013, 11:16 PM
Instructor
That's a killer lick, I like it! There are some sync issues that must be fixed yet but you are very close.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 12 2013, 08:10 AM
Instructor
Aye, indeed mate smile.gif Great lick, but keep working on it at a slower pace in order to get your hands in perfect synch smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Oct 14 2013, 06:22 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 12 2013, 07:10 AM) *
Aye, indeed mate smile.gif Great lick, but keep working on it at a slower pace in order to get your hands in perfect synch smile.gif

thanks cosmin! what pace would you recommend? i find myself being aable to play it easy sometimes and others i can't! that always happens to me, some days i can play something others i cant huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 14 2013, 11:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 14 2013, 06:22 PM) *
thanks cosmin! what pace would you recommend? i find myself being aable to play it easy sometimes and others i can't! that always happens to me, some days i can play something others i cant huh.gif

this happens to me as well, somedays I think I can do this and others I just want to teach my guitar how to fly

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2013, 11:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 14 2013, 02:22 PM) *

This disappears with a diary technique routine. This is not an easy lick and it seems that we need some time to assimilate difficult licks which uses fingering or pick movements that we don't use very much (at least at fast tempo). It's like doing an sport, to be able to go from nothing to your limit you need a constant training.
Technique exercises like the ones from the ITC can help: LINK

You surely experimented this in your beginnings as a guitar player. You pick up the guitar and you couldn't play correctly the things that you could play after some time of practice the previous day. This could happen with pinch harmonics, or just with chord changes. With the pass of time, this became easier and you can do at once.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
enlo22
Oct 15 2013, 12:54 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 14 2013, 10:43 PM) *
This disappears with a diary technique routine. This is not an easy lick and it seems that we need some time to assimilate difficult licks which uses fingering or pick movements that we don't use very much (at least at fast tempo). It's like doing an sport, to be able to go from nothing to your limit you need a constant training.
Technique exercises like the ones from the ITC can help: LINK

You surely experimented this in your beginnings as a guitar player. You pick up the guitar and you couldn't play correctly the things that you could play after some time of practice the previous day. This could happen with pinch harmonics, or just with chord changes. With the pass of time, this became easier and you can do at once.

That's very true Gabriel, I guess We just tend to forget how hard certain things used to be and how naturally they come now, I remember struggling to get a pinch harmonic lol now it just comes naturally and sometimes a little too often hehe we only need one Zakk Wylde in the world... jk!

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Oct 14 2013, 10:33 PM) *
this happens to me as well, somedays I think I can do this and others I just want to teach my guitar how to fly

very true, hopefully that never happens to either of us lol we'll regret throwing it haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2013, 01:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 15 2013, 08:54 AM) *
That's very true Gabriel, I guess We just tend to forget how hard certain things used to be and how naturally they come now, I remember struggling to get a pinch harmonic lol now it just comes naturally and sometimes a little too often hehe we only need one Zakk Wylde in the world... jk!

yeah, Pinch Harmonics are the best example. I remember those ays when doing a pinch harmonics right was a very random possibility... nowadays I can do it whenever I decide it... but even.. it can fail. tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2013, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Ciao Marco - Gabriel is right, so follow his suggestion and practice until this becomes a habit. Usually - me included - we have the tendency to rush into incorporating some things in our playing before we are actually able to use them at our own free will. It is a matter of self control and dedicating enough time to practicing a certain piece or technique until it becomes a natural element.

I am sure that there are some licks that you can play at any given time - right? smile.gif Think a bit and ask yourself why wink.gif How did you manage to get them at THAT level? Try it with this one too!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 21 2013, 09:00 AM
Instructor
Nicely done! Already sounds pretty good! smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Oct 21 2013, 05:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 21 2013, 08:00 AM) *
Nicely done! Already sounds pretty good! smile.gif

THank you darius

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2013, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Hey Marco smile.gif How's it going man? Have you tried any of my suggestions? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Oct 23 2013, 12:02 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 22 2013, 07:51 AM) *
Hey Marco smile.gif How's it going man? Have you tried any of my suggestions? biggrin.gif

yes i have been! i feel more comfortable with the lick. I'm still perfecting it more just to get it easily. I'll probably post a video of it ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 23 2013, 07:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 22 2013, 11:02 PM) *
yes i have been! i feel more comfortable with the lick. I'm still perfecting it more just to get it easily. I'll probably post a video of it ! smile.gif

Great to hear that mate wink.gif By all means, please let me know when you put it in the forum so we can see what else we can help you with.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:39 AM